Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 23:55   #3481
BHPian

@ Samurai
Rehaan didnt say that they are "abstract" or did he????

Anyhow, what I love about clicking those is the feel of the place i was at, my interaction with nature up so close, the sound of the trees hustling in the background, droplets of drizzle falling on me as i was waiting for the little creatures to come where I wanted them to come.... and my attempt was to capture that whole feel in my click, and the whole experience of looking for little things that we never usually see, it was so relaxing and i had complete detox!

I am not confident yet of using a DSLR, despite having a d80 at home.... Let me click away with the Sony P&S and then slowly shift to DSLR club..Its a slow learning curve I believe, when I am 40, maybe I will get slightly better at this job!

Abstract classes and solid classes, hehe good one.But i disagree, because I think art is never object oriented....its highly subject oriented.

@Rehaan
I am glad that you understand my language And coincidentally I am into music(vocal) too, and I get exactly what you were trying to put across.

@kaushik_s
@rippergeo
Thanks.

Regards,
TG.

Last edited by Torqueguru : 4th July 2008 at 23:58.
Old 5th July 2008, 00:17   #3482
BHPian

Some amateur photos.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc_2540.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-dscn5759.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-dscn4860.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-100_0512.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-dscn3555.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-dscn3602.jpg  

Old 5th July 2008, 00:40   #3483
BHPian

@jack33,
I liked that last click! Very fairly tale kinds! Did a little bit of photoshoping on it, sorry for not taking your permission friend!
The Official non-auto Image thread-untitled2.jpg
Regards,
TG.
Old 5th July 2008, 04:05   #3484
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Rehaan & RJ, I understand what you are saying, I too used to think like that. It is like shooting something vague and then try to give some abstract meaning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I didn't, it was Rehaan.

I think you are mistaken Samu. I didn't ever mention anything about the photos being abstract (infact i stay away from "abstract" discussions).

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
...In the first picture, bug is slightly out of focus and there is slightly more focus on the leaf.
I agree with you there, the out of focus bug is surely the first thing that detracts from the image IMO.

Quote:
In the second and third photos, backgrounds are distorting the image.
I disagree with you here, or rather do not understand why you say the backgrounds "distort" the image. I feel like they help the subject in all cases (the flower one is questionable though).

Anyway, im sure we can discuss this endlessly - but i'd rather not so lets get on with the show (of pics).

cya
R
Old 5th July 2008, 06:35   #3485
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
@ Samurai
Rehaan didnt say that they are "abstract" or did he????
When he interpreted your images, he implied it. Well, that is my opinion, you both are welcome to disagree.

Quote:
Anyhow, what I love about clicking those is the feel of the place i was at, my interaction with nature up so close, the sound of the trees hustling in the background, droplets of drizzle falling on me as i was waiting for the little creatures to come where I wanted them to come....
As long as you are enjoying your experience, which you are, you are in the right direction.

Quote:
Its a slow learning curve I believe, when I am 40, maybe I will get slightly better at this job!
I believe you might reach there much before 30, let alone 40. TG, Rehaan, I didn't have one tenth of exposure or experience you guys are having at your age. That way I envy you both.

Quote:
Abstract classes and solid classes, hehe good one.But i disagree, because I think art is never object oriented....its highly subject oriented.
After coding in C++ for long, I believe programming is an art too. Besides, OOP is nothing but imitation of real life, so is art. Of course, you are welcome to differ based on your understanding of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I think you are mistaken Samu. I didn't ever mention anything about the photos being abstract (infact i stay away from "abstract" discussions).
What is abstract Rehaan, when it tells bit more of a story than seen... to you it did. Of course, your idea of abstract may be different than mine.
Old 5th July 2008, 11:58   #3486
BHPian

@Samurai
"After coding in C++ for long, I believe programming is an art too. Besides, OOP is nothing but imitation of real life, so is art. Of course, you are welcome to differ based on your understanding of the same."

Hmmm, makes sense Pardon my ignorance.
Regards,
TG.
Old 5th July 2008, 12:44   #3487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

I disagree with you here, or rather do not understand why you say the backgrounds "distort" the image. I feel like they help the subject in all cases (the flower one is questionable though).

Anyway, im sure we can discuss this endlessly - but i'd rather not so lets get on with the show (of pics).

R
Rehan,
Agree with you on the not carrying this discussion endlessly.

Perhaps I should have said distracted instead of distorted. Have a look at the picture of honeybee and flower and also the next one, posted by jack33 the moment you see this picture, your attention is captured by those subjects, which didnt happen in the two afore mentioned pictures. I felt that this is an important parameter while judging a macro photo and hence my observations.

Anyway thanks for your comments, as they say in photography world, everybody can perceive the beauty in their own way and other people don't have necessarily agree with those views hence I am ok with your view point.
Old 5th July 2008, 12:48   #3488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack33 View Post
Some amateur photos.
jack33, nice photos dude. Especially the macros, you are surely not a amateur there.
Old 5th July 2008, 13:59   #3489
rippergeo

@jack33- where are those last two pics from? munnar? they look lovely!

here's this mornings sunrise, from kumbalangi bridge, cochin. gave up this morning's treadmill session for it, but I think it was totally worth it.

I've cut back on the PPing after recieving a few unfavourable reviews. Just contrast,saturation and exposure levels have been worked on.
I was shooting away madly, and only towards the last few photos on my 1GB card(which I filled in 1/2 hr) di I realise that I was shooting with the ISO set at 1600. which means almost 750mb and 20 mins of brilliant light wasted on extremely noisy shots. these 3 were the only decent ones I could get out of 1GB after I did the remaining shots at ISO 200.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-img_4493-tightcrop.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_4493-copy.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_4484-copy.jpg  

Old 5th July 2008, 14:10   #3490
Senior - BHPian

rippergeo nice shots man. Alas you really cant help mild $crew ups. So which side were you on Kumblangi or Perumbadappu ?
Old 5th July 2008, 14:14   #3491
rippergeo

I was on the bridge connecting the perumpadappu and kumbalangi. looking east obviously
problem is, I mildly screw up in some way or the other all the time.
another time, I forget that I've been fiddling with the camera, the day before, and I leave it in manual focus and use it as a point and shoot. one more beautiful sunset wasted.

Last edited by rippergeo : 5th July 2008 at 14:17.

Old 5th July 2008, 14:48   #3492
BHPian

damn nice shots you got there man. i lived in that area for so long and i have never witnessed anything as lovely! i realize that without PS things are way more demanding. like you have to really go for the perfect shots. but its good you are laying off it. because at times it does feel very un realistic.
Old 5th July 2008, 14:49   #3493
Senior - BHPian

One macro from my side
The Official non-auto Image thread-dscn5023.jpg
Old 6th July 2008, 00:15   #3494
BHPian

Quote:
jack33, nice photos dude. Especially the macros, you are surely not a amateur there.
Thanks man.I still don't know 80% of the D80.Those macro shots are with my old nikon p&s.But this thread is helping me learn a lot,guys more and more tips please.
@rippergeo,it was shot in vattavada,about 45 kms from Munnar.That dam is about 2000 ft above Vattavada , a 4wd climb for about 3.5 kms.Those shots of Kumbalangi are amazing and has got that pro feel to it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-dscn3526.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-dscn3528.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-dscn4360.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-dscn4951.jpg  

Last edited by jack33 : 6th July 2008 at 00:21. Reason: Add somthinge
Old 6th July 2008, 01:01   #3495
BHPian

@rippergeo
Man, nice clicks. That place is simply awesome, i am yet to catch a sunset there though.
@jack33
Were you using flash in ur macro shots?
Regards,
TG.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks