Old 4th November 2009, 19:35   #1921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Wrong, 40D is not fully weather sealed.
Correct, only the battery cover adn shutter is weather sealed for 40D

Quote:
The Olympus E3 + 12-60mm is fully weather sealed, what is the Canon or Nikon equivalent?
Canon 7D+Canon 17-40mm f4 L will be the equivalent I think. Will cost around 1699$+715$ = 2414$.. So that means Olympus will be cheaper by 507$ or 23.8k almost. That's quite something. But I'm not sure if E3 and 7D are equivalent cameras but anyway that's another discussion altogether.

Grrrr. I so much wished that Canon give us a IS body instead of IS lens. But now let me find out some proof if lens IS is better than body IS he he.

Hey ITinspector, that Sigma sealing looks good and yesterday I was thinking about something like that if there can be any collapsible door made in the mount so that it'll close automatically when one changes the lens. Thereby avoiding dust or other stuff.
Old 4th November 2009, 20:02   #1922
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Canon 7D+Canon 17-40mm f4 L will be the equivalent I think. Will cost around 1699$+715$ = 2414$.. So that means Olympus will be cheaper by 507$ or 23.8k almost. That's quite something. But I'm not sure if E3 and 7D are equivalent cameras but anyway that's another discussion altogether.
Is 7D weather sealed? Better check it. Even the lens is not comparable. 17-40mm is 27.2-64mm EFL, no comparison to 24-120mm EFL of Olympus.
Old 4th November 2009, 20:10   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Grrrr. I so much wished that Canon give us a IS body instead of IS lens. But now let me find out some proof if lens IS is better than body IS he he.

Hey ITinspector, that Sigma sealing looks good and yesterday I was thinking about something like that if there can be any collapsible door made in the mount so that it'll close automatically when one changes the lens. Thereby avoiding dust or other stuff.
I am so going to get both flamed and hated for this comment. In-Lens IS is better than In-Body IS. Point being In-Lens IS, floating element needs to travel less AND it can be adjusted for angular IS too.

Also more than one floating element can be used to provide better IS capability, i.e. Nikon VR2. Also for better performance a mixture of In-Body and In-Lens Is can be utilised.

For example Nikon 70-200mm + D3 + Camera Gyro. "Camera Gyro" or "Gyro Stabliser" or "Gyro" or "Gyroscope" or "Gyroscpic wheel" consists of 2/3/4 motors with flywheels which spin at upto 20,000rpm. by putting these motors in one solid enclosure we achieve a single result, a platform that resists movement in any direction even turning. Here`s an example or both individual product and use with 2 of them.

The DSLR Thread-ks_8_6_gyro_product_sm.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
The DSLR Thread-3683436592_dfa014d5c9.jpg  

Old 4th November 2009, 20:18   #1924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is 7D weather sealed? Better check it. Even the lens is not comparable. 17-40mm is 27.2-64mm EFL, no comparison to 24-120mm EFL of Olympus.
Yup, 7D is weather sealed, to the level of 1N, that's what the specs says. Can someone confirm this?
Ummm as far as I know 17-40mm is one of the best and cheap(comparatively) L lens from Canon stable with remarkable IQ. Or are you talking about the reach of the lens? In that case we'll have to add another 300$ for the 24-105mm lens, the best of the lot. But if we are comparing similar lenses then camera also should be similar and hence, well we are out of equivalent camera from Olympus as of now I guess.
Old 4th November 2009, 21:11   #1925
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_inspector View Post
as the original RAW file is a little over 50mb while JPEG is around 28mb.
Which camera is this?
Old 4th November 2009, 21:26   #1926
BHPian

Pentax K-x

hi all,

Does anybody know if the "Pentax K-x" is available in Banglore and what is the price.
I googled, but could not find the information.

PENTAX K-x A High-Performance Entry-Class Digital SLR Camera, Packaging Movie Recording, High-Speed Continuous Shooting and User-Friendly Operation in Compact, Lightweight Body
Attached Thumbnails
The DSLR Thread-pentaxkx1.jpg  

Old 4th November 2009, 21:46   #1927
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ummm as far as I know 17-40mm is one of the best and cheap(comparatively) L lens from Canon stable with remarkable IQ. Or are you talking about the reach of the lens?
Yes, the 12-60mm F2.8-4 has better wide end and better tele end. Also, it has higher rating than 17-40mm if it means anything.

Olympus Lens: Zooms - Olympus 12-60mm f/2.8-4 ED SWD Zuiko Digital (Tested) - SLRgear.com!
Canon Lens: Zooms - Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM (Tested) - SLRgear.com!

Quote:
But if we are comparing similar lenses then camera also should be similar and hence, well we are out of equivalent camera from Olympus as of now I guess.
Well, you decided to compare the latest Canon body with 2 year old Olympus body. You are welcome to pick any other older Canon weather sealed body.

Last edited by Samurai : 4th November 2009 at 21:49.
Old 4th November 2009, 21:49   #1928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, you decided to compare the latest Canon body with 2 year old Olympus body. You are welcome to pick any other older Canon weather sealed body.
he he I know that I anyway can't win this debate. Only hoping for canon to get a 60D in a weather sealed body
Old 5th November 2009, 02:27   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Which camera is this?
D3x uncompressed 14bit RAW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
hi all,

Does anybody know if the "Pentax K-x" is available in Banglore and what is the price.
I googled, but could not find the information.

PENTAX K-x A High-Performance Entry-Class Digital SLR Camera, Packaging Movie Recording, High-Speed Continuous Shooting and User-Friendly Operation in Compact, Lightweight Body
These are the colors Japan consumers will get when ordering K-X.
Attached Thumbnails
The DSLR Thread-fea5_img03.jpg  

Old 5th November 2009, 09:26   #1930
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is there something I'm missing here?

14-bit RAW+JPG combination shouldn't be more than 30-32 MB. Again for a loss less 14-bit RAW file cannot be bigger than 25-26 MB.
Old 5th November 2009, 09:40   #1931
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hmm, you have the camera that even Hitler refused to buy?

Old 5th November 2009, 10:33   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Is there something I'm missing here?

14-bit RAW+JPG combination shouldn't be more than 30-32 MB. Again for a loss less 14-bit RAW file cannot be bigger than 25-26 MB.
Depends a lot on the colors.

Its explained in more details here (save me time).

I have gotten 10-20mb files from D3 and D700, so i guess it isn`t a big surprise.

Quote:
Hmm, you have the camera that even Hitler refused to buy?

Just the name Ken Rockwell, should tell you that its a TROLL

Only real issue that i have seen is Capture NX2, it needs a massive redesign otherwise all is good in Nikon camp

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th November 2009 at 11:33. Reason: 2 smilies per post and avoid quoting U tube links, readability issue for mobile users. thanks
Old 5th November 2009, 11:19   #1933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Depends a lot on the colors.

Only real issue that i have seen is Capture NX2, it needs a massive redesign otherwise all is good in Nikon camp
Agree and it should be free. I think everyone except Nikon provides a good RAW convertor for free.
Old 5th November 2009, 11:34   #1934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Agree and it should be free. I think everyone except Nikon provides a good RAW convertor for free.
Actually its no the price. For a pro who spent $13,000 on D3x, few hundred on Capture NX isn`t an issue.

Fact is that even after spending money on Capture NX2 we really don`t get much benefit out of it, except batch NEF conversions. In comparison to Canon side/Adobe Lightroom and Capture One, Capture NX2 is in one word, PATHETIC.

Almost all of the photo-togs i know use Adobe Lightroom for conversion and managing of files/folders (catalogue).
Old 5th November 2009, 12:02   #1935
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Actually its no the price. For a pro who spent $13,000 on D3x, few hundred on Capture NX isn`t an issue.
Huh! D3x came out with a price tag of $8000, are you talking Singapore dollars?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks