Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2011, 14:43   #7306
Team-BHP Support

Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Here is my new DSLR! Kiss X4/550D/Rebel T2i
In case you are wondering what to do with the cover that covers the lens mount onthe body and the cover that protects the back of the lens; guess what! You can screw them together. The box so created is perfect for ipod headphones.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 14:46   #7307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
In case you are wondering what to do with the cover that covers the lens mount onthe body and the cover that protects the back of the lens; guess what! You can screw them together. The box so created is perfect for ipod headphones.
+1 Already did that. Thanks. Makes for a good storage
Old 5th May 2011, 18:42   #7308
BHPian

Re: Suggestions on a snap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Nope. You have to see the actual amount of light entering the lens. 30 seconds of exposure can be though of as equivalent to a short exposure of a bright light source.

See this picture
Attachment 540350
30 seconds exposure ISO 400 F5.0 with kit lens.
That is one amazing picture!

I believe a 30sec exposure needs a tripod. So which one do you have? Because even I'm looking at getting one
Old 5th May 2011, 18:49   #7309
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions on a snap

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
That is one amazing picture!

I believe a 30sec exposure needs a tripod. So which one do you have? Because even I'm looking at getting one
I have a Vivtar Tripod, It think model 1200 or something.
Old 6th May 2011, 00:22   #7310
Senior - BHPian

SPAM from Canon Edge?

I just got some 5 mails from Canon Edge (spelled Canan in some mails) thanking me for registering a product. And I haven't registered any canon product in the last 6 months. Anyone else got these?

Quote:
from Canon Admin admin@canonedge.com
to myEmailID
date Thu, May 5, 2011 at 8:22 PM
subject Canon - User registration Confirmation .

Dear Jaguar

Thank you for showing interest in Canon Products and Services.

We have registered you as a valuable member with our Canon Edge Community. Your login details are as follows :

Username : myEmailID
Password : abcdef
By become a member at Canon Edge, you now have access to the following features :

- You can register your Canon Products for Warranty
- Get regular newsletter updates
- Participate in various Contests and Win Prizes
- Know about new product launches
- Know about various Promotional Offers

... and much more

We are excited to have you as a Member with Canon Edge and hope you would enjoy your experience as a Canon Edge Member

- Canon Edge Team
Old 6th May 2011, 11:50   #7311

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post
You can try in zoomin.com.
This site gives best rates + lots of goodies like free prints, photo books, discounts on large prints etc.

Flipkart is also good in pricing. You might actually check for Canon 550D which comes with better video capabilities - price below 36k with kit in zoomin
Error)

BTW, I recently picked my Nikon DSLR from Zoomin

Post your pictures anyway Arun.
Vignesh, I too enquired about canaon 550D model in gkvale, reliance and other outlets in bangalore . I got a minumum quote of 37k. Ebay & flipkart doesnt have stock. So finally ordered in zoomin for 35490 /- . How much time did it take for you to get your nikon from zoomin ?

I had very good experience with zoomin earlier when i ordered products like flipbooks ,Coffee mugs and metallic photo prints. I hope to see the same professionalism in shipping my camera also.
Old 6th May 2011, 13:30   #7312
Senior - BHPian

Urgent Help Required !!!

Do we have any DSLR team-bhpians from Ahmedabad ?
I am almost fixing a deal with a seller (used body and lens) there and would love to have any of our members here to personally inspect the stuff. Already paid the token advance and its not a small amount in total. Guys, please let me know through here or PM. Thanks and regards.
Old 7th May 2011, 06:56   #7313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muthyala.raja View Post
Vignesh, I too enquired about canaon 550D model in gkvale, reliance and other outlets in bangalore . I got a minumum quote of 37k. Ebay & flipkart doesnt have stock. So finally ordered in zoomin for 35490 /- . How much time did it take for you to get your nikon from zoomin ?

I had very good experience with zoomin earlier when i ordered products like flipbooks ,Coffee mugs and metallic photo prints. I hope to see the same professionalism in shipping my camera also.
Congrats on your new buy, Muthyalya ! My cam got shipped thru Fedex & reached within 4 days. You would have received a shipment no which you can use to track the movement. I can understand your excitement hurry ! Do post your pics.
vigneshnr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2011, 08:51   #7314

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post
Congrats on your new buy, Muthyalya ! My cam got shipped thru Fedex & reached within 4 days. You would have received a shipment no which you can use to track the movement. I can understand your excitement hurry ! Do post your pics.
Thanks vignesh.Zoomin has also offered the following for the purchase.
* 100 Free 4" x 6" sized prints
* 100 Free 5" x 7" sized prints
* 2 Free 8.5" x 11" sized Flipbooks
* 1 Free 8" x 8" sized HardCover Photobook
* 50% off on a Canvas Print
* 6 Free Shipping Vouchers

Indeed these are offered for all purchases costing more than 5k. Did you avail any of these ? Actually, only after seeing the above i was convinced to pay that price.Yes i got the shipment number today. Now i am sure i will get it by monday
Old 7th May 2011, 10:58   #7315
Senior - BHPian

A quick question. I want to buy lenses now, since I have explored the 18-55 to a great extent.

Firstly is the 55 mm 1.8 IS Canon Prime Lense really good ? Worth the money ? I can get it here for 89 pounds

Secondly a zoom lens, which one would it be ?

Is 55-250 canon IS, good in terms of quality and sharpness ? Can this be a walkaround lens which gives quality and sharpness too ?

Thirdly between 70-300 and 55-250, which one is a better lens. My main concern is sharpness, good bokeh and fast autofocus.

Thanks in Advance
Old 7th May 2011, 14:09   #7316
Senior - BHPian

The 50 1.8 and 55-250 are the best entry level lenses you can buy.

The 55-250 can never be a walk-around lens though. 55mm is not wide enough for most situations.

Now the 70-300 vs 55-250 has been discussed many times in this thread itself and the 55-250 wins hands down.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2011, 18:08   #7317
Senior - BHPian

Nikon D3100 vs Canon 550D

Folks am almost decided on one of the above, Nikon is cheaper and seems like a better choice to me but want to consider 550aswell as it few thousand away from D3100.

I intend to keep this camera for long and would be interested in trying out all forms of photography going forward.

btw zoomin seems like is giving the best deal, i may pick from them?

So all Experts to guide me

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by lohithrao : 7th May 2011 at 18:09.
Old 7th May 2011, 18:15   #7318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Nikon D3100 vs Canon 550D

Folks am almost decided on one of the above, Nikon is cheaper and seems like a better choice to me but want to consider 550aswell as it few thousand away from D3100.

I intend to keep this camera for long and would be interested in trying out all forms of photography going forward.

btw zoomin seems like is giving the best deal, i may pick from them?

So all Experts to guide me

Thanks in advance!
If you are going to keep it a long time, go for the D5100. Please read the online reviews to get detailed specifications. If I am not wrong both these cameras are within a few thousand rupees of each other.
Old 8th May 2011, 06:51   #7319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muthyala.raja View Post
Thanks vignesh.Zoomin has also offered the following for the purchase.
* 100 Free 4" x 6" sized prints
* 100 Free 5" x 7" sized prints
* 2 Free 8.5" x 11" sized Flipbooks
* 1 Free 8" x 8" sized HardCover Photobook
* 50% off on a Canvas Print
* 6 Free Shipping Vouchers

Indeed these are offered for all purchases costing more than 5k. Did you avail any of these ? Actually, only after seeing the above i was convinced to pay that price.Yes i got the shipment number today. Now i am sure i will get it by monday
I have previous experience with zoomin for prints - Good prints. I have not redeemed my coupons yet. I have take time off to select pictures.. ha ha ! BTW Their canvas prints are very neat.
Old 8th May 2011, 11:23   #7320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
A quick question. I want to buy lenses now, since I have explored the 18-55 to a great extent.

Firstly is the 55 mm 1.8 IS Canon Prime Lense really good ? Worth the money ? I can get it here for 89 pounds

Secondly a zoom lens, which one would it be ?

Is 55-250 canon IS, good in terms of quality and sharpness ? Can this be a walkaround lens which gives quality and sharpness too ?

Thirdly between 70-300 and 55-250, which one is a better lens. My main concern is sharpness, good bokeh and fast autofocus.

Thanks in Advance
I just got myself a 50mm f1.8 recently. Pretty happy with the results. I don't think there is a better option for the price.

Regarding the 55-250, it's again a nice lens for the price. It's definitely not a walk-around lens though. That would be something like 18-xxx sort of lenses. You could do away with your kit lens then.
ajman28 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks