Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2023, 12:27   #196
BHPian

Re: Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs

Test drover the Volvo XC40 Recharge yesterday. I quite like the fit and finish of the Volvo. Mind you I test drove the Mercedes EQB and I actually felt the XC40 Recharge better put together. Also It has much better features and was much nicer to drive as well. The icing on the cake is that for EV's there are no Registration Charges for Corporates in Mumbai and also added benefits of accelerated Depreciation. I think it just sweetens the deal. The only downside is that with the EV technology changing so fast, this is already old and the newer tech in the soon to be launched C40 will make this feel like a bad purchase. I wonder why Volvo is not clear in communicating when will the XC40 Recharge get the updated tech. Or maybe they want to clear their existing inventory. The dealership is also not willing to confirm that the launch of the C40 will be in August and keep insisting that the C40 won't come before November/December!
curiosity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 18:47   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Spoke to Volvo today. The XC40 Recharge as they call their EV is expected in India around July 2021. It is one hell of a looker going by the photos. Its size, Volvo engineering make it perfect for my next buy in 2022 or 2023.
Booked an XC40 Recharge today. Pastel Green as in the photo below. Light as a feather, happy as a humming bird, proud as a peacock....Oh I could go on.

The car replaces my current Volvo XC60. I didn't go for the current generation XC60 due to the desire to move up to new technology. Also the shorter length and tighter turning radius make it more appropriate for city driving. I'll be installing a charger at my parking spot.
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-xc40-1.jpg  

V.Narayan is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 19:03   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked an XC40 Recharge today. Pastel Green as in the photo below. Light as a feather, happy as a humming bird, proud as a peacock....Oh I could go on.

The car replaces my current Volvo XC60. I didn't go for the current generation XC60 due to the desire to move up to new technology. Also the shorter length and tighter turning radius make it more appropriate for city driving. I'll be installing a charger at my parking spot.
Congrats! Just the amount of power on offer will quickly make you forget your old XC60 in no time.
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 19:57   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Booked an XC40 Recharge today.
Congratulations, Sir. How did it compare with C40 and what made you choose XC over C.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ge-review.html (Volvo C40 Recharge Review)

Edit - Read your reply here. Pasting link for the benefit of others.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post5638251

Quote:
I'll be installing a charger at my parking spot.
Does DLF allow this? In some of the newer condos in your compound, they have installed own, if I am not mistaken.

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th October 2023 at 20:02.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 20:18   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congratulations, Sir. How did it compare with C40 and what made you choose XC over C.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ge-review.html (Volvo C40 Recharge Review)

Edit - Read your reply here. Pasting link for the benefit of others.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post5638251
The pastel green or sage green colour is only available with the XC40. And my better half insisted that will be the colour. see we have a 50:50 deal amongst ourselves. I get to decide the car and she decides the colour - 50L:50!
Quote:
Does DLF allow this? In some of the newer condos in your compound, they have installed own, if I am not mistaken.
Yes. I have alerted them. My aim would be to get this done in a week before the car arrives.

Dear Turbanator, thank you for your nudge earlier today :-)

Last edited by V.Narayan : 5th October 2023 at 20:19.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 18:21   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Many many congratulations Sir! Looks like you already knew it in 2020 itself.

Quote:
Spoke to Volvo today. The XC40 Recharge as they call their EV is expected in India around July 2021. It is one hell of a looker going by the photos. Its size, Volvo engineering make it perfect for my next buy in 2022 or 2023. With EVs I plan to wait till a year of their launch for glitches, exploding batteries, fire hazards, what happens if you drive through one foot of water etc to be known. Going by my satisfaction with my current Volvo, sticking to the brand has meaning even though their India management hate replying to letters.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 12:17   #202
BHPian

Quote:
The pastel green or sage green colour is only available with the XC40.
Congratulations! Sage Green is available with the C40, I just cross-checked on their website as well. While getting the C40 in Fjord Blue I was told Sage Green was also available so you may want to check it! Hope it helps
curiosity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 14:18   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Congratulations! Sage Green is available with the C40, I just cross-checked on their website as well. While getting the C40 in Fjord Blue I was told Sage Green was also available so you may want to check it! Hope it helps
Thank you for the lead. I called up Volvo and insisted they get the Sage Green arranged in C40. I think there was a communication gap where Volvo thought I wanted immediate delivery and hence said Sage Green is not available. But in reality, I can wait. So, thanks to your alertness and advice Turbanator gave I have put in a request for my booking to be changed to C40 Sage Green. I hope to get their confirmation soon. The C40 being an ab initio EV design, as opposed XC40 Recharge which converted from an ICE foundation, gives a 20% greater range. The C40 is also around Rs 8 lakhs dearer. Given that the car will serve me for say 15 years the extra cost can be justified. WLTP range is 530 kms. Let's say real world range is 400 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
The moment I read this sentence in your post my mind started to whirr click-click-click. I pay attention to what you say given your extraordinary interest in cars. So C40 it is. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-sage-green-2022-volvo-c40.jpg  

Last edited by V.Narayan : 7th October 2023 at 14:23.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 14:40   #204
BHPian

Quote:
So, thanks to your alertness and advice Turbanator gave I have put in a request for my booking to be changed to C40 Sage Green. I hope to get their confirmation soon. The C40 being an ab initio EV design, as opposed XC40 Recharge which converted from an ICE foundation, gives a 20% greater range. The C40 is also around Rs 8 lakhs dearer. Given that the car will serve me for say 15 years the extra cost can be justified. WLTP range is 530 kms. Let's say real world range is 400 kms.

The moment I read this sentence in your post my mind started to whirr click-click-click. I pay attention to what you say given your extraordinary interest in cars. So C40 it is. :-)
Happy to help Sir! From what I have understood C40 seems to have a different battery+motor setup which is helping in the increased range. Yes the aerodynamic design etc helps in the range as well. More details and much better explanation on this post:

https://team-bhp.com/forum/electric-...ml#post5619660

and ya Welcome to the Club sir!
curiosity is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks