Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2017, 11:39   #91
BANNED

Re: Amazon Prime Video in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I unsubscribed from Amazon Prime membership here recently. I was auto-subscribed by Amazon last year, persisted with for The Grand Tour, and had long since observed that Amazon Prime content did not excite - barely ever used it. Besides, having Netflix, Amazon Prime, Free-to-air HD, and YouTube was definitely an overkill for a family that watches TV for a maximum of 1 hour in a week.
I never subscribed Amazon prime for streaming, the sole purpose is to get delivery preference from Amazon purchases . Yeah grand tour mania caught up latter though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
That is a neat idea. This way the chromecast can be put to use.
Yes cromecast too work. My tv has inbuilt google cast, so I use that feature. You can also stream Netflix movies also if it is downloadable and downloaded to your mobile device. I also have downloaded few stuffs for my kiddo in my mobile using youtube offline and saves a lot of data for me through casting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Could you please elaborate on the method you use for movies Rented/Purchased on iTunes and Google Play Movies ?

I dont mean the actual rental/purchase step, but the post download viewing steps to get it on your TV.

I have a Kodi HTPC setup + Amazon Fire TV stick, so can use either option.

Was wondering which method you use either to download and watch offline or stream the offline content to your HTPC device.

I believe currently download is possible only on mobile devices.
Sorry for creating confusion on my previous post. I didn't mean that you can cast google play movies to TV, they have a leak proof method to detect if you casting .

What I meant is that if you have cromecast or android tv or apple tv, or by any means have access to iTune or google play store in your TV, the best to get newer movie is by renting. The only issue, HD streaming drinks up DATA like a gas guzzler SUVs. I do have android TV, so have access to google play movies.

I am not sure, but it seems mhl cables and lighting cables in case of apple devices may workout. I have never tried them, planning to get a mhl cable sometime, will update if I get a break through.
Old 29th June 2017, 14:02   #92
BHPian

Guys has anyone tried to use the Amazon India account with Roku Box? I tried but I keep getting the US content and not Indian. Any fix?
Old 29th June 2017, 14:34   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Guys has anyone tried to use the Amazon India account with Roku Box? I tried but I keep getting the US content and not Indian. Any fix?
I too got US content only. Never managed to find a fix, left out eventually
Old 29th June 2017, 16:30   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I too got US content only. Never managed to find a fix, left out eventually
okay first of all the US Content is nothing special, the Indian looks much much better. And the Fire TV Stick is ridiculously priced - 4K ? I mean seriously?

Roku meanwhile is such a brilliantly made interface to use. I seriously wish there was a way.
Old 29th June 2017, 21:36   #95
BANNED

I have only 2mbps unlimited data connection, Does Amazon fire Tv stick support offline viewing of movies if one have amazon prime video membership?
If not, does Amazon fire tv stick supports offline viewing of movies with any of the following services like netflix,hotstar, erosNow, SunNxt etc?

Last edited by splitsecond : 29th June 2017 at 21:37.
Old 29th June 2017, 21:40   #96
Senior - BHPian

Amazon might be in the process of fixing the apps in Roku and other such media devices to stream Indian content instead of USA content. I recently observed the Prime video app in my Xbox One is streaming Indian content. Until few days ago it was showing only us content.
Old 1st July 2017, 14:43   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I too failed. A friend told me, I could spoof an American ip address either through a free service or a paid service and then use a friend's American Amazon account. I did not try - I get Netflix on my Roku and for both Netflix/Amazon Prime I use the Fire stick. There is no perceptible difference between either while streaming Netflix.

Quote:
okay first of all the US Content is nothing special, the Indian looks much much better. And the Fire TV Stick is ridiculously priced - 4K ? I mean seriously?

Roku meanwhile is such a brilliantly made interface to use. I seriously wish there was a way.
You get 500 back as Amazon Pay balance - so effectively the cost is 3500. Which isn't very far off from the $40 you spend it on the US site. I ordered the Roku from Amazon USA and paid $30 for the stick - I ordered it a week before Prime Video launched in India - so, that kind of sucked. You need not bother with the Amazon interface - just hit the mic button and say the name of the show. It recognizes Indian accents surprisingly well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
I have only 2mbps unlimited data connection, Does Amazon fire Tv stick support offline viewing of movies if one have amazon prime video membership?
If not, does Amazon fire tv stick supports offline viewing of movies with any of the following services like netflix,hotstar, erosNow, SunNxt etc?
Ideally, you can stream with a 4mbps connection; but a 2mbps connection might work if the connection is stable. I have not seen an option for offline viewing on the stick.

Last edited by noopster : 3rd July 2017 at 12:22. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 2nd July 2017, 11:36   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
You can stream without buffering on 2 mbps. I do that and haven't faced any issues.
Old 2nd July 2017, 12:09   #99

Guys, you can side load a lot of android apps and a lot of other stuff. I've managed to play NES games too on my AFT stick. Anyone successful in pairing the sony PS4 DS4 controller with it? I've tried almost everything but failed.
Old 2nd July 2017, 19:39   #100
BANNED

Anyone successfully used Amazon fire TV remote with Nvidia shield .My shield remote is dead and thinking to get Amazon fire TV remote .
Old 24th August 2017, 00:11   #101
BHPian

I'm thinking of getting a Fire TV Stick from US as a relative is visiting India and since it is about 1.4k cheaper there. Is there any difference between the Indian and the US version in terms of software?

Last edited by theredliner : 24th August 2017 at 00:13.
Old 24th August 2017, 00:36   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I'm thinking of getting a Fire TV Stick from US as a relative is visiting India and since it is about 1.4k cheaper there. Is there any difference between the Indian and the US version in terms of software?
Nope. There is absolutely no difference either in hardware or firmware (software). It should work fine for you.
Old 27th August 2017, 05:43   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I don't think there is any difference. Just make sure your amazon account is linked to amazon.in and not .com. Also, if you're a gamer get the official fire tv game controller from US. We don't get one in India and the other ones don't work on it anymore. You can even sideload emulators like retroarch for NES and many other platforms.
Old 27th August 2017, 14:31   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Nope. There is absolutely no difference either in hardware or firmware (software). It should work fine for you.
Thanks. Will be placing the order in a couple of days along with an Ethernet adapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajthere View Post
I don't think there is any difference. Just make sure your amazon account is linked to amazon.in and not .com. Also, if you're a gamer get the official fire tv game controller from US. We don't get one in India and the other ones don't work on it anymore. You can even sideload emulators like retroarch for NES and many other platforms.
Thanks. Will keep the account stuff in mind.

About gaming, yes I'm a gamer. Well, used to be at least and a hardcore one at that. Never liked Android gaming though. Used to play AAA titles on PC with an XBOX 360 controller connected. Even now that happens 2-3 times a month while the Logitech G27 which otherwise sees dust is connected once in 3-4 months. Don't think I'd try gaming on the Fire stick though.
Old 27th August 2017, 14:57   #105
BHPian

Pleasantly surprised to see Suits available (first 6 seasons) on Prime. It's easily amongst my most favourite shows of all time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks