Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2019, 17:36   #181
mxx
BHPian

Re: Amazon Prime Video in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
I've read somewhere that Amazon and Google have put an end to their bickering for now, meaning Prime video is available on Chromecast. Any info on this?
Thats true. I have been using Prime app with chromecast since last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Offcourse, You can. I had been doing this for several months.
You just need a amazon account for registration. Prime is NOT necessary.
thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 21:50   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I noticed a strange thing on Prime...Spanish show called 'el juegos de las llaves'....episodes are unviewable.
So, checked what you are saying. Did a search and two options popped up. One with trailer only and the other had episodes, without trailer. Watched 1st and 8th episode, FFW, no problems encountered.

Do check if your wife's account is registered on Amazon's '.com' site and if yours and your friends are on '.in' site. Mine is on .com site so maybe that is the reason behind it.

Do let me know how it goes
Cheers
Old 17th September 2019, 11:39   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash86M View Post
Do check if your wife's account is registered on Amazon's '.com' site and if yours and your friends are on '.in' site. Mine is on .com site so maybe that is the reason behind it.

Super. This could be the only explanation to it. I, for sure was on .in ( till the subscription expiry on 15 Sept). Wife isn't sure where she created her's. Checked with my friend and he too is on .in
So the content varies as per registration? I knew that US,UK, India would have different content, but the region is selected as India in my wife's account too. Just can't distinguish what the difference is between the accounts. From the Amazon login page, can't make out any region settings. Everywhere it is India.
Old 21st October 2021, 21:47   #184
Senior - BHPian

Amazon Prime Membership Price in India to Be Hiked Up to 50 Percent ‘Very Soon’ : Link

Quote:
Amazon Prime in India is about to become costlier by up to 50 percent. As a result of the update, the annual Amazon Prime membership will be available at Rs. 1,499, up from the existing Rs. 999. The changes will also come into effect for the monthly and quarterly Amazon Prime membership plans in the country, the company confirmed to Gadgets 360. Amazon Prime brings early access to online sales as well as includes benefits such as Prime Video, Amazon Music, Prime Reading, and Prime Gaming.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 23:01   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Amazon Prime Membership Price in India to Be Hiked Up to 50 Percent ‘Very Soon’ : Link
Thanks for the update. Just renewed my prime subscription for one year. It expired a few days ago however was putting it off as planning to do it in the next order. Well thanks to you have one more year at 999.
Luke1972 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 06:11   #186
BHPian

My membership was expiring in a few days - Amazon had a banner message under the Amazon pay menu (on the website) saying they were going to increase the price to 1499 very soon. Renewed another year for 899

I suppose they had to do this considering the ever increasing cost of fuel. I wonder if this means that the minimum purchase amount to qualify for free shipping will also increase.
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:37   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
My membership was expiring in a few days - Renewed another year for 899
How early can one renew their membership? I have it until next Feb.
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:42   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
My membership was expiring in a few days - Amazon had a banner message under the Amazon pay menu (on the website) saying they were going to increase the price to 1499 very soon. Renewed another year for 899

I suppose they had to do this considering the ever increasing cost of fuel. I wonder if this means that the minimum purchase amount to qualify for free shipping will also increase.
You mean 999 I believe.
Mine is till June 2022 so maybe that's why I didn't see any such banner under Amazon pay.

Quote:
How early can one renew their membership? I have it until next Feb.
You can't. Only when it expires it is auto renewed or you can renew it yourself. There is no option to stack membership.
Old 22nd October 2021, 14:38   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
You mean 999 I believe.
Mine is till June 2022 so maybe that's why I didn't see any such banner under Amazon pay.
No, I mean 899. That was the price I paid last year too. If you renew before the due date, they charge 899 I believe.

Edit: including the screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Amazon Prime Video in India!-06c46e93e2b14b09978778c2489775e0.jpeg  

Last edited by pandey.jai : 22nd October 2021 at 14:46.
Old 22nd October 2021, 14:45   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
You mean 999 I believe.
This was available for all payment methods. I renewed couple of months back and this promotion was added to bring the price down to 899. The offer was valid if you renewed the membership before the due date.

Name:  Screenshot_2.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  19.2 KB
Old 10th November 2021, 08:42   #191
Senior - BHPian

They have opened up the Early Renewal Offer again but this time it is for ₹999. Just renewed and it stacks up the new subscription.

Amazon Prime Video in India!-prime_01.png
Offer Displayed to Renew

Amazon Prime Video in India!-amazon_prime.png
After Renewal

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 10th November 2021 at 08:45.
Old 10th November 2021, 11:27   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
They have opened up the Early Renewal Offer again but this time it is for ₹999. Just renewed and it stacks up the new subscription.
My term ends on 08/02 BUT the same is NOT offered for me.

When is the new prices getting effective on?
Old 10th November 2021, 17:50   #193
BHPian

i have decided not to renew prime this year - not finding any usage paying additional 1000Rs to them
Old 11th November 2021, 12:06   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
i have decided not to renew prime this year - not finding any usage
I am also thinking the same, once my membership expires. The newer content is not that great on PrimeVideo of late (maybe I have already seen most of the good ones). I also observe they have added several subscription based services like Lionsgate, Discovery+, etc. which is a tactical move, as

a) they also include search results from these services, and the "watch now" is blocked behind those subscriptions.

b) Even movies which were earlier included with Prime have been paywalled behind those subscriptions, like some Bengali movies behind a channel called "Hoichoi". So they want us to pay more than the already increased fee to watch them.

If the content was not paywalled after paying Rs. 1500, then that Rs. 125/ month was actually good deal. But spawning out several channels and putting existing videos behind them is not a customer friendly step. To compare with the "Netflix of Gaming", Microsoft Game Pass does not ask for further money to access EA Play.

Prime Music, on the other hand, is pretty good though I don't use much. And Kindle is anyway separate.

As for Prime Day, etc., it makes more sense to perhaps go for it on a monthly basis that time of the year, and that fee can easily be recovered if the offers are right.
Old 24th November 2021, 11:53   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When is the new prices getting effective on?
Not sure - but there was a banner today that shows that the offer ends on 13-Dec-2021.

Name:  Prime_Offer_End.png
Views: 128
Size:  46.4 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks