Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2008, 22:00   #2266
Senior - BHPian

Thanks kb100, though your reply is bit late. I have posted the dimensions given by the vertex guy above. The measurements posted by you is not matching to what I got. Probably yours is 2kVA and the specification I got from the guy is for 1 kVA.

Quote:
Shaju - I am confused. Here you are getting something DIRECTLY from the factory , and you want to buy from a showroom? Ask anyone the former is way better - and cheaper! They have an office - and an entire factory - what exactly are you worried about??
My worry is not because it comes from the factory directly. I am ordering something just looking at a picture in the website. But I dont think thats a thing to worry about. Its better than ordering some chuddies on ebay without knowing if those can fit you or with the worry that it might drop off your waiste when you leave your breath out !

Normally one makes a cabinet with the things at hand, I did the same but never thought about any stabilizer other than a Vguard. Now I am trying to get something that will fit into my cabinet space. Dedicated stabilizer area has only 13" height, 11" width and 17" depth. Every electronic gadget should have some breathing space around it, as I understand. So, my worry is naturally about that breathing part. A 9k product should not die on me due to lacking enough Oxygen !

Last edited by shajufx : 5th December 2008 at 22:11.
Old 5th December 2008, 22:52   #2267
Senior - BHPian

A Stabiliser should never be kept in any sort of enclosed place - esp one made of wood! You will never see an enclosed stabiliser any where - not even in any of the company demo rooms, not in any enthusiasts listening/HT room . It is just not safe. Secondly you need to switch it on and off plus you definitely need line of sight to be able to see the various indicators etc.

My recommendation is to put it where the sub is sitting right now. The connections are in the rear in any case - so they will be out of sight. Shift the sub the other side of the table - or put it next to the sofa (the purists say the sub needs to be closest to the listening position as possible.) Play around with positioning to see which one sounds the best. Worst case all you will have to pull is an external channel with the sub's leads in it.

The second option - in case you don't want to shift the sub - would be to get a small stool made such that it straddles the sub - and place the Servo on top of that stool. And run a channel for the power cables if required (It may get hidden behind your cabinet - may not be needed) Please do not do the opposite - do not put the sub on the stool or on top of the servo!

Last edited by kb100 : 5th December 2008 at 23:02.
Old 7th December 2008, 04:30   #2268

Hi All,

This is my first post on this thread. First of all thanks to all for you for posting such a wealth of information on LCDs/Plasmas. I wanted to buy a LCD/Plasma for some time now.

And finally yesterday i have become a proud owner of Pana TH-50PV800H(D). It will be delivered to me today. I bought it at Reliance Digital at Banjara Hills, Hyderabad for 106.5K with a free HDMI cable thrown in after a lot of haggling over the price (Hope i have not paid too much for it?)

I need advice from you people for the next immediate steps - how best to handle the burn in period (my wife, kids would be using it most of the time so should be easy for them to follow/remember), should i go get a stabilizer even before i switch it on (reading thru pervious posts - vertex 2 KVA servo, were do i find this in HYderabad), etc.

Any advice from the pana gang here would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Manish
Old 7th December 2008, 09:59   #2269
BHPian

Guys, I have finalized these two models of 42" plasma.

Panasonic PV80
LG PG61

I auditioned both models recently. Not withstanding the fact the majority of the folks here are strong backers of Panny, I liked LG better for its easy and intutive menus, and USB connectivity. Frankly, my pair of eyes I couldn't differentiate between PQ in demo videos played on both the models. I am not that big videophile either who could handle and tune the menus to ulterior details.

I want to know what is the recent "best prices" for both of these models. Like many perhaps here, I am not sure whether to wait till the holiday time (2 weeks away) to expec further discounts. Will these models ever to come under discounts?
Old 7th December 2008, 10:17   #2270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manish_agni View Post
Hi All,

This is my first post on this thread. First of all thanks to all for you for posting such a wealth of information on LCDs/Plasmas. I wanted to buy a LCD/Plasma for some time now.

And finally yesterday i have become a proud owner of Pana TH-50PV800H(D). It will be delivered to me today. I bought it at Reliance Digital at Banjara Hills, Hyderabad for 106.5K with a free HDMI cable thrown in after a lot of haggling over the price (Hope i have not paid too much for it?)

I need advice from you people for the next immediate steps - how best to handle the burn in period (my wife, kids would be using it most of the time so should be easy for them to follow/remember), should i go get a stabilizer even before i switch it on (reading thru pervious posts - vertex 2 KVA servo, were do i find this in HYderabad), etc.

Thanks
Manish
Hi Manish

Welcome to T-Bhp!cheers:

Congratulations on your purchase - but isn't the model number 50PV80D - the 800 series Indian model is named 50PV850 and this is priced at about 2lac MRP(1.7 retail)

There a a wealth of information how to handle Burn-in. Please read pages 100 onwards on this thread. It should give you all the information you want.

The Vertex contact details are here Universal Electronics - Home . Please contact Mr. Manjunath on their Bangalore numbers and ask specifically for the souped up version. You can quote my name (Sujit from Coimbatore). He will not know T-Bhp.

Disclaimer : I have absolutely no interest of any sort in this firm- direct/indirect or even whimsical ... lol
Old 7th December 2008, 13:03   #2271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post

Congratulations on your purchase - but isn't the model number 50PV80D - the 800 series Indian model is named 50PV850 and this is priced at about 2lac MRP(1.7 retail)

yup, the above is true, guess it must be a 50PV80, if its a brand new PY800/850 then the price is amazing!

Last edited by aadix : 7th December 2008 at 13:07.
Old 7th December 2008, 13:08   #2272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Welcome to the gang manish. Please read the foll. Links . They should answer some questions. I think its a good idea to get a stabalizer . I have to get one too but wil get a basic one for the time being. Hope this helps. Enjoy your pana. Just in case the settings for calibration in your tv are different search for a similar article for the model.
Here is a great article I found on pixel burn Plasma TV Burn In: Is It Still a Problem? at Plasma TV Buying Guide

For the tv setting please keep it on eco and warm and follow the settings here
Panasonic TH42PX80 Best Settings After Calibration[/quote]

Quote:
Hi All,

And finally yesterday i have become a proud owner of Pana TH-50PV800H(D). It will be delivered to me today. I bought it at Reliance Digital at Banjara Hills, Hyderabad for 106.5K with a free HDMI cable

I need advice from you people for the next immediate steps - how best to handle the burn in period (my wife, kids would be using it most of the time so should be easy for them to follow/remember), should i go get a stabilizer even before i switch it on

Thanks
Manish
Old 7th December 2008, 13:53   #2273

Yes, you are right it is 50PV80D (extra 0 by mistake), PY850 was tempting since it is full HD but way out of my budget. Is 106.5 a good price for 50PV80?

Has anyone seen/compared 50PV80 and 50PY850? Is there much difference in PQ while watching tata sky and DVD movies?

As suggested i just spoke to Mr Manjunath and ordered the 2KVA servo stabilizer, but he said there is only one model, no souped up version. Sujit you were referring to this one? He said they would charge 11.5 K for it (including taxes). I have gone ahead and ordered this one but will get it only by Wed. Hope it is fine to run the pana without the stablizer for a couple of days.
Old 7th December 2008, 17:47   #2274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As suggested i just spoke to Mr Manjunath and ordered the 2KVA servo stabilizer, but he said there is only one model, no souped up version. Sujit you were referring to this one? He said they would charge 11.5 K for it (including taxes). I have gone ahead and ordered this one but will get it only by Wed. Hope it is fine to run the pana without the stablizer for a couple of days.
Uh..??

He did tell me this one has upgraded parts.. Anyway will check with him and reconfirm.

Go ahead and use the Panny without the stabiliser for a few days - You can then write about the difference/improvement it made!!
Old 7th December 2008, 18:23   #2275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Y
As suggested i just spoke to Mr Manjunath and ordered the 2KVA servo stabilizer, but he said there is only one model, no souped up version. Sujit you were referring to this one?
Okay.. Got it confirmed. We were having a conversation about a microprocessor based design that was under development - So when you asked he thought you were referring to that.

This IS the upgraded version of their normal one with thicker cables, EMI/RFI filters, Surge suppressors etc built in. This has been designed with HiFi applications in mind. 11.5k is what I paid too.

So rest in peace! You can now see teh PQ go thru the roof!!
Old 7th December 2008, 20:59   #2276

Kb100,thanks for confirming the stabilizer details.

The set was delivered and installed by 7.00pm today as promised. It is simply awesome. PQ is pretty good for tata sky reception, DVDs also are excellent. BUt if i play VCDs they look pretty bad with lots of black patches in the picture. The text of the tata sky EPG looks jagged compred to what i am used to seeing on my 29 LG flatron. Here are a few pics

Close up
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-zdsc00431.jpg

Snap from 15 feet
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-zdsc00432.jpg

As suggested, i have put thed set in eco mode and done the calibration sett tings. But in eco mode all channels seems to be very dim and dynamic is brightest of all. Posting the snaps in various mode although the dfifference are not very clear. The pics were greater than 1 MB so had to scale them down, that also is a contributing factor.

In Eco mode
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-zdsc00433eco.jpg
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-zdsc00434eco.jpg

In dynamic mode
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-zdsc00437dyna.jpg
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-zdsc00438dyna.jpg
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-zdsc00439dyna.jpg
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-zdsc00440dyna.jpg

In standard mode
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-zdsc00441stand.jpg
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-zdsc00442stand.jpg

In cinema mode
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-zdsc00443cinema.jpg
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-zdsc00445cinema.jpg

I will post the pics after i put the vertex stabilizer in place once i receive it. Hoping there would a noticeable difference after than.

Some more questions - Reliance guys are offering 2 yrs AMC for 8k (includes servicing the set every 3 months + in case of any issue free repairs, no charges for any components if replaced). Is it worth taking this? I personally feel that panas of of such high quality that i do not expect anything to go wrong with it for next 5 yrs if maintained properly. The second question is what is the best HT soultion i can get under 30k to go with my set.
Old 8th December 2008, 00:50   #2277
BHPian

Manish,
COngrats on your purchase. Nice comparison, but my suggestion would, comparing different scenes and modes wont give the real view. My suggestion would be pop-in a DVD go to a good screen with colour depths, pause it, now switch modes and see the difference and post the pics, that would clear idea,

I personally think AMC should be after 4 yrs of usage , even I am eagerly waiting to see if you also get any improvement in PQ after Vertex
Old 8th December 2008, 01:25   #2278

madbullram, good suggestion, will try to do as you have suggested.

But not next 2 days, lots of RKM things (Before BHP guys ask!, this is Roti/Kapara/Makan) to catch up on Hold on, my next pics will be there very shortly!!!
Old 8th December 2008, 11:47   #2279
BHPian

Hi All

Got my PV80D from Devi yesterday , he was not able to deliver it yesterday , was quite exicted about the pana , did not want delivery wooes to bring down my exictment , took along with me in my car, fixed it up !!

Superb !! worth the money spent ... ;-)

Regards
Abhishek.
Old 8th December 2008, 12:23   #2280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ego4evr View Post
Hi All

Got my PV80D from Devi yesterday , Superb !! worth the money spent ... ;-)
Abhishek.
Congratulations Abhishek. Welcome to the PV80 gang .Do follow the calibration settings for the proper burn in. Its a lovely TV isnt it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks