Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2022, 14:58   #196
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_v3 View Post
Can the car be registered on a different family members' name or do i need to register against whatever name i gave during booking?
Typically immediate family members (not cousins, etc.) isn't a problem. Even in case of Mahindra's XUV 700 where the bookings were very strictly managed by Mahindra directly and very little was in dealer's hands, transferring to family members was easily allowed. You should still confirm with the dealer once to be sure.

Update on bookings:

Received SMS confirmation as well for the intro pricing:

Quote:
Thank you for booking Tiago.ev! We are pleased to inform that your booking is confirmed at the introductory price announced on 28th Sept 2022. This SMS is only for your information. Confirmation of introductory price is subject to Terms & Conditions in the mail sent to you.
- TATA Motors

Last edited by tarunjain : 19th October 2022 at 15:01.
tarunjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 18:42   #197
BHPian

Update on booking:

Received SMS confirmation as well for the intro pricing. Had booked on the 2nd day via portal. Since I already own a Tigor EV, had entered the chassis number and contact number for reference.

Tigor EV has already done 2100 kms in less than 2 months and our running is only in the city, so Tiago EV is a no brainer. Hope the reduced road tax stays as the current Kerala discounts expire in December this year.
Nanolover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 02:02   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
Hi Folks, First post on this thread. Since Tata launched the most affordable EV (as of today), I also decided to take the plunge and booked the EV via a dealer in Gurgaon. However my experience so far is sub par and there is a pure lack of communication and transparency since the time I have started dealing with them.
Hi everyone this is my first post here, very excited to be an active member of this community, I also booked TIAGO EV XT LR via the dealer, and the dealer gave me a booking slip as usual, I never got any email from TATA MOTORS, but today I got an SMS from TATA stating that 'booking is confirmed at the introductory price', I'm guessing dealers are putting their email ids for booking.

Are FAME II subsidies still going on? does anyone have any idea how much TIAGO EV will benefit from those? I've talked to 2-3 dealers all of which are TATA EV Dealers and all are clueless about subsidies. In Haryana, there are currently no subsidies from the state govt. which makes the OTR of TIAGO EV XT LR over 11L-11.5L approx. I Guess FAME II subsidies could help bring the price down.

Last edited by vb-saan : 20th October 2022 at 07:53. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
MuditP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 09:45   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuditP View Post
Are FAME II subsidies still going on? .
There are no Fame 2 subsidies for PV 4 wheelers, only 2W PV and commercial vehicles get the Fame 2 subsidy.
SKC-auto is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 10:49   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. In Haryana, there are currently no subsidies from the state govt. which makes the OTR of TIAGO EV XT LR over 11L-11.5L approx. I Guess FAME II subsidies could help bring the price down.
Absolutely no benefits or subsidy of any kind in Haryana. Makes zero sense to buy/register your EV in Haryana. Pls try to arrange for an address in Delhi or Rajasthan or UP. All you need is a rent agreement and you’ll straightaway save a lakh rupees on road tax, which is exempt on EVs in all these states.

Tiago EV at almost 12L just doesn’t work. The normal Tiago is for 7 lakhs, so you won’t start saving a penny until after driving for a good 75000km. You can get a top end Punch Creative AMT for 10 odd lakhs, a far better and more sophisticated vehicle, and still save 2L for fuel expenses.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 13:28   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Pls try to arrange for an address in Delhi or Rajasthan or UP. All you need is a rent agreement and you’ll straightaway save a lakh rupees on road tax, which is exempt on EVs in all these states.
My father is an HR Govt employee. The car will be registered in his name to take advantage of Income tax 80EEB Deduction, unfortunately we cannot show father's residential address outside Haryana.

Quote:
Tiago EV at almost 12L just doesn’t work.
Yes, it is quite high but the dealer told us the expected OTR around 11-11.2L, the only thing convincing us to get the EV is that we were anyway going to get Hyundai i20 sportz IVT for 10.23L OTR. Daily running is about 70km, car size doesn't matter much but the transmission does.

My cousin has Tiago XZ AMT and that gearbox was jerky from the start and now 5 years down it's just not good, gearbox is just too jerky, and my friend's Punch also shows the same jerkiness in AMT, so we were never going to buy another AMT from TATA, and to get any decent Automatic car [i20/Amaze/Venue/Kiger etc.] we would anyways have to spend around10.5-11L OTR for a secondary car and then the added expense of fuel around 10-12k/ month.

and an EV is just much more refined in every term, so no worries of jerkiness and by spending around 1L extra we can save around 1L every year on fuel costs.

I know the cars I have mentioned are from segment above Tiago but as I said the car segment or size doesn't matter much, A good refined automatic and cost of running does also it'll be my father's daily drive (He prefers small cars). Mostly he will travel alone in that car, we think that Tiago EV will be the cheapest way for him to commute.

We are still deciding whether to get the EV or not and are basing our decision to get EV on the explanation above, are we just overspending?

Last edited by MuditP : 20th October 2022 at 13:48.
MuditP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 15:42   #202
BANNED

Quote:
Daily running is about 70km, car size doesn't matter much but the transmission does.

We are still deciding whether to get the EV or not and are basing our decision to get EV on the explanation above, are we just overspending?
Your requirement screams EV! The delta between Tiago AMT and EV is 3.5 lakhs. With your dad's running it will take only 3 years to make up the difference. Besides the AMT is a pathetic gearbox, I own a DCT and have driven enough AMT. Stay away from that sh*t. There is no point for anyone with a budget of less than ₹12 lakh and running of more than 50 kms daily and less than 250 km daily to look for an ICE car. Period.
The Rationalist is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 16:08   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Besides the AMT is a pathetic gearbox, I own a DCT and have driven enough AMT. Stay away from that sh*t.
I agree, I have seen how the AMT just keeps on getting shittier with time with the 2017 Tiago XZA. I haven't driven the Maruti AGS cars, but Tata AMTs are awful. Be it Tiago, be it the new Punch.

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2022 at 12:58. Reason: Poorly Typed Posts. Please type your posts out perfectly (language, punctuation, grammar, spacing, capitalization)
MuditP is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 20th October 2022, 16:49   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pls try to arrange for an address in Delhi or Rajasthan or UP. All you need is a rent agreement and you’ll straightaway save a lakh rupees on road tax, which is exempt on EVs in all these states.
Sorry, going off topic, but isn't this an gross illegal act (not a minor violation) ?? And an unsolicited advice to commit.

Like speeding, DUI etc, I think forum rules should be modified to exclude such advice/ suggestions.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 17:11   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Sorry, going off topic, but isn't this an gross illegal act (not a minor violation) ?? And an unsolicited advice to commit.
I beg to differ.

A legal document is being created. A rent agreement. It is made by two willing parties on proper stamp paper and is duly notarised, as per the law of the land. How is that illegal?

The law of the land allows creation of rent agreement of upto 11 months by means of a simple agreement on a 100 rupees stamp paper between willing parties on mutually agreeable terms. It is 100% legal, applicable and enforceable once it is notarised.

The OP may have a friend or relative living in Delhi or Noida or Ghaziabad who is willing to help him. Regulations are supposed to be consistent across NCR. That’s the whole point. It is not the customer’s fault that Haryana government refuses to play ball and it’s own announced EV policy remains unimplemented. People are allowed to figure out ways to save tax within the existing legal framework. After all, you are allowed to live and work in any part of the country.

You may question the ethics. But this is definitely not illegal in any way whatsoever.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 20th October 2022 at 17:29.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 17:53   #206
BHPian

So, I booked the Tiago EV on Oct 10th and got the confirmation email from Tata Motors at 12.15pm. Visited the dealer today as I did not get a call from them or any emails from Tata Motors following the booking confirmation email. To my surprise, the dealer said that they haven't received my booking details from Tata motors. They went through the open booking list with me and they could not find my booking. We tracked the payment receipt and it was confirmed by their accounts team that the booking payment was initiated on Oct 10th, 12.14pm and realized on October 11th. The dealer is now saying that since they have not received any booking confirmation directly from TML, they will have to manually enter my booking as a new booking made today.
My dealer has over 200 bookings so far. Not sure what the impact would be on pricing and delivery if my booking is punched into the system today.
nish6474 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 18:24   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Your requirement screams EV! The delta between Tiago AMT and EV is 3.5 lakhs. With your dad's running it will take only 3 years to make up the difference. Besides the AMT is a pathetic gearbox, I own a DCT and have driven enough AMT. Stay away from that sh*t. There is no point for anyone with a budget of less than ₹12 lakh and running of more than 50 kms daily and less than 250 km daily to look for an ICE car. Period.
You are right that Tiago EV should be compared with Tiago AMT (XTA). And if the requirement is primarily city driving, then XT-MR should be sufficient in which case the delta will be even lesser.

In bangalore Tiago XTA OTR is 8.4L and XT-MR is 9.9 (with price protection), delta is 1.5L
mohan41 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 00:34   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the dealer gave me a booking slip as usual, I never got any email from TATA MOTORS, but today I got an SMS from TATA stating that 'booking is confirmed at the introductory price', I'm guessing dealers are putting their email ids for booking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nish6474 View Post
I did not get a call from them or any emails from Tata Motors following the booking confirmation email. To my surprise, the dealer said that they haven't received my booking details from Tata motors.
My friend made booking for Tiago EV on 9th Oct and got confirmation email on 14th Oct.

Quote:
From: Tata Motors Cars <passengervehicles@tatamotorsdigital.com>
Sent: 14 October 2022 18:25
To: ******
Subject: Confirmation of Tiago.ev booking

Dear ******,

You have made a great choice in booking the Tata Tiago.ev and we thank you for choosing to go.ev.

We come bearing some great news for you and your family! We are pleased to inform you that your booking of Tiago.ev is confirmed at the introductory prices announced on 28th September 2022.

Further details regarding the delivery schedule of your Tiago.ev would be communicated to you in the coming days.

Key terms and conditions related to your booking:
1.Your Booking is confirmed and booking details including variant cannot be changed. You may however change the colour by 30th November 2022.
2.If you are an existing Tata EV owner or have been referred by a Tata EV Owner, then, the necessary valid details should be furnished in a timely manner to avoid forfeiting the introductory price offered.
3.Your booking is non-transferable.
4.Website terms and conditions applicable at the time of booking would apply in addition to the above terms and conditions.
5.If you desire to cancel the booking of your Tiago.ev, please contact the dealership chosen at the time of booking.
6.Please click here to go through complete list of terms & conditions related to your booking.

Thank you for booking the Tiago.ev !

Tata Passenger Electric Mobility Limited
Quote:
A legal document is being created. A rent agreement. It is made by two willing parties on proper stamp paper and is duly notarised, as per the law of the land. How is that illegal?
I am not from legal background, so may be wrong. IMO, a document/ agreement/ company created with sole objective of evading tax or hiding money, with nothing real on ground (actual residency, in this case) is illegal. This plan is akin to creating shell companies to launder money, get GST tax credit etc. Also, in any legal matter, 'motive' has very significant place alongside the laid down law/ rules.

Rest is individuals' choice depending upon appetite for benefit vs. consequences, if any. So, I rest my case.

Quote:
People are allowed to figure out ways to save tax within the existing legal framework.
Your statement contains the answer.

Quote:
Regulations are supposed to be consistent across NCR. That’s the whole point. It is not the customer’s fault that Haryana government refuses to play ball and it’s own announced EV policy remains unimplemented... After all, you are allowed to live and work in any part of the country.
I agree, that as a country, ideally there should be uniformity in every aspect of life across the nation. Particularly for the jobs/ services/ revenue structure etc. provided by centre/ state governments. However, Federal structure of our country and each state having own say on item in State list allows for the differences. This may be good in some aspects and not so good in some aspects.

Moreover IIRC from last year, for Delhi Government's subsidy, an affidavit needs to be submitted that the owner is resident of Delhi and the vehicle will be primarily driven in Delhi. Not sure about the latest rules.

Quote:
You may question the ethics. But this is definitely not illegal in any way whatsoever.
May be someone from legal background can put more light on this.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 21st October 2022 at 00:37.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 17:25   #209
BANNED

Just took a test drive of Tigor EV to get a rough idea how Tiago EV would be. The car is decently built with good frontal views. The super silent motor gives a eerie feeling for someone who drives a turbo petrol!

The steering felt light for an EPS. I love the hydraulic steerings, my current drive has an EPS but it’s better weighted. The EPS of the global Fiesta is my benchmark south of ₹20 lakh cars. The acceleration from standstill is nothing to write about in D mode, but it’s quite good in S mode. I tried to floor the pedal from standstill and it resulted in wheel spin. The EV needs better rubbers if its going to driven hard. The silent motor necessitates the use of horn more frequently as most vehicles ahead aren’t aware of the EV sneaking up. I did miss the aural pleasure of the turbo though, but times are changing and have to think about noise pollution.

The under thigh support for tall passengers is not that good at the rear. For those with height less than 5.10 it would be enough I guess. The boot space is limited due to battery eating up spare tyre space and spare tyre being located in the usual boot space. So you need to pack very light and sensibly for highway trips.

I will be waiting for another year or so till 6 airbags become mandatory and then will buy an EV. Tiago would make an excellent city car for a small family and for those who make 3-4 yearly highway trips of 400-500 kms a day, which would cover >90% of customers. In fact I think this can be the primary car for >80% of households in India. Tiago EV can garner upwards of 2000 numbers a month for sure. This coupled with the loan available for upto 10 years will make this very feasible for most buyers. With a minimal down payment the EMI will translate to ₹12000/month and for those with a monthly running of 800 kms, the effective cost will be ₹8000. Its a no brainer for sure. I believe this will be an inflection point as far as EV’s are concerned.
The Rationalist is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 09:16   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I gave booking amount and other details to dealer on 8-Oct. According to dealer booking details were entered online on 10-oct after 12noon.
I received email from Tata motors on 14-Oct 8:30pm.
Finally got an SMS from Tata that my booking is confirmed and I have secured the introductory pricing. There is no email confirmation although I feel the former would also suffice.
rahul1407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks