Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2011, 06:19   #6931
Senior - BHPian

Re: The DSLR Thread

Amitk26,

I am sorry you are rather mistaken on the 550D - it has a better sensor and high ISO than the 500D, which itself is worse than the 450D. How would I know? because i've been saddled with a 500D for 1.5 years now
Old 6th April 2011, 10:27   #6932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Amitk26,

I am sorry you are rather mistaken on the 550D - it has a better sensor and high ISO than the 500D, which itself is worse than the 450D. How would I know? because i've been saddled with a 500D for 1.5 years now
Phamilyman we were not discussing sensors but the features offered.
Yes I know the 550D has low noise 18MP sensor and 1080P recording , 550D has an advantage between ISO1600 to ISO3200 but below 1600ISO the noise curve is better for 500D you can check at DXO whereas 600D has an articulating LCD + same low noise sensor + master-mode flash + Basic+ mode

So I think the feature difference between 500D and 550D is razor thin and 600D is the major one as it introduces master mode flash which oblivates need to buy a 580EX.
All 3 500D/550D/600D have same 9 point AF with just the center point being a cross AF point and 63 zone metering so no major change in the feature which matters most.

Similarly 1100D has less MP sensor and missing spot metering and only 720P recording but rest everything as 500D , The advantage of 500D , 550D ,60D for video over 1100D/600D and 7D in respective price segment is due to magic lantern software and not due to canon firmware.

I believe that there is always more to camera body then just sensor which is often given more attention then it deserves.

Last edited by amitk26 : 6th April 2011 at 10:29.
Old 6th April 2011, 10:48   #6933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Shaju I wear tight jeans so doesn't fit my pocket......my handycam has already lost the resale value so it is adorning the cupboard.
Amit you should wear white Dhotti when you want to shoot video, so you can make use of the pockets of the 'lined' inner wear, have it stitched customised with more front and back pockets . Same situation with my handycam too (Panasonic NV GS 150 mini DV cam). It was advertised few months back and someone responded telling that he will pick up provided I give half a dozen tapes FREE !!

Ok, let me share an info forwarded to me by Dileep, I dont know how true this is, but its very tempting to look at. Some brand new price examples from the site:

D700 body around 35k (MRP above 1.25 lakh)
D90 body around 21k (MRP above 40k)
1 Ds MIII body around 74k
Nikon 14-24 f/2.8G around 25k (MRP around 1 lakh)
Nikon 70-200 f/2.8G around 24k (MRP around 1 lakh)
Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L USM around 21k

Ok, not taking your breath away, here is the link www.peakses168.com

If anyone has buying experience from here, please share your thoughts. I mailed them yesterday, yet to get a response. If the deal is genuine, I might pick up a D700 body, 14-24 f/2.8G, 24-70 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8G all within 1 lakh. Oh NO it can not be true
Old 6th April 2011, 10:57   #6934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Amit you should wear white Dhotti when you want to shoot video, so you can make use of the pockets of the 'lined' inner wear, have it stitched customised with more front and back pockets .
Good suggestion but never worn one so I fear it will get untied at wrong times , Anyway I mostly wear shorts with multiple pockets quite useful for filters / caps and P&S so that is almost an inner-wear with pockets minus dhoti

Quote:
Ok, let me share an info forwarded to me by Dileep, I dont know how true this is, but its very tempting to look at. Some brand new price examples from the site:

D700 body around 35k (MRP above 1.25 lakh)
D90 body around 21k (MRP above 40k)
1 Ds MIII body around 74k
Nikon 14-24 f/2.8G around 25k (MRP around 1 lakh)
Nikon 70-200 f/2.8G around 24k (MRP around 1 lakh)
Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L USM around 21k

If anyone has buying experience from here, please share your thoughts. I mailed them yesterday, yet to get a response. If the deal is genuine, I might pick up a D700 body, 14-24 f/2.8G, 24-70 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8G all within 1 lakh. Oh NO it can not be true
Oh I think that 24-70 L USM is just the right thing for me specially when I am unable to source either 17-70 OS or 15-85 USM for last 4 weeks.

Is this for real ? And are they giving genuine stuff and not the duplicates. Check the Aliexpress thread I created at JJMF lots of duplicate Canon / Nikon lenses are there.

Last edited by amitk26 : 6th April 2011 at 10:59.
Old 6th April 2011, 11:13   #6935
BHPian

Quote:

The site looks like a fake. They are selling a Kawasaki Ninja 500R superbike for $1900 and are ready to deliver it via DHL! -- 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 500R-Motorcycles-www.peakses168.com
Old 6th April 2011, 11:36   #6936
BHPian

Quote:

Ok, let me share an info forwarded to me by Dileep,

I
Dear Shaju,

This is a spam mail i encountered through my gmail account. Apparently this group has hacked and used my gmail account to advertise their link to all my contacts. Kindly Ignore this. Looks and sounds risky.

Im sorry for this

No one can offer those prices.

Last edited by redrage : 6th April 2011 at 11:38.
Old 6th April 2011, 12:34   #6937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
......Apparently this group has hacked and used my gmail account to advertise their link to all my contacts. Kindly Ignore this. Looks and sounds risky.
Dear, I read your mail as a lottery won by me I can imagine everyone in your contact list would have jumped up and ordered some stuff already. They responded to my mail also, telling they would prefer to have me as a life-time customer etc. Site looks neat and professional, in the line of smartshoppers. But not a single address line nor direct contact numbers, which screams SPAM !!

Now who will risk few 100s to prove it to be spam, I dont have peace of mind until its proved !!!!
Old 6th April 2011, 12:43   #6938
Team-BHP Support

Guy please remember if something looks too good to be true it probably is.
Old 6th April 2011, 14:40   #6939
BHPian

I have tested my Canon 1100D yesterday evening. When I attached my 16-35 EF lens, it refused to autofoucs the subject but re-attaching again it worked.

I found low light image is not as clear as compare to my 400D.

I thought, 1100D should be able to produce sharp JPEG image compare to my 400D, but it is the same, so I have to shoot in RAW only.

RAW files are 20 MB in size comapre to 10 MB of 400D

I recently bought Photoshop Element but the raw file from 1100D is not supported.

It solve the purpose of having HD movie recording facility in DSLR.

I did shoot 2 videos at 16mm and 35mm, my basic SD card was able to record video at 35mm but 16mm video was breaking while viewing on computer. I will have to buy high speed SD card, as suggested by 1100D manual.

I miss the Compact Flash card in 1100D, CF cards are faster compare to SD card.

Today I will compare my both bodies 400D and 1100D side by side for low light photography.
Old 6th April 2011, 17:50   #6940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
....Today I will compare my both bodies 400D and 1100D side by side for low light photography.
Pawan, start buying bodies and lenses and review them in video format. Very soon Canon will start sending you latest products for reviews, they will also allow you to keep them . Thats how we have many Ken Rockwells around us.
Old 6th April 2011, 22:32   #6941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....They responded to my mail also, telling they would prefer to have me as a life-time customer etc.
The last mail I received from the so called low price sellers in reply to my request to give some Indian customer details, so that I could call up and check their experience:

hello friend
Thank you for your letter. we are the honest seller please believe us. we have business licence, if we want to sell some goods, we must have it, because it's legitimate and accept protect with law.
Sorry About in customer information, this is our company's trade secret, ask forgive. while you receive the items, you know that with high quality, low price space, 100% original article, and very happy cooperation with us again.
We sincerely wait for you good news, because we want to have a more, long and happy cooperation with you!

We believe in long-term cooperation with our company because we view the future as bright.
thanks!

That means they dont believe in customer testimonials and confirms that its fake.
Old 6th April 2011, 22:37   #6942
BHPian

Quote:
The last mail I received from the so called low price sellers in reply to my request to give some Indian customer details, so that I could call up and check their experience:

hello friend
Thank you for your letter. we are the honest seller please believe us. we have business licence, if we want to sell some goods, we must have it, because it's legitimate and accept protect with law.
Sorry About in customer information, this is our company's trade secret, ask forgive. while you receive the items, you know that with high quality, low price space, 100% original article, and very happy cooperation with us again.
We sincerely wait for you good news, because we want to have a more, long and happy cooperation with you!

We believe in long-term cooperation with our company because we view the future as bright.
thanks!

That means they dont believe in customer testimonials and confirms that its fake.
The language used itself is a total give-away!! Anyway, I suggest you change your password immediately else your account too might get hacked.
Old 6th April 2011, 23:16   #6943
BHPian

Quote:

hello friend
=============
thanks!

Man, this is going to be tough for you to choose from. Looks like the guy needs to write more often to practice replying in grammatically correct English.
Old 7th April 2011, 03:30   #6944
BHPian

Quote:
Thats how we have many Ken Rockwells around us.
Ken Rockwell is more of a Nikon-ist at his heart. He is not regarded as the best by devout Canon fans. Bob Atkins is one who holds the Canon bastion.

Really speaking, I like to go by some neutral sources than these gentlemen. my preferred sites are dpreview, lenstip.com and occasionally photozone.de

Prefer lenstip over photozone because the MTF charts and a lot of other analysis work are done on RAW files by lenstip.

Cheers
Prasad
Old 7th April 2011, 05:51   #6945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I believe that there is always more to camera body then just sensor which is often given more attention then it deserves.
I wish life was so simple. My 500D night shots speak a different tune from the 450D levels I've seen. But to each, their own pride, their own misery!

Most Viewed