Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2022, 18:22   #211
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
Finally got an SMS from Tata that my booking is confirmed and I have secured the introductory pricing. There is no email confirmation although I feel the former would also suffice.
I did not get SMS but got the email and I also feel it would suffice although it does not mention the model and colour. Does your SMS mention the model and color which you booked?
Old 23rd October 2022, 21:29   #212
BHPian

Still no sms or mail from TML. Surprisingly, dealer is pretty responsive and has confirmed on mail that he punched in my booking on 10th oct. Still waiting on a confirmation of any sort about my order being received by TML though. The TML customer care is unable to understand my concern on phone or mail, and just says to be in touch with dealer. Guess I have no option but to wait, but the whole booking experience leaves much to be desired.
Jekyl87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 23:43   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyl87 View Post
Still no sms or mail from TML. Surprisingly, dealer is pretty responsive and has confirmed on mail that he punched in my booking on 10th oct. Still waiting on a confirmation of any sort about my order being received by TML though. The TML customer care is unable to understand my concern on phone or mail, and just says to be in touch with dealer. Guess I have no option but to wait, but the whole booking experience leaves much to be desired.
If it's gmail, you've checked the spam folder right? I got into an argument with the dealer (devaki motors pune) and found out later that it was in the spam folder (booked on 10th oct, received the mail on 14th oct around 8.30pm)
oli.ferns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 14:59   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
If it's gmail, you've checked the spam folder right? I got into an argument with the dealer (devaki motors pune) and found out later that it was in the spam folder (booked on 10th oct, received the mail on 14th oct around 8.30pm)
Checked and double checked spam. No luck. Is there any way to escalate?
Old 24th October 2022, 16:21   #215
BHPian

I think the only way to escalate is to tweet Tatamotorsev. I tweeted, dm'ed and followed up on the dm on twitter after which the dealer called me sounding frustrated as tata had probably fined them a bit for not resovling my query after repeated follow ups.
oli.ferns is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 11:40   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyl87 View Post
Did you get the Sales Order No in the booking confirmation from the dealer? In my case when there was no confirmation from TML, I dialed their customer care and confirmed with my SO number/booking name and they confirmed that they have received my booking. However, they couldnt confirm if the customer's booking is eligible for introductory pricing. btw, when did you make your booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I did not get SMS but got the email and I also feel it would suffice although it does not mention the model and colour. Does your SMS mention the model and color which you booked?
Nope, no such mention. PFB copy of message.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-whatsapp-image-20221021-18.42.11.jpeg  

Old 25th October 2022, 13:04   #217
BHPian

I have received 2 mails confirming the introductory price from TML for my booking so far. Mails received on 14th and 21st Dec. Sender email was passengervehicles@tatamotorsdigital.com
Both the emails were in the Gmail spam folder.

Have alao received one confirmatory SMS message.
coldice4u is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 13:31   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinshastry View Post
My first post in Team-BHP. Very excited to be a part of this forum !

Unfortunately, our email ID was missed from being collected and even we failed to realise that. From then, I neither received any booking confirmation mail nor details from them. They themselves did not communicate anything from their side. Every time I have to call them and push them to send me the mails and details. One good thing is that, they respond well to all the queries on call and resolve it quickly.

Now the issue is that, instead of getting a proper mail id from us, they have made up their own invalid email id using my dad's name and have given that for booking . On the other side, I am waiting desperately for a confirmation mail, checking my inbox and spam folder from time to time, only to be disappointed for not getting one. Called them out of desperation, only to realise all this after the sales executive said we have given them an invalid mail id. Also they have punched the colour as Prisitne White, when I had requested for tropical mist.
The dealer is saying that they have corrected the e-mail address and also the colour. But till now have not received any confirmation mail nor messages from TaMo. I have also created a mail id in the name of the wrong email adress which they had given in the booking, just in case it has not been changed and all the future mails would be going there. Have also written to tata customer care asking if they can check from their side and ensure me that all details have been corrected. Got the reply that they have forwarded my concern to Bengaluru regional office and they will take up my concern. Awaiting their reply. Unknowingly, we did our booking in the Raahu Kaala and probably thats why all this mess.

Amidst all this, we had a change of plans. Our earlier plan was to have Tiago EV alongside the existing Ford global Fiesta 2012 DCT. Though its an excellent car in terms of handling and dynamics, from some time, the DCT unit in the Fiesta is worrying me. Ford's DCT units from 2011 to 2016 are notoriously known for their design issues, which Ford knew well before but anyway decided to put it into their cars . We have two Fiesta;s in our family, the other being used by my uncle. That one already has the dual clutch assembly changed a couple of years ago as the gears were not shifting and it used to leave him stranded in the middle. Luckily ours is still going fine. Also both car's ABS units have gone kaput. Owing to its low sales and high percentage of imported components, new parts are very expensive and used parts are very difficult to find. I was fortunately able to source a used ABS unit from Mumbai with the help of a FNG at one third the cost of a new one and fix ours, but has been very difficult to find one for the other car. Adding fuel to the fire is Ford's exit. Thus I am having second thoughts about keeping this car for much longer, considering its already in its 11th year. Tiago's expected real world range of 200km to 220km seemed insufficient now as a primary as it can never be taken too far outside the city, considering that there are very few fast chargers in the upper part of the western ghats region of Karnataka (where my city is situated). Thus, considering long term, we decided to extend our budget and get the Nexon EV Max, as that can very well be the primary car for our usage, with the real world range of around 300+ km and also its much safer, has better tech with faster charging rates, is spacious and is clearly a car of higher segment. With our decision almost tilted to the Max, we have still kept the Tiago booking open, to decided by the end of this year after seeing its reviews and range test results.
Old 25th October 2022, 15:22   #219
BHPian

i hope Tata sends out a proper email with our booking details again after they clean up their booking mess which they should have ideally done by now.

I got 2 email after the booking. 1 with the correct color details and another with the wrong color details. Ignoring it at a bug for now, but hopefully their booking software was not messed up badly and they have all the wrong details in their system.
Old 26th October 2022, 14:49   #220
Senior - BHPian

I had booked the car on October 16th, while I got an email confirming the booking instantly, got another e-mail 2 days later and then got a SMS confirming the introductory pricing day before yesterday. In between also got a call from the dealer, confirming they have received a booking from my side.
Old 26th October 2022, 15:44   #221
Team-BHP Support

Is anyone aware of what kind of charger comes with this EV? and what's the highest capacity of charger we can buy to use as a portable destination charger?
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 10:14   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Is anyone aware of what kind of charger comes with this EV? and what's the highest capacity of charger we can buy to use as a portable destination charger?
The portable charger that is bundled with the car works off a 15amp socket and I think its the same 3.2kw charger that comes with the nexon ev. This is the best destination wall charger as it can plug into any (proper) 15amp socket.

The fixed wall charger supplied by tata is a 7.2kw ac fast charger which can fully charge the 19kwh model in 2.6hrs and 24kwh model in 3.6hrs as per brochure info.

With a proper 32amp socket one can use a portable non OEM 7.2kw charger like the one below and the charging times should be similar to the 7.2kw fixed wall charger.

Link: https://jt-mobility.com/products/lev...ope-russia-uae

Last edited by Sankar : 27th October 2022 at 10:32.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 13:02   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The portable charger that is bundled with the car works off a 15amp socket and I think its the same 3.2kw charger that comes with the nexon ev. This is the best destination wall charger as it can plug into any (proper) 15amp socket.
Slightly off OP's query. The portable charger requires a proper ground (earth) connection to work. It won't start charging if weak/ no earthing is detected. So, wherever you are planning to charge with portable charger, please ensure proper earth connection.

My friend found it hard way and was almost stranded in a remote area.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 13:24   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
The portable charger requires a proper ground (earth) connection to work. It won't start charging if weak/ no earthing is detected.
Thanks, maybe time to keep a copper wire and some extra salt packs too

Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 18:48   #225
BHPian

I highly recommend watching Noise Faktory team videos on youtube for anyone planning to purchase the car.
They have literally covered even small questions we have about the cars practically - as they own and extensively use the Nexon EV and Tigor EV.

example video - in line with the 'earthing' discussion happening in the previous posts -

Full Disclosure - I am in no way affiliated to them but they were a big help in me taking the leap into EV.

Last edited by torquecurve : 28th October 2022 at 18:52.
torquecurve is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks