Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:13   #2206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
My Kid watches TV atleast 10-12 hours in a day so it was over in just one month , i think you should also do atleast for 250 hours as its better to avoid any pixel burn.Avoid watching movies which is giving black strips in top and bottom, may be zooming will help to avoid black strips atleast for initial operations.
yes for the first few days - if i was watching something with a logo (movies streamed from online), I would zoom in enough to get the logo out of the screen. Again with most plasma manufacturers doing a pre-burn-in at the factory, its not really needed, but then as sammy said better to be paranoid than sorry
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:21   #2207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Model : PV80
Finance- Bajaj . The guy sits there so no hassles.
Mode of payment : 1/3 by CC , rest *8 monthly installments.
Downpayment amount :19650 , per month installment :4667
Total Cost of TV - 56,000. Cost of TV with installments :56986.00
So in total over 8 months I am paying Rs 986 more
Documents required : Copy of CC, id proof and address proof.
Thanks for the info. that is very useful.

How are the 8 installments to be paid ?

Through PDCs or billed to the card ?
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:26   #2208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Thanks for the info. that is very useful.

How are the 8 installments to be paid ?

Through PDCs or billed to the card ?
We gave 1 cancelled check , a guarantee check (for an amount not exceeding rs4667 i.e. 1 installment) and filled an ECS form so the money is debited straight from the bank account each month.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
yes for the first few days - if i was watching something with a logo (movies streamed from online), I would zoom in enough to get the logo out of the screen. Again with most plasma manufacturers doing a pre-burn-in at the factory, its not really needed, but then as sammy said better to be paranoid than sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
My Kid watches TV atleast 10-12 hours in a day so it was over in just one month , i think you should also do atleast for 250 hours as its better to avoid any pixel burn.Avoid watching movies which is giving black strips in top and bottom, may be zooming will help to avoid black strips atleast for initial operations.
Thanks for the tips guys. Makes sense, I will go with the paranoia and still burn in for 250 hours or so. My wife will kill me for making her sit thru all that burning in though . She already has started getting ideas about retaining the other TV for her to watch till I complete the burn in on this one.

Last edited by sammyboy : 2nd December 2008 at 16:32.
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:37   #2209
BHPian

Quote:
We gave 1 cancelled check , a guarantee check (for an amount not exceeding rs4667 i.e. 1 installment) and filled an ECS form so the money is debited straight from the bank account each month.

Hope this helps.
Thanks sammyboy. It really does.
Old 2nd December 2008, 17:06   #2210
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Just got the TV installed. Looks AWESOME.
In the aspect ratio, if I keep it at 16:9 or 4:3 it shows black lines on top, so should I keet it at zoom 1/2 during the burn in period so that the pic is stretched all across ?
My settings are :
Menu- Eco
Contrast-40
Brightness-38
Color-24
sharpness32
Color temp-warm
Color mgmt -off
P-NR Off

Please let me know if its ok.

edit: Thanks Jassi, will check where the screen saver settings are. And yes , Factory settings came up.

Last edited by sammyboy : 2nd December 2008 at 17:10.
Old 2nd December 2008, 17:08   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, Just got the TV installed. Looks AWESOME.
In the aspect ratio, if I keep it at 16:9 or 4:3 it shows black lines on top, so should I keet it at zoom 1/2 during the burn in period so that the pic is stretched all across ?
yes please do that and theres some screen saver settings also - please ensure those are turned on.

Also hope the factory menus came up.

And yeah it does look awesome doesn't it cheers: wait till you try dvds or blurays or try some hd videos (720p atleast)

Your settings seem correct - make sure you use the link i put in as reference i.e. take the values from cinema mode and then adjust eco mode to reflect the same and then go 1 click left or right, etc as instructed in the link
Under the setup menu - there is a side panel option - set it to high for the screensaver stuff
PS - we are putting in what looks and sounds good on plasmas and home theatre systems here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...a-lcd-hts.html

Last edited by jassi : 2nd December 2008 at 17:21.
Old 2nd December 2008, 17:49   #2212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
And yeah it does look awesome doesn't it cheers: wait till you try dvds or blurays or try some hd videos (720p atleast)
How are you streaming HD content ,Do you have an HD DVD or Bluray player ?

If so, which model and how much did you pay for it?
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:13   #2213
BHPian

Glad to know that you got your PV80 installed Sammyboy !! Here's yet another happy PV80 owner !!

Good that the factory menus came up. Looks like you got a brand new piece then. Thank god. As far as I've seen on this thread most of them who've bought from Devi haven't had any problem in this respect.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:14   #2214
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Venkat. Yes i was relieved to see the factory menu come up too
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:27   #2215
BHPian

There is an option in the menu to set everything to factory default. So shopkeepers can do this before shipping and the factory menu will come on next power up.
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:21   #2216
Senior - BHPian

True but then that could happen with anyone's tv. Guess its all about mental satisfaction of seeing the option when the installation begins.
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:29   #2217
BHPian

As Jassi mentioned, the option to reset the TV to factory defaults is there, but most often due to laziness or whatever reason the shopkeepers / dealers forget to do this. And this becomes the easiest point for us to use, to identify whether it is a fresh piece or a demo piece

And yes, it's definitely the satisfaction that we get when we see that menu come up the 1st time we turn on the PV80.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 3rd December 2008, 19:34   #2218
Senior - BHPian

Guys another question regarding burn in. Even if I dont have one channel on for more than 30 min when I change channels most have logos at the same place (top right corner) or tata sky logo bottom right . If I keep it zoomed at 2 or 3 to stretch the logo out of the screen It becomes difficult to see faces what are your experiences?
Old 3rd December 2008, 19:53   #2219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I keep it zoomed at 2 or 3 to stretch the logo out of the screen It becomes difficult to see faces what are your experiences?
This is an advanced feature that comes free with a product above 50k of your hard earned money ! Dont worry, you will get used to it. You can regret lesser than people who paid full money before delivery ! Now I feel I could have opted the EMI mode as you dont lose anything end of the day.

Jokes apart, I have not done any extra setting with the fear of screen burn as all the latest plasmas come with a technology that can beat up most common reasons for such issues. Screen burn is something of the past. Present generation plasmas have got a basic level protection atleast related to the channel logo, running screen etc. You may not face any issue as long as you dont keep your screen stuck to a DVD in pause mode or something similar (read bright colours in static stage for long time). I think even such cases are protected by the screen saver built-in either on your HT or on the Plasma. These are few tips read from different sources online and the manuals. My 'aspect' is mostly 16:1 or 'Just' on the plasma and 16:1 on the tatasky digicomp. When I place a DVD or VCD on my HT (connected to the plasma through HDMI), the plasma automatically goes to HDMI screen and by default it selects 1080 upscale mode.

Last edited by shajufx : 3rd December 2008 at 19:55.
Old 3rd December 2008, 20:06   #2220
Senior - BHPian

wow - so many Viera PV8/PV80 folks here! I have one too

Dont you folks think we are getting a bit too paranoid about the pixel burn? Newer plasma's arent as affected by Pixel burn. So no need to worry about it unless you watch the same Chanel continuously for hours together.

Also try keep the contrast under 50 for first 100 hours. It helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks