Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 16:25   #2296

Quote:
Originally Posted by superamerica View Post
Any idea which shops in bangalore sell Hitachi/Sharp Lcds? I found a few shops like ezone having just one model from Sharp and I havent found any having a Hitachi
Modern World, Domlur, sell Sharp (Guess they have a shop in MG Road also)

Somebody in the thread reported that Reliance has Hitachi
Old 10th December 2008, 16:36   #2297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I got my 1 KV servo vertex stabiliser (9k) today and its connected to the Plasma and HT now. I can not find an immediate change in clarity or quality, may be I have to sit and watch for sometime and see how each channel is affected. Presently its kept inside the MDF cabin which has just 1 inch empty gap between the stabiliser body to the cabin panels around. It fits well inside, though its against your advise. I might open up the sides of the cabin with a round cutter to allow enough air to circulate. Front display panel is clearly visible as I have dark glass on the cabin front. So I can see the output 3 digits and the LEDs.

One difference in the mode of operation I found is, VGuard comes ON as soon as we switch on the plug point its connected. Servo requires a press on the 'restart' button (output power button). Is it the same with you ? I find it a bit of inconvenience as I have to open the cabin glass door each time I need the Plasma ON. Is there anyway we can get direct output power to the gadgets without touching the stabiliser each time ?

I will update once I find difference in the clarity and quality of the Plasma.
Oh ...

I dont know - maybe the EB current there is cleaner .. but here there is a perceptible difference. I in fact went to the extent of calling a couple of people wondering if its the placebo effect before I made that post here.

I am told - by more than one person in the power conditioning business - that power stabilising and conditioning makes a difference to PQ and sound. The blacks are blacker and the silence is deeper (the latter for audio)

Wrt to the positioning, Manjunath concured , but if you are happy thats what matters!

All Servo's come with timer delays, the stock setting is 3 minutes - you can get this reduced to 15 secs I think. Tell Manjunath , he will get his people to do this for you. But dont take this away altogether (if its possible) It allows the stepper motor to kick in and power to stabilise (start up surge) before you send the juice to your appliances! Once this is set you will not have to click the button (which actually is a timer bypass button)
Old 10th December 2008, 21:50   #2298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
It allows the stepper motor to kick in and power to stabilise (start up surge) before you send the juice to your appliances! Once this is set you will not have to click the button (which actually is a timer bypass button)
I communicate with Murali right from the beginning. I called him and explained the issue. He said he will tune another unit of the same specification with 15 seconds start up delay and deliver it at my place, then take back the present one which takes 3 minutes to start. Thats perfectly what I want. I would have requested the same in the first place if I knew about this difference.

I am very curious to know what is inside this thing. It weighs around 15 kilos. No brochure or manual came with the packing, typical of a home made or unbranded stuff. I have asked Murali to send me the manual, atleast to know its technical specifications and instructions.

Will update more on the progress as I get things changed. Now my 2.5 year boy has taken the old V-guard as his asset.
Old 11th December 2008, 18:31   #2299

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenkatt View Post
Modern World, Domlur, sell Sharp (Guess they have a shop in MG Road also)

Somebody in the thread reported that Reliance has Hitachi
Check this link for hitachi lcd dealers in bangalore

Just Dial - India's No.1 local search engine
Old 12th December 2008, 19:16   #2300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He said he will tune another unit of the same specification with 15 seconds start up delay and deliver it at my place, then take back the present one which takes 3 minutes to start.
Now its completed. Murali came with a chip board that gives 10 seconds start up time. He opened the same unit and just inserted the new board near the display panel from inside. So, now its a perfect timing. Although I dont find much difference in the actual clarity on the Plasma, I feel the new 18 kilo servo stabiliser has something high quality to offer. Output is tuned to 225 volt. Comments expected if anybody has done the same settings for their plasma or LCD.
Old 12th December 2008, 19:56   #2301
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I was told that the support for Hitachi is virtually non-existent at Bangalore. I finally settled down for Samsung 40A650.
How much did you pay for it?
Old 13th December 2008, 00:10   #2302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now its completed. Murali came with a chip board that gives 10 seconds start up time. He opened the same unit and just inserted the new board near the display panel from inside. So, now its a perfect timing. Although I dont find much difference in the actual clarity on the Plasma, I feel the new 18 kilo servo stabiliser has something high quality to offer. Output is tuned to 225 volt. Comments expected if anybody has done the same settings for their plasma or LCD.
Lovely!

I be in Blr the coming week .. I hope to be able to audition your set-up!
Old 13th December 2008, 01:13   #2303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superamerica View Post
Any idea which shops in bangalore sell Hitachi/Sharp Lcds? I found a few shops like ezone having just one model from Sharp and I havent found any having a Hitachi
ARN Systems (Coles Road, Frazer Town). They are the hitachi distributors. Its right beside the Pizza Hut on Coles Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I too wanted to take a look at Hitachi before purchasing my LCD, about a month ago. But, I did not find enough information on the stores and models that are there in India. Even the Hitachi India site was not functioning properly at that time. I have not browsed it again though.

I was told that the support for Hitachi is virtually non-existent at Bangalore. I finally settled down for Samsung 40A650.
Hitachi support for white goods is top notch. A colleague in office was singing praises for them. My dad has a Hitachi AC and he's quite happy with the service as well. The same service center services televisions as well so I doubt if there'd be any issue if anything were to go wrong.
Old 14th December 2008, 17:04   #2304
BHPian

Hi Guys

Sorry to deviate from the current discussion ... had been to National Market have a reliable dealer from whom i have been elctrnoic gadgets for years now !! had been there to check on DV610 , he quoted a price of 6600 and for DV410.. its 4300.

Can anyone in chennai please confirm if DV610 is available for lesser than 6600. wil be in chennai next monday .. hope to pick it up....
Old 24th December 2008, 12:42   #2305
BHPian

Guys,
Any update on price of PV80 as in any reduction in price for New Year?
Old 24th December 2008, 15:37   #2306

Hi guys, I have been following this thread for quite sometime now and finally decided to reply. Firstly, thanks a ton to all of you for so much information which has made my choices narrow now. I have also finally boiled down to the PV80 or PV8.

But I was just wondering if the LG - Scarlet 42LG60FR would be a good choice since its Full HD. I know current DTH and cable signals are better off on a HD ready set rather than a Full HD set, but was wondering if it is worth paying around 12K extra for this Full HD LCD TV to be future proof since I know one day I will get a Blue Ray player and even now I can use upscaling DVD players.

How does the LG - Scarlet 42LG60FR compare with the PV80? If not the LG Scarlet, which other Full HD LCD is the closest in terms of PQ to the PV80 and is in the same price range as the scarlet?

Is it really worth getting a Full HD set instead of a HD Ready set and upscale your DVDs for now to 1080p and watch them or am I better off just getting the HD Ready PV80? Also, does anyone here have the latest prices for the PV8 and PV80 from Devi?

Help!!

Thanks,
Hari
Old 25th December 2008, 23:03   #2307
RAC
BHPian

No change in prices from Devi. But now, maybe you can bargain for a free Airtel or other DTH connections as most other brands are offering.

OT: Spoke to Niranjan last evening and the Pana group has bought around 25 Pana sets. Some of the members have called him from Chennai and if I heard his correct, even Rajasthan. Wow.
Old 27th December 2008, 16:53   #2308
BHPian

Panny 42 PV8 available at 39,990 in Hyderabad.
Old 27th December 2008, 17:53   #2309
BHPian

D.V.R which shop in Hyderabad quoted that rate? Is it with exchange?
Old 27th December 2008, 19:41   #2310
BHPian

It is a offer from JD electronics.There is an ad in the Metro Plus edition of today's Hindu paper.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks