Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2022, 10:42   #181
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
[center]

Tata Tiago EV Preview

High-voltage cables should've been covered up properly. Leaving them exposed is a bit disconcerting:
Attachment 2363050
This raises two concerns:
1) Is it safe to go through waterlogged areas with cable exposed like this?
2) Concern about rats biting the exposed cables.

In Tigor and Nexon EV are there similar exposed cables?

Last edited by mohan41 : 17th October 2022 at 11:00.
mohan41 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 12:41   #182
BHPian

Yes ,Nexon Prime ,Max & Tigor ev also have exposed cables.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-f557af57cc0341748b4540c152461dcc.jpeg  

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-b1884a71da6543a497a27a66383fdba8.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 13:04   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post

I too am not comfortable with exposed (conduit) long runs of high voltage cables. While the orange plastic conduit does give it some protection from mild abrasions it is the rat bites and such that is worrisome. Driving through waterlogged areas should not be a problem because the connectors are most probably IP rated for it and submersion of these high voltage lines should not cause any issues as the insulation + conduit should give ample protection.

The long run of high voltage line on the nexon is to the charging socket, i believe, as the battery high voltage connections are at the front of the battery just behind front subframe.

In case of Tigor the battery is at the back and orange high voltage lines go all the way from the front to the back to the charging socket (by the side like nexon) as well as to the battery (through central tunnel) with no extra protection. Tiago's configuration ought to be like Tigor.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 16:16   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc View Post
Hey, may I know, at what time you got your first confirmation mail, about the booking?

I booked mine by 12:14pm, on launch day and got the confirmation mail. But, never got any mail about price guarantee. Anyone, who got mail or booked earlier, kindly update.

Attached screenshot below:
Received mine at 12:17 pm on 10th October 2022
Aishven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 22:32   #185
BHPian

Hi Folks, First post on this thread. Since Tata launched the most affordable EV (as of today), I also decided to take the plunge and booked the EV via a dealer in Gurgaon. However my experience so far is sub par and there is a pure lack of communication and transparency since the time I have started dealing with them.

Has anyone booked theirs via a dealer? I booked XT LR variant of the EV and haven't received any automated confirmation from Tata. After multiple followups, I have received 3 different reference numbers which they claim to be are booking confirmation numbers.

I am not sure if the dealer is playing smart and/or will I even get the introductory pricing benefit for my purchase.
rahul1407 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 05:04   #186

Like a few others, this is my first post. I've booked the XZ+ LR variant through a dealer. Among the hot discussions with respect to the booking confirmation, I got two emails, one from the dealer and one from Tata (found it in spam).
All my conversations till the booking were through phone calls with a team manager and post my booking he also offered me a TD of the Tigor EV.
I visited the showroom to meet him in person and see the dealership experience. All I could see is, a vast difference in the showroom's approach to customers. I had visited the same dealership at the time of Safari launch (poor experience). But now, we were welcomed and hosted well. Hope it stays the same in the days to come.

I too have a concern regarding the exposed conduits. Can someone share their experience on the below?
1. Have anyone come across a rat bite in EVs so far?
2. Insurance generally does not cover rat bites I guess (educate me).
3. Is there any protection plan or something like a top-up for the insurance specifically for such instances?
4. The Ziptron cover - does it safeguard something or just a cosmetic?
gsriram.avis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 20:32   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
Checked out the Tiago EV at Orion Mall, Bangalore today. We have booked one already and wanted to see the car at the earliest.

A few observations:

Attachment 2368530
For anyone who gets frustrated by the lack of parcel tray stings on their Tiago, here you go:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-cars-too.html (Adding parcel tray strings to a Tiago for Rs. 8 | This method would work for other cars too)
lemedico is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 22:25   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
Hi Folks, First post on this thread. Since Tata launched the most affordable EV (as of today), I also decided to take the plunge and booked the EV via a dealer in Gurgaon. However my experience so far is sub par and there is a pure lack of communication and transparency since the time I have started dealing with them.

Has anyone booked theirs via a dealer? I booked XT LR variant of the EV and haven't received any automated confirmation from Tata. After multiple followups, I have received 3 different reference numbers which they claim to be are booking confirmation numbers.

I am not sure if the dealer is playing smart and/or will I even get the introductory pricing benefit for my purchase.
I have booked through a dealer in Bangalore. Dealer sent me a receipt generated by themselves , not from Tata , for the booking advance amount which I paid (21K). From Tata I got an email stating that I am eligible for introductory pricing but that mail does not say which model I have booked.
mohan41 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 07:44   #189
BHPian

Folks from Hyderabad / Telangana, does anyone have insights on the state’s EV policy? Currently the life tax on EV’s registration is 0, but this was for the first 5000 cars. The total number of EVs registered so far must be approaching 5000 by now. If not before, once the Tiago EV launches, it will quickly cross that 5000 number. What happens then? Is it expected to be extended? Given the otherwise very high life tax in Telangana, a lot of cost benefit of EVs comes from the zero life tax itself. I am not sure how viable Tiago EV will be (for me at least) if the road tax benefit goes away
tarunjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 09:35   #190
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked through a dealer in Bangalore. Dealer sent me a receipt generated by themselves , not from Tata , for the booking advance amount which I paid (21K). From Tata I got an email stating that I am eligible for introductory pricing but that mail does not say which model I have booked.
Thanks for the update Mohan. I booked the car on 16-Oct by paying 11k to the dealer, after a lot of heated arguments and numerous escalations ultimately going to the point of cancellation, I was connected to a lead and he told me that the SO number (Sales Order) is punched by the dealer and email from Tata may be received after 20 or even after Diwali. I am still not sure if I should trust what he said and/or I can secure the intro pricing.

Just to confirm, when did you make the booking and how soon did you receive the confirmation from Tata?
rahul1407 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 11:07   #191
BHPian

Quote:

Past couple of days has seen heavy rains in Pune. Leading to extreme water logging. I have driven through almost knee deep water comfortably. The cables and connectors are IP 67/8 Rated.
Couple of our group members have had issues with rat bites but it’s on the LV cabling and not HV (orange).
In fact EVs do a lot better when it comes to water than their ICE counterparts.
torquecurve is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 11:22   #192

Quote:

My first post in Team-BHP. Very excited to be a part of this forum !

I have booked XZ+ 3.3 kW for my father at Adishakti Cars, Shivamogga, Karnataka. The experience is sort of mixed. Being a showroom in a tier 3 city, they were not selling EVs before. After the launch of the Tiago EV, I felt its the perfect fit for my father whose 90% of the driving will be to his work within the city. Not wanting to wait till October 10th for the official bookings to open, we decided to pre-book it unofficially. The nearest cities from where I could get the car were Bengaluru, Mysuru, Mangaluru or Hubballi. Just decided to check with the local dealer once and to my surprise they said they have now got the permission to sell EVs and have started delivering EVs since the last month . I was very happy and rushed to the showroom immediately to pre-book one. The showroom was under renovation and thus all cars were parked outside. The experience with the sales executive was very good and he had good knowledge about EVs. He arranged for a test drive of Tiago petrol after a wait of 30 mins as all the TD cars were parked in a their yard some distance away due to the renovation. We then immediately booked the car by paying the booking amount of Rs 21,000. As we were in a bit of hurry, we rushed back after giving them the necessary documents and details. Unfortunately, our email ID was missed from being collected and even we failed to realise that. From then, I neither received any booking confirmation mail nor details from them. They themselves did not communicate anything from their side. Every time I have to call them and push them to send me the mails and details. One good thing is that, they respond well to all the queries on call and resolve it quickly.

Now the issue is that, instead of getting a proper mail id from us, they have made up their own invalid email id using my dad's name and have given that for booking . On the other side, I am waiting desperately for a confirmation mail, checking my inbox and spam folder from time to time, only to be disappointed for not getting one. Called them out of desperation, only to realise all this after the sales executive said we have given them an invalid mail id. Also they have punched the colour as Prisitne White, when I had requested for tropical mist. Point to be appreciated is that they immediately connected me to their EV team lead who has collected all our details again and has assured he will get everything fixed. For now, I have received a booking confirmation mail from the dealer with the sales order number and incorrect colour. Still waiting for the issues to get fixed and get the price protection mail from TaMo. Hope its done soon. Also planning to get a TD of Tigor EV this week, as it would be very similar to Tiago EV in terms of driving experience.

To summarise, the response and the interest from the dealer side is satisfactory. It is way better compared to my experience at Adishakti cars, Bengaluru when I had gone to check Nexon EV last year. The showroom there was messy, crowded and no one attended us. As the TD car was not available then, they promised us that they would bring the car to our place the next day. But the vehicle never came even after repeated calling and thus ended up wasting half of our day, which eventually made us loose interest in our purchase and made us put the decision on hold. In terms of communication and transparency, things must improve.
sachinshastry is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 12:14   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update Mohan. I booked the car on 16-Oct by paying 11k to the dealer, after a lot of heated arguments and numerous escalations ultimately going to the point of cancellation, I was connected to a lead and he told me that the SO number (Sales Order) is punched by the dealer and email from Tata may be received after 20 or even after Diwali. I am still not sure if I should trust what he said and/or I can secure the intro pricing.

Just to confirm, when did you make the booking and how soon did you receive the confirmation from Tata?
I gave booking amount and other details to dealer on 8-Oct. According to dealer booking details were entered online on 10-oct after 12noon.
I received email from Tata motors on 14-Oct 8:30pm.
mohan41 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 12:32   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunjain View Post
Folks from Hyderabad / Telangana, does anyone have insights on the state’s EV policy? Currently the life tax on EV’s registration is 0, but this was for the first 5000 cars. The total number of EVs registered so far must be approaching 5000 by now. If not before, once the Tiago EV launches, it will quickly cross that 5000 number. What happens then? Is it expected to be extended? Given the otherwise very high life tax in Telangana, a lot of cost benefit of EVs comes from the zero life tax itself. I am not sure how viable Tiago EV will be (for me at least) if the road tax benefit goes away
There is no clarity, last i heard is there are 4000+ ev's on road right now in telangana. Since this also includes 2 wheelers, it might easily hit 5000 before tiago is launched. However, i am hoping TS will extend, fingers crossed.

I also had this same thought and will probably cancel if i have to pay road tax since i am hedging the road tax discount against the premium they are charging for an EV.

For the same reason, i also decided to book online and try my own luck of being first in line instead of letting the lazy dealer book and screw up my booking priority. This is all based on the assumption that TATA honors priority by booking time.

My booking confirmation happened at 12:12 PM and might be among the first few booking since the website was virtually dead until then. Again assuming, dealers were not able to book before hand from their CRM or are able to manipulate priorities.

Is there an app or something that shows status of our booking for Tata? Sounds like many manufacturers have a customer connect app these days.
vj_v3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 12:41   #195
BHPian

Another question i had... Can the car be registered on a different family members' name or do i need to register against whatever name i gave during booking?

If there are constraints, i would rather pursue tata to change the name now itself i guess.

I am assuming this is something to tackle at the dealer level and ideally they should not have a problem doing this since many people might have issues with car loans etc and would want to get a loan against someone else in the family.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks