Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2009, 19:34   #2446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
this is the best deal in Japan, very reliable site, I myself bought stuff from this site. Though you will need a little Japanese language help,

価格.com - CANON EOS Kiss X3 ダブルズームキット 価格比較

Looks damn cool. Do they have a store in Tokyo or is it online only?

Are they like Amazon/eBay or do they sell on their own?
Old 6th December 2009, 19:39   #2447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Looks damn cool. Do they have a store in Tokyo or is it online only?

Are they like Amazon/eBay or do they sell on their own?
I don't think they have store, they are like Ebay, but high on reliability, also you can check the seller status.

BTW for this deal, I took a Japanese friends help to check this deal and she suggested as very reliable deal. She bought her Sony Alpha A700 from this site, last year, I bought some other misc stuff
Old 6th December 2009, 19:48   #2448
BHPian

Quote:

Retail price for Nikon D3000 has been reduced to 32K, with bill and warranty, saw it on TOI yesterday
It is only Rs.28990/- with kit VR lens, 2 Years from Nikon India Warranty ,UV filter, Nikon bag and 4GB SD card from jjmehta's site now!
Old 7th December 2009, 10:43   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_m5_titus View Post
Jacksparrow, If you like the swivel screen, good grip and dont mind the restricition of AF to a few lenses then you can opt for the D5000. It has good optics.
The T1i is an excellent cam, its got better HD video rec(if thats important for you) but lacks the chunky grip of the Nikon.
Thank you. I might go for Canon T1i, I love the swivel screen but AF restriction is too much to ignore.
Old 7th December 2009, 10:54   #2450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
Thank you. I might go for Canon T1i, I love the swivel screen but AF restriction is too much to ignore.
AF restriction is not really a problem if you stick to kit lenses and other newer AFS lenses or even newer third party lenses.

Last edited by Sankar : 7th December 2009 at 11:05.
Old 7th December 2009, 10:56   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
I might not be the person to compare these two, but in case you swing towards Nikon D5000, I can help to understand it
Thanks for offering your help. Will let you know if I go for D5000.

Last edited by JackSparrow : 7th December 2009 at 10:58.
Old 7th December 2009, 12:54   #2452
BHPian

Had been to a family function yesterday. I saw a cameraman using a sony DLSR in which the whole body could be tilted. I had seen tilting screen where the body and the lens will be in the same position. In this case the whole body could be tilted keeping the lens in the same position. I could not ask the model cos of crowd, but i could make it out that it was a sony by looking at the strap.
Does anyone have any idea which camera is this?

Last edited by livyodream : 7th December 2009 at 12:56.
Old 7th December 2009, 13:04   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Had been to a family function yesterday. I saw a cameraman using a sony DLSR in which the whole body could be tilted. I had seen tilting screen where the body and the lens will be in the same position. In this case the whole body could be tilted keeping the lens in the same position. I could not ask the model cos of crowd, but i could make it out that it was a sony by looking at the strap.
Does anyone have any idea which camera is this?
He could be using a Lensbaby or a view camera adapter. But no point doing a photo shoot with a view camera. Could be a Lensbaby easily.

Cheers
Old 7th December 2009, 13:19   #2454
Team-BHP Support

It could be Sony Cybershot DSC-F828, which can tilt the lens and almost look like dSLR.
Old 7th December 2009, 13:38   #2455
BHPian

Dear All;

I have decided (almost) on Canon 500D with kit lens as my first DSLR.
The price offered here in Noida are:
1) Approx 49 K with Bill and warranty
2) Approx 36 K without bill (They will source it from Chandani Chowk area)

Now one of my acquittance is going to US and my questions are:

1) Should I ever think of getting DSLR from states.
2) Is getting DSLR from states is equivalent to buying from Chandni chowk considering no warranty would be available to me here in India
3) How much money can I save if I go this way
4) What should the process (since I never asked anybody to get something from me) This is what I assume pls correct me if wrong
a) I need to visit a reputed online retailer (any suggestions ?), complete my purchase through my credit card(Is my card valid?), get shipment couriered to friend's hotel and he while coming back can get this along.( Is he allowed to bring this using green channel; I am not sure about duty aspect at airport, if duty is payable then how much and how will it effect the overall financial)

5) What if article delivered is defective?

Looking forward to quick answers and thanking you all for reading and replying to this post.

Last edited by sparkguy : 7th December 2009 at 13:42.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:20   #2456
BHPian

@sparkguy, even I thought of getting a DSLR from one of my friends traveling to the US. However, I found that the US prices are roughly equivalent to the Grey market prices here in India. Anyways, we won't get warranty if the product is purchased in the US. At least we get "vendor warranty" if we purchase it here in India.

The process would be as you have described, order online using your CC. Mention billing address as your Indian address and shipping address as the US address. I have done this at amazon and had no trouble.

Usually my friends, while bringing the item remove all boxes and bring in the item in an open condition. They haven't faced any problems with customs so far, nor were any duties paid.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:22   #2457
Senior - BHPian

Hi, find my replies in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Dear All;

Yes you should think if you have someone to bring it over.

2) Is getting DSLR from states is equivalent to buying from Chandni chowk considering no warranty would be available to me here in India
If you buy from here the dealer might give you shop warranty. If bought from US you'll have std manufacturer warranty but it won't be valid in India. You can buy a Mack cam Intnl warranty, but its real world usefullness in India is not very clear.

Depends on the deal you get. Now is a good time to buy from US.

4) What should the process (since I never asked anybody to get something from me) This is what I assume pls correct me if wrong
a) I need to visit a reputed online retailer (any suggestions ?),
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera, bhphotovideo.com, amazon.com
I recently bought a cam from adorama.

complete my purchase through my credit card(Is my card valid?),
Yes if its an Intnl card you can use it. Adorama will take the payment through paypal or directly. Amazon will take the payment from the card directly.

get shipment couriered to friend's hotel and he while coming back can get this along.( Is he allowed to bring this using green channel;
One camera is not a problem and often people sneak in two cams.

I am not sure about duty aspect at airport, if duty is payable then how much and how will it effect the overall financial)
Duty is 24%

You can ask your friend to check it when the camera reaches him. If found defective after the item reaches India you have two options. 1) send it back to US with someone going there to get it replaced or repaired 2) get it repaired from local A.S.S but you will have to pay for it.

Looking forward to quick answers and thanking you all for reading and replying to this post.

Last edited by Sankar : 7th December 2009 at 14:24.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:51   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Dear All;

a) I need to visit a reputed online retailer (any suggestions ?), complete my purchase through my credit card(Is my card valid?), get shipment couriered to friend's hotel and he while coming back can get this along.( Is he allowed to bring this using green channel; I am not sure about duty aspect at airport, if duty is payable then how much and how will it effect the overall financial)

Hi @sparkguy, I went through the same confusion of whether to get it from U.S / Hongkong. But where ever you get, if it is outside India, you are not going to have warranry.
I bought my 500D + 18-55 kit for 36k locally - Its grey obviously and seller smuggled it from Hongkong.
This way, you can feel it before you buy + I got seller warranty of 1 year. If there are any problems, he will get it serviced at service center for free for 1 year. Kind of peace of mind. This definitely you would not get when you get it from abroad.
If you personally buy it from abroad, you would use it immediately and you would also come to know if there are any problems and you can sort it out there. But if you are getting it online or some friend is going to purchase it - its different story and you have to take chances there.
Old 7th December 2009, 17:22   #2459
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, i am getting a new 18mm-55mm Nikkor VR lens that comes as kit lens on D60 for Rs.3500?

Is it a good deal?
Old 7th December 2009, 18:50   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
It could be Sony Cybershot DSC-F828, which can tilt the lens and almost look like dSLR.
Bingo !!! this is the one. Just pasted the name you told.
Isnt it a DLSR?? its has manual zooming lens too. looks really awesome BTW.

The DSLR Thread-frontview001.jpg

(got from google)

Most Viewed

Copyright ゥ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks