Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2022, 08:26   #121
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview

Interview: Tata Tiago EV targets 3 sets of customers. Are you in one of them?

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...889259161.html

Last edited by ajayc123 : 11th October 2022 at 08:28.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 08:51   #122
BHPian

TaMo’s new color stonehenge, someone there is really stoned

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-bb01dbe80cb74227afd810d69ae54d7c.jpeg
Old 11th October 2022, 11:51   #123
Senior - BHPian

Over 10,000 Tata Tiago EVs booked in a single day

Tata Motors opened the order books for the Tiago EV on October 10. The company now claims to have received over 10,000 bookings for the electric hatchback in a single day.

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-tata-tiago.ev_image-1.jpg

The Tiago EV was launched at an introductory price of Rs. 8.49 lakh (ex-showroom). The carmaker has now decided to extend the introductory pricing for an additional 10,000 customers.

The Tiago EV is available in four variants: XE, XT, XZ+ and XZ+ Tech LUX. The car comes with two battery options - a 19.2 kWh battery pack offering a maximum range of 250 km and a 24 kWh battery offering 315 km (MIDC) on a single charge.

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-tata-tiago.ev_image-2.jpg

As per the company, production of the 24 kWh variants has been prioritized. Deliveries will commence in January 2023.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 11th October 2022 at 11:52.
TusharK is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 12:04   #124
BHPian

Re: Over 10,000 Tata Tiago EVs booked in a single day

Official Press Release from Tata Motors.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-2a39de24a7f64528ad3135a0f5427af1.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 12:27   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
Finally got my payment done at 12.36pm. However, post payment, it did not redirect me to any post payment page and there's no email confirmation as well from Tata. Payment has been successful though. So, now i don't know what's the status of my booking.
Quote:
Same for me, only the payment gateway email from Razorpay. I have now sent an email to their customer support about it. Let's see what comes of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Tata Tiago.ev receives a blockbuster opening

• Stupendous customer response to Tiago.ev as it races past 10,000 bookings in 1 day

• Celebrating this achievement, Tata Motors extends introductory pricing for an additional 10,000 customers
I haven't received any email reply from Tata Motors yet. Nor have I received any confirmation. I'm not sure what i am supposed to be doing. Anyone here got a response from Tata for the issues they faced?
Old 11th October 2022, 12:45   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Tata Tiago.ev receives a blockbuster opening

• Stupendous customer response to Tiago.ev as it races past 10,000 bookings in 1 day

• Celebrating this achievement, Tata Motors extends introductory pricing for an additional 10,000 customers
It is good that everyone who had booked the car yesterday, and many more will get car at launch prices only. The sane response should have indicated to Tata Motors that the car is rightly priced and is not considered as "steal" unlike what happened in case of XUV7OO and Scorpio-N bookings. Lets hope that the sanity returns to the steeply upward mobile prices of the cars.
speed79 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 13:24   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile I just received the booking confirmation via email from Tata motors in my previous booking receipt it’s correctly mentioned as Daytona Grey but have no idea why they have mentioned my booked Color as TEABLU GLSBK in the email ,same is the case with my colleague as well.

Same here, i got 2 mails from Tata. First one was booking confirmation which had the correct color i booked.

2nd was "Congratulations on booking" email which came in an hour later and had the wrong color mentioned on it. Not sure what i messed up.

The dealership guys called, so i asked him to check the color and confirm. He said, i checked yesterday sir, everything was correct. Not sure, what correct he meant but didn't seem like i would be able to persuade him to check now on the phone. So, will check when i next visit the dealership later, no hurry.

He also asked for PAN, aadhaar etc., So i am guessing he is filling up the kyc form or something. So, i am hoping i will get an email again from TATA and will be able to see my booking details.

Anyone knows if there is a way to tracking booking etc somewhere? I think i read somewhere that there is some app and we should be able to track our booking a couple of days after they update kyc.
vj_v3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 13:56   #128
BHPian

Congratualtions Tata Motors!!! It surely is a blockbuster product already and apparently the most affordable EV that appeals masses ( a proper hatch ).

This poses an issue to existing EV owners as well - Come 2023, EV owners will struggle to find available Fast Chargers [ the network of which is already abysmal ].

IMO Tata ( Motors in collaboration with Power ), should take initiative to do significant expansion of the charger network - like how Tesla did with their supercharger network. If it's 50KW chargers, there will be demand for at-least 6-9 chargers per charging station.

The future is here and unfortunately our infra is not ready yet !!!
enj0y_ride is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 14:38   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
The future is here and unfortunately our infra is not ready yet !!!
So is the service network of Tata. Tata has grown leaps and bounds in new vehicle sales the last 3-4 years. But not the service network and ASS support and expertise. If Tata has to sustain this growth and success, both the above mentioned points must be addressed on a war foot basis.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 14:40   #130
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't received any email reply from Tata Motors yet. Nor have I received any confirmation. I'm not sure what i am supposed to be doing. Anyone here got a response from Tata for the issues they faced?
Same here. I just got a booking receipt from the dealer, that too after sending reminder to the Sales person. So far I have not received email from Tata that booking has been actually made in their system.
mohan41 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 15:20   #131
BHPian

Tiago. ev will mostly be charged at home and used in the city. Only a few enthusiasts may take it on highway runs. I doubt it will be a huge change to the demand at FCs.

But the service center will be a clear issue. Tata Motors service centers are already overwhelmed with vehicles. Wonder where TataMotors plans to service these 10k per month cars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sharathkamath04 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 15:45   #132
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathkamath04 View Post
Tiago. ev will mostly be charged at home and used in the city. Only a few enthusiasts may take it on highway runs. I doubt it will be a huge change to the demand at FCs.

But the service center will be a clear issue. Tata Motors service centers are already overwhelmed with vehicles. Wonder where TataMotors plans to service these 10k per month cars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What service. Its not like its needs regular oil/oil filter change, which is the primary reason IC vehicles are serviced. Not to mention other routine stuff like clutch, spark plugs, timing belts, fuel filter, air filter etc.

Last edited by aim120 : 11th October 2022 at 16:12.
aim120 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 16:00   #133
BHPian

Sadly we have to stand in the same queue as ICE vehicles for service. Separate service centers for EVs may be best with Tiago.ev into the picture. Can service a bigger number of EVs and surely will help build the Tata brand.

As per media reports, Tata Motors is working on this.

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...889259161.html

Last edited by Aditya : 13th October 2022 at 21:31. Reason: Typo
sharathkamath04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 16:40   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
What service. Its not like its needs regular oil/oil filter change, which is the primary reason IC vehicles are serviced. Not to mention other routine stuff like clutch, spark plugs, timing belts, fuel filter, air filter etc.
The formal service schedule which has to followed religiously for 8 years if we want Tata to honour the warranty!

Separate service center for EVs should be the next logical step given the success of Nexon EV and now Tiago EV and with 5 more EVs scheduled to launch in the next 2-3 years.
anshumandun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 16:54   #135
BHPian

My dealer still says that I will receive the email from TATA and the dealer cannot provide anything at all. So I have no reference number or anything yet. I've argued with them over phone but I think I'll need to visit to force them to provide some kind of confirmation. Just hope they've input the booking yesterday and not messed it up.
Jekyl87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks