Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2012, 22:19   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Best game to me is uncharted. Unbelievable role play and graphics and each level takes the heck out of a player to find the right route and right stratergy. Its not the easiest of game that requires quick feet, quick fingers(rather) and has one amazing game play.

The next in line to me is GOD of WAR. Been a fan from PSP and in PS3 things just got brilliant.

Suggest some games that arent too complex but gives good game play. GT5 is good but its kinda taking sometime to get used to the way the car handles unlike a NFS.

\
Old 6th November 2012, 23:06   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
...Suggest some games...
Wanted some horror! and bought Resident-Evil-5 for my children, but I am the one who has to play it while my children watch it! (It is like a movie with a story-line and great graphics).

This is on a Laptop.

Last edited by manim : 6th November 2012 at 23:12.
Old 7th November 2012, 22:35   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Best game to me is uncharted. Unbelievable role play and graphics and each level takes the heck out of a player to find the right route and right stratergy.
I do accept the fact that Uncharted is one of the finest games but, how are you saying that? Its pretty easy and linear gameplay IMO. You really have to play games like Demon Souls and Dark souls which totally require the player's strategy.

Quote:
Suggest some games that arent too complex but gives good game play.
Dishonored, Bioshock 1 and 2. Both are some of the finest IMO. Dishonored, as per me, is the best game released in 2012. Do check it out. I bet you will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Also the dashboard view is better in Forza. But some of the tracks in GT5 are extremely high detailed, especially the Nurburgring track.GT6 seems to be a distant dream. It took almost 5 years for Kazunori Yamauchi and team to come out with GT5. So I'm not expecting GT6 in the near future.
I heard GT6 is coming in 2014 and its for PS4. Thats really a long wait.
Old 13th November 2012, 00:55   #1159
BHPian

Anybody here know whats the difference between GTV Academy edition and XL edition ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Well I am off gaming for a week now. I will wait and again try these things.
Have you sorted out your problems?
Old 13th November 2012, 10:31   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post

Have you sorted out your problems?
Yet to try my HDMI cable. I am busy playing Sports Champions 2. Might give your solution a try in the evening.
Old 16th November 2012, 13:08   #1161
BHPian

Team Fortress 2 (Orange box) is by far the best multiplayer game. I have been playing this for over four years in my 360 and am not bored yet.
Old 16th November 2012, 14:43   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartindboy View Post
Team Fortress 2 (Orange box) is by far the best multiplayer game. I have been playing this for over four years in my 360 and am not bored yet.
TF2 is really awesome, one of the all time best FPS's - but on PC not on consoles. They gave so much free stuff on PC's that the console version is far far behind. Plus its not free to play as well.
Old 17th November 2012, 12:15   #1163
BHPian

Not sure if its the right thread to ask this question. Nevertheless, has someone managed to get the Youtube app on a PS3 sold in India?
Old 17th November 2012, 13:23   #1164
BHPian

Which one for gaming?

The correct answer is: anyone.

Seriously, unless you are a big fan of a particular gaming franchise on a particular console (say, Legend of Zelda or God of War) there really is little to choose between the PS 3 and XBox 360.

Now if this thread had included the Wii (or Wii U), it would have offered a more interesting perspective, because unlike the PS 3 and XBox, which battle at a more "premium experience" segment, the Nintendo machines are aimed at a bit more younger and possibly more family-like experience. Which also makes their games a bit different to the ones you experience on higher end consoles (compare Super Mario with CoD for instance). That isn't to say there isn't any overlap but they are the exceptions rather than the norms.

The point being that a Nintendo fan would undoubtedly vote for a Nintendo machine if he's grown up on a staple of Zelda or Mario because they have a rich history behind the franchise.

The PS 3 and XBox 360, on the other hand, are more contemporary gaming experiences. They don't rely on exclusive licenses or franchises as much as Nintendo does. Many of the third-party games are available on both consoles, so it doesn't really matter which one you play games on, unless (and coming back to my first point) you really care about God of War on PS3 or Halo on the Xbox 360. And my guess is that people aren't really that invested in these franchises, because unlike the Mario's and Zelda's, these franchises don't really bring anything dramatically unique to the table that isn't available or replicated on the other console (sure, they won't be the same experience but at least they can get close).

I've owned a PS2, a Wii, a Gamecube and an Xbox 360 and I've enjoyed gaming on all of them. And on the PC too! Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Half-life are not available on the consoles, are they?
Old 17th November 2012, 15:42   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells
Not sure if its the right thread to ask this question. Nevertheless, has someone managed to get the Youtube app on a PS3 sold in India?
Since you asked, I checked and I didn't find on my ps3. Went into my channels and downloaded the app and got it. However mine was bought in the US.
Old 18th November 2012, 02:02   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartindboy View Post
Bought an orange-box last week. havent played yet though. It has no single-player campaign ?
Old 18th November 2012, 14:19   #1167
BHPian

Hi Guys,

So I borrowed Gran Turismo 5 from a colleague and played today for some time. I am getting a bit confused. There are 2 types of events - A-spec and B-spec. Initially I was told to start with B spec events - I though these would the easier races for beginners. But when I started a B spec race – I was not driving the car but I was issuing instructions to the driver. It felt pretty weird and boring. I then switched to A-spec event where I was actually driving the car. Why would one play B-spec event? Does it serve some special purpose there which I do not know?

I want to ask one more thing for PS3 – Now multiplayer has 2 things – one means playing online with other people at different places and the other involves playing with a friend with another controller at the same place. Do you require some code to play multiplayer online (i.e. over the internet/PSN)? So if I use the code for a game and give the game to somebody else to play, the other person will not be able to play it online over the internet?
Old 18th November 2012, 20:33   #1168
BHPian

Completed Uncharted 2 over the weekend. If you remember I had got the Uncharted Trilogy from Flipkart and have now completed UC1 and UC2. I have a confession to make: I am not sure why people say Uncharted 2 is a best game for PS3. Do not get me wrong – I admit it is a good game but after playing UC1 and immediately starting with UC2, I did not feel like I was playing a better game. Of course the graphics was much better, the settings were more interesting but gameplay wise it was pretty much the same. UC1 was much tougher and frustrating that UC2 – Note that I played “Easy” mode on UC1 and “Normal” on UC2 – so UC2 is much easier than UC1.

I do not know but I am not greatly impressed after playing UC2. Maybe I should not have played UC2 immediately after UC2. Just wanted to share this – If you have finished UC1 – Do not start with UC2 immediately – Start with some other game or take a break. Just my 2 cents.
Old 19th November 2012, 01:04   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

So I borrowed Gran Turismo 5 from a colleague and played today for some time. I am getting a bit confused. There are 2 types of events - A-spec and B-spec. Initially I was told to start with B spec events - I though these would the easier races for beginners. But when I started a B spec race – I was not driving the car but I was issuing instructions to the driver. It felt pretty weird and boring. I then switched to A-spec event where I was actually driving the car. Why would one play B-spec event? Does it serve some special purpose there which I do not know?

I want to ask one more thing for PS3 – Now multiplayer has 2 things – one means playing online with other people at different places and the other involves playing with a friend with another controller at the same place. Do you require some code to play multiplayer online (i.e. over the internet/PSN)? So if I use the code for a game and give the game to somebody else to play, the other person will not be able to play it online over the internet?
B- Spec events are played to get good cars as when you win in B-spec there are very good cars you can get. You can google which cars you win in b-spec and play accordingly.
Old 19th November 2012, 01:41   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Do you require some code to play multiplayer online (i.e. over the internet/PSN)? So if I use the code for a game and give the game to somebody else to play, the other person will not be able to play it online over the internet?
Well, you need codes for certain games to play online or multiplayer. Some games like call of duty series dont have codes to play Multiplayer.Assassins creed etc have codes for playing MP. Codes, IMO, is simply a way to reduce/prevent used copy sale. For some games , codes are for getting a DLC or a game content from PSN. I guess you got platinum copies of UC1 and UC2 in the trilogy pack. The platinum copies wont get any codes. Only standard edition has codes, if any. Game of the year editions have all the DLCs included in the disk. So, try buying GOTY games over standard editions.

Quote:
I do not know but I am not greatly impressed after playing UC2. Maybe I should not have played UC2 immediately after UC2. Just wanted to share this – If you have finished UC1 – Do not start with UC2 immediately – Start with some other game or take a break. Just my 2 cents.
UC2 is a very good game actually. All uncharted games are good. Try to finish games on normal or hard modes. Easy will not make you that much into the game, IMO. But, i dont think UC2 is the best PS3 exclusive game. Kill-zone series have a very good rating as well. That said, UC2 is a very good game.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks