Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 18:29   #1801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
see jjmehta.com jjmehta.com eShop
Are they trust worthy? Also, is the price mentioned there a good price for the camera or should i go with the US one?
Old 19th October 2009, 18:53   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Are they trust worthy? Also, is the price mentioned there a good price for the camera or should i go with the US one?
It is both a popular brick and mortar as well as online shop. But I posted it since you just wanted an online store to check the Indian price and I have never bought from them.
Old 19th October 2009, 18:55   #1803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
The price quoted at jjmehta.com is with Bill & warranty, however I find their prices quite high.
Another site to check the price is: pixetra.com (here also the price is with B&W, but the price is reasonable).
Old 19th October 2009, 19:00   #1804
BHPian

Mobike, The 18-55Vr is a great lens and being af-s it should work with your d40, The non vr version works for sure and it is available too, but for the 1k premium the VR version is well worth it! If you are on a limited budget the 18-55vr is the best quality lens you can buy for around 7k! Check out the reviews, its optical quality is rated better than the 18-135 and more expensive kit/zoom lenses. Or even better try it out in person.
Which lens are you using presently?
Old 19th October 2009, 20:15   #1805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
The price quoted at jjmehta.com is with Bill & warranty, however I find their prices quite high.
Another site to check the price is: pixetra.com (here also the price is with B&W, but the price is reasonable).
But pixetra.com doesnt have 500D listed. They have listed the 450D though.
Old 19th October 2009, 20:22   #1806
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_m5_titus View Post
Mobike, The 18-55Vr is a great lens and being af-s it should work with your d40, The non vr version works for sure and it is available too, but for the 1k premium the VR version is well worth it! If you are on a limited budget the 18-55vr is the best quality lens you can buy for around 7k! Check out the reviews, its optical quality is rated better than the 18-135 and more expensive kit/zoom lenses. Or even better try it out in person.
Which lens are you using presently?

I am using the stock 18-55mm lens that come with Nikon D40x. I thought of upgrading to a better telephoto as i find the 3X zoom quite less but at the same time i dont want to spend lot of money as i hardly get time to use my camera.

So let me see, i'll decide between the 18mm-55mm VR lens/ Sigma 18mm-200mm/Sigma 18mm-105 VR lens
Old 19th October 2009, 20:53   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Though this might be OT, but I found the Cam/Lense bags of this guys really amazing, he had no backpack, and had both hands free with cam tucked in
Attachment 210692
OT, but i guess you clicked this guy in Leh on top of the Jap Gompa.. is that correct?
Old 22nd October 2009, 20:16   #1808
BHPian

Fuji Finepix S2000HD

One of my friend suggested me to buy Fuji fine pix S2000HD and he said it might cost max 16k. Please suggest if it is good or if there are better cameras from other brands than the model mentioned above . Budget is around 30k.
Old 22nd October 2009, 20:28   #1809
BHPian

UWA lens for 450D

I am in search of an ultra wide angle lens
I have 2 in considerastions
1. Used Canon 10-22mm - Getting it used from a photography forum member. Comes with extra hood, carrying case and UV filter. Outside warranty period $600
2. New Sigma 10-20mm - New from B&H With filter its about $510

Now all reviews say, Canon is definitely superior than Sigma. My only concern is, whether its advisable to buy used. New Canon is out of my budget as it costs $750 odd (plus hood, filter and case extra)

Please advise.
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:25   #1810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
OT, but i guess you clicked this guy in Leh on top of the Jap Gompa.. is that correct?
at Shanti Stupa, Leh , you were quite close
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:14   #1811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitaparadh View Post
I am in search of an ultra wide angle lens
I have 2 in considerastions
1. Used Canon 10-22mm - Getting it used from a photography forum member. Comes with extra hood, carrying case and UV filter. Outside warranty period $600
2. New Sigma 10-20mm - New from B&H With filter its about $510

Now all reviews say, Canon is definitely superior than Sigma. My only concern is, whether its advisable to buy used. New Canon is out of my budget as it costs $750 odd (plus hood, filter and case extra)

Please advise.
Both are good lenses, but there is a catch, that is, provided you get a good copy of the Sigma lens. I hope you are buying from a place where you can return the lens if it has some problems(mostly it's the bad right hand corner sharpness issue). Otherwise the Sigma is a real value for money and a very good lens.
And canon being a canon, is a wonderful lens, have been using it for sometime and it does return you every penny spent. I would say it's basically an L lens without the L sticker(and thanks to that the price is comparatively less). If the used lens is in very good condition with no fungus/humidity/scratches etc and not abused (check for focusing smoothness, zooming mechanism)then just go for it. Don't forget to check for focusing accuracy also.

BTW, guys, gifted myself a Canon 40D on birthday last week. ;-) This camera is an awesome piece of work for the price.
Old 23rd October 2009, 01:29   #1812
Senior - BHPian

Happy Belated Birthday Kaushik & Congrats on the Canon!!!!

Guys Im using an ancient Syncmaster 763 DFX and it has given away a couple of times.

Reason Im asking on this thread is primary use is to start going through my stock of RAW files and QC... if theres suggestions on the LCD/Flat screen thread already Id appreciate the links.

Need something cheap and best, dont plan on investing much for this. Any place to find used screens?
Old 23rd October 2009, 02:05   #1813
Senior - BHPian

Hey Anirudh, thanks for the wishes. I've been waiting for an upgrade for a long long time and what can be a better date then a Birthday;-)

If you are looking for a not so costly LCD panel then you can go for either BenQ or Viewsonic. But heard that viewsonic doesn't have very good service but one of friend is using it for a long time (and almost 10 hrs a day) and he hasn't found any issues with it. But it's a TN panel and not an IPS panel. But IPS panels were bit too costly few months back. Don't know the current scene though. Even I would look for people's answer here on this matter.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:07   #1814
Senior - BHPian

Help with price check

How much should a D40x with kit lens cost? , without bill
and D60 with kit lens without bill?
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:08   #1815
BHPian

Mostly decided on Sigma 10-20 NEW.
I find it risky to buy a lens from someone on forum that too for $600. Its a big amount to risk.
Mostly will go to B&H to check out the piece. If I buy in store I need to pay $40 odd tax, which I will save if I order online. But not sure, as forSigma, I need to see sample to sample variation :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks