Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2017, 08:42   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Amazon Prime Video in India!

I too have subscribed to Amazon Prime Video in India and currently in the free month and I see that they are adding content almost on a daily basis as there are new movies being added quite often (2-3 every week)

Is there a way to use Chromecast to flash the movies from a Kindle Fire or iPhone to a television?
Old 8th March 2017, 13:18   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I too have subscribed to Amazon Prime Video in India and currently in the free month and I see that they are adding content almost on a daily basis as there are new movies being added quite often (2-3 every week)

Is there a way to use Chromecast to flash the movies from a Kindle Fire or iPhone to a television?
I have used my Nexus pad to cast the Prime Video I am watching, to my TV using Chromecast.

There is a synch issue sometimes but a restart of the app helps sorts things.

It will be best if Prime Video app is supported on Chromecast though like YouTube.
Old 21st April 2017, 10:36   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazon has launched the Fire Stick in India at 3999 with a 499 discount in the form of points if you are a prime subscriber or opt for prime.

Link

From the reviews looks like it supports most of the other streaming apps also.
Old 21st April 2017, 11:07   #64
Senior - BHPian

Amazon Prime has been a disappointment. Though am regularly streaming movies, the catalogue update is long and far in between. Also, movies are pretty old and uninteresting.
The service till now is sort of a letdown.
Old 21st April 2017, 11:12   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Amazon has launched the Fire Stick in India at 3999 with a 499 discount in the form of points if you are a prime subscriber or opt for prime. From the reviews looks like it supports most of the other streaming apps also.
If I understand correctly this will help in streaming the Amazon Fire Content on to TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Amazon Prime has been a disappointment. Though am regularly streaming movies, the catalogue update is long and far in between. Also, movies are pretty old and uninteresting.
The service till now is sort of a letdown.
Agree to some extent but, since they just started in Dec'16, we need to give them some time to add more content. I personally watch mostly TV programs as movie collection is not that great

Btw, check out Person of Interest. A very interesting series
Old 21st April 2017, 11:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If I understand correctly this will help in streaming the Amazon Fire Content on to TV?
Will certainly check it out. Hopefully, they extend their portfolio quickly considering that the streaming has exponentially increased, thanks to super fast internet speeds.
Old 21st April 2017, 12:58   #67
BHPian

Have any of you watched "The Man In The High Castle". If yes how is it?
Old 21st April 2017, 14:03   #68
BHPian

For those getting the fire TV stick / box.
This andriod remote app is quite convenient when compared to the small remote that comes with it
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ng.client.aosp
Old 22nd April 2017, 09:47   #69
BHPian

Managed to install and set up Prime video on Roku. However, the contents are limited to US catalog. Most of the free options in India are available only for rent / purchase on US catalog. Seems like fire TV is the only way! Order placed On a side note, the USP of streaming sites like Netflix / Prime are their original series. They are exclusive and offer very high quality content. Grand tour on Prime, House of Cards / Narcos on Netflix etc
Old 22nd April 2017, 10:17   #70
Senior - BHPian

Besides the ease of streaming that the fire stick offers, does it actually give access to more content. I'm already a Amazon Prime member.
Right now I keep connecting my laptop to the TV for watching a movie on the big screen. Will Fire Stick give me more access to content that I would otherwise not be able to get via Amazon prime, free Hotstar account, etc.
Old 23rd April 2017, 11:34   #71
BHPian

Got the Amazon Fire stick yesterday and hooked it up to the home theatre set up, through the Denon 3313 AVR. Works beautifully. Sound quality is very good too. Amazon prime contains more regional movies than Netflix, but i believe that Netflix has more Hollywood content. Plus the Netflix originals are very good too.
Old 23rd April 2017, 14:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

I am still on the trial of amazon prime and thinking of cancelling it. The video content available is just passable and I constantly turn to other channels for the videos & tv series that I like. In amazon.com (US version) prime gets you access to kindle owners lending library, which we do not get here, or audible for that matter. Amazon kindle unlimited has got some ghastly titles available and none of the books that i want to read are covered under kindle unlimited. All in all both prime and kindle unlimited are - 'a meh!' for me. I wish they bundled prime to Kindle unlimited, it would make a much better value for money proposition.

I just might go to get the prime after all, the free shipping for under 500 RS is a good thing and likely, the only thing that I would use prime for.
Old 24th April 2017, 08:22   #73
Team-BHP Support

I got prime because of free shipping. Since I also have an android TV, turning on prime TV on it was too easy. Didn't have to do any extra setup. The content is sparse, but I am not spending anything extra, so I don't care.
Old 24th April 2017, 09:48   #74

I too have an android tv, and I cant find a simple way of streaming content directly from TV. How do you play content from prime video directly from TV?

I tried Screen mirroring from phone but it is slow and lacks resolution.

Thanks,
Rahul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I got prime because of free shipping. Since I also have an android TV, turning on prime TV on it was too easy. Didn't have to do any extra setup. The content is sparse, but I am not spending anything extra, so I don't care.
Old 24th April 2017, 10:02   #75
BHPian

I got Prime membership mainly for free shipping from amazon. The prime video was just an added bonus. I did try viewing shows but the sheer amount of censorship there is a major let down. I won't bother watching anything from now on.

I wonder when the government will decide we are all old enough to choose what we want to watch without anyone telling us what is okay and what isn't :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks