Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2022, 17:48   #196
BHPian

re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixmaster View Post
Booking Fees is Rs. 50000
Cancellation Charges is Rs. 25000
Funny part is price is unknown
Perfect! I just LOVE it when brands implicitly communicate their ethos, so that I can stay away from them.
ashwin489 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 18:09   #197

re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

Hello Everyone, I had also booked MG EV in June'22 and casually called them to find out the process of cancellation of the booking. They offered me a silver colour car last month and then again this month they are saying that they will try and deliver black ( booked colour) by end of month. I am in a state of confusion as to shall I wait for the BYD pricing and delivery in January - 2023?. The upper limit that I can stretch till 32 Lakhs may be but not sure about it again. What is the groups opinion?
Old 10th November 2022, 14:50   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen4839 View Post
Hello Everyone, I had also booked MG EV in June'22 and casually called them to find out the process of cancellation of the booking. They offered me a silver colour car last month and then again this month they are saying that they will try and deliver black ( booked colour) by end of month. I am in a state of confusion as to shall I wait for the BYD pricing and delivery in January - 2023?. The upper limit that I can stretch till 32 Lakhs may be but not sure about it again. What is the groups opinion?
The pricing for BYD would be out in next 4 days or so, IMO it's worth waiting.
As far as the delivery is concerned, I don't think there will be much demand (considering the high price and acceptance of Chinese EV) and you should get the car latest by Feb, 23, if already booked.

Having said that, all hands are pointing north of 35 lacs so far, I am myself waiting with the bated breath.
Turbo Head is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 18:45   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
The pricing for BYD would be out in next 4 days or so, IMO it's worth waiting.
As far as the delivery is concerned, I don't think there will be much demand (considering the high price and acceptance of Chinese EV) and you should get the car latest by Feb, 23, if already booked.

Having said that, all hands are pointing north of 35 lacs so far, I am myself waiting with the bated breath.
Thank you, the SA at Mody BYD told me that the pricing should be out tomorrow that is 11/11. Let's see, the MG People have taken the documents for for loan, I asked them to hold on too the next steps till 15th or 16th. I also heard similar pricing from everyone. Hoping for a miracle and the price of 29.99
praveen4839 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 21:22   #200

Quote:
Thank you, the SA at Mody BYD told me that the pricing should be out tomorrow that is 11/11. Let's see, the MG People have taken the documents for for loan, I asked them to hold on too the next steps till 15th or 16th. I also heard similar pricing from everyone. Hoping for a miracle and the price of 29.99
So the price did not get revealed today. I am starting to think how will the company handle the after sales if they are taking so much time to reveal the price and not sticking to the timelines.
praveen4839 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 23:50   #201
BHPian

Quote:
So the price did not get revealed today. I am starting to think how will the company handle the after sales if they are taking so much time to reveal the price and not sticking to the timelines.

Carwale has listed the expected launch as 16th November.

Also, I don't remember seeing any specific date set for a price announcement. It was just said as next month during last month's car reveal.
TheRandomGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 08:45   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post

Also, I don't remember seeing any specific date set for a price announcement.
Yes the dealer in Chennai also agreed the pricing will be announced next week although BYD seems to maintain radio silence in their PR social media channels. Would be a soft-launch (read: silent announcement) of pricing at best followed by TDs (no idea if a media drive is in the works too).

Although I see several BYD dealerships in the north offering TDs, the one in Chennai is reluctant to offer one which is key to my decision-making.

Cheers,
Vijay
vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 09:56   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Y
Although I see several BYD dealerships in the north offering TDs

Vijay
That one dealership in Delhi BYD Landmark is offering Test Drives to some of the auto vloggers. I saw 4-5 videos of a test drive/"review" with cars from the same dealership.

They all are obviously saying only positive things almost like its a sponsored video.

Hope Team-BHP gets one for a tbhp style review.
TheRandomGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 03:09   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post
Carwale has listed the expected launch as 16th November.

Also, I don't remember seeing any specific date set for a price announcement. It was just said as next month during last month's car reveal.
So there are multiple dates about the pricing
1. Checked with my SA and he said it might be out next week
2. Called the number on BYD website and they said that the price will be revealed by first or second week of Dec
3. Went to KUN BYD there one of SA said the price will be out by 16th Nov, another one told it will be out by 28th of Nov.

The only sliver lining which also is not completely confirmed is that the first 500 cars will be delivered by first or second week of Jan'2023 according to byd india folks.
Old 14th November 2022, 12:00   #205
Senior - BHPian

BYD Atto 3 launched in India at Rs 33.99 lakh.

- Gathers 1,500 bookings

- Deliveries to begin in January 2023

Name:  bydatto3leftrearthreequarter3.jpeg
Views: 832
Size:  61.6 KB

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th November 2022 at 12:07.
Venkatesh is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 12:13   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

- Gathers 1,500 bookings

- Deliveries to begin in January 2023

Attachment 2379342

Source
The pricing is little on the higher side for an unknown brand in India. BYD should have priced it closer to 30L for it make it a dent in the market. The OTR will be around 34L in states with no road tax and will cross 35L in others.
That's steep.
speedmiester is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 12:53   #207

I would have booked at 30L which felt like fair price. This seems to a way to milk customers. Same model in Australia is at less than 26L. With 15% tax due to CKD could have been processed under 30L.
Let's see how many of the 1,500 bookings materialize.
omzworld is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 12:58   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Ooo, not really a competitive price and might scare away a lot of prospective buyers. Including me.

Quote:
So what are you going to do now that the price is announced?
TheRandomGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 13:16   #209
BHPian

Is this car a CBU, SKD or CKD? I do not think it is a CKD. Bringing it via CKD will reduce the price a lot more and hope BYD does that. The car otherwise is great and there are very few cars with a 60kWh battery in this price bracket
lina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 13:23   #210
BHPian

My prediction on the pricing is spot on.
This will definitely sell in good numbers, provided they more focus on expanding their sales & service network ASAP.

While I agree that this is a new brand, I don't think it can be priced cheaper than this given that Atto 3 is a way better car in terms of everything compared to a ZS EV Exclusive Edition.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks