Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2020, 15:41   #9766
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Not quite true without digging further into the past :

Fact 1 - Sony made larger OLED displays (OLED mini-displays were invented by Kodak) for hospital scan requirements and professional 3D rendering a decade before LG and Samsung. I've used one, a 14 inch Sony in-house made OLED monitor, nothing can compare but it costed well over 1.5 lacs.

Fact 2 - Sony invented bendable OLED 2 decades ago.

Personally, LG and Samsung shouldn't even be mentioned alongside Sony, they are way too inferior to even matter, my friend bought a top of the line LG OLED for 3 odd lacs 3 years ago, my 70k 43 inch 4K Bravia just shatters it in terms of picture quality, realistic colors and eye-comfort, not to mention everything about the Sony feels more intuitive and easy to use, plus since his 60 inch LG has more screen area, it loses in pixel density and the color saturation is set to video-game levels, retina-busting cartoonish picture output. Samsung is just a joke, in everything.
All the information mentioned by you is true but outdated. Kodak indeed invented OLED but LG Electronics bought OLED assets from Kodak. LG displays manufactures OLED for consumer products. LG supplies OLED panels to other manufacturers, even to Sony. Sony does produce OLED for Medical and professional monitors but they don't manufacture for consumer products. Hence, Sony buys OLED panel for TVs from LG Display.

LG has been slowly working on improving the complaints against OLED TVs and seems to have succeeded since 2019. The OLED TV your friend bought 3 years ago did have the faults you mentioned and it was grossly overpriced. But in the past 2 years, LG OLED TVs are mostly sought after in the high-end TV market.

For 2020, the best TVs that have been consistently rated by most are LG OLED CX for an OLED TV and Samsung Q80T for a VA panel.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/be...-on-the-market

In recent years, Vizio has been delivering great TVs as well but I don't think are available in India.

As I said in the earlier post, these OLED and QLED TVs are way out of budget for most Indians and for people on a strict budget Sony does a great job in PQ and nothing beats them but when it comes to the best TV for the price Samsung and LG have caught up to Sony.

Last edited by prasathlr : 23rd December 2020 at 15:42. Reason: Formatting
prasathlr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 15:58   #9767
BHPian

Purchased Samsung 55 inches LED from Reliance Digital. Model 55TU8000.
Offer Price Rs 71094
With HDFC card EMI offer, got cash back of Rs 7109
Effective price Rs 63985
Price includes 1 yr extra warranty

Last edited by StepUP! : 23rd December 2020 at 16:09.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 17:21   #9768
Senior - BHPian

Talk about an existing TV failing leading to an amazing deal! This is what happened with my Uncle - he had a Sony 55 inch which he had bought in Thailand and got it to India. The TV was about 6 years old and stopped working.

He spoke to Sony support and after validating his invoice to be original, they said they will not be able to fix his Thailand made Sony TV but they would offer him a deal on a new one.

He got the Sony X9000H 65 Inch model for ₹81,472/- all inclusive

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img20201210wa0020.jpg
vsrivatsa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 19:48   #9769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

Does that include warranty? How many years?
Old 23rd December 2020, 21:20   #9770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Does that include warranty? How many years?
Comes with 1 Year Warranty.

Amazon is selling it at 1.59 L (Link)

During Diwali, the lowest quote I had heard on it was about 1.4 L

The 55 inch itself sells for more than this typically : Link

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 23rd December 2020 at 21:22.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 23:58   #9771
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2096326
Awesome deal! Lucky guy!

Diwali price of the same model for 55" was 90k. So to get 65" for this price is crazy good!

Last edited by prasathlr : 23rd December 2020 at 23:59.
prasathlr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 08:56   #9772
BHPian

Quote:
The TV was about 6 years old and stopped working.
Any idea what compelled Sony to offer this deal on a 6 yeal old, out of warranty TV?
Old 24th December 2020, 09:55   #9773
BHPian

I am curious too. Even within warranty period, Sony India wouldn't be liable or interested in providing warranty for a tv sold in Thailand. So may be they are clearing inventory without advertising it. Is there a way we can contact appropriate team within Sony to avail this price or check whats the deal. I would be interested.
Old 24th December 2020, 15:37   #9774
Oxy
BHPian

That is just an unbelievable deal. I would be interested to buy at this price as well. Where is it available in Bangalore at this price, if I may know?
Old 24th December 2020, 19:33   #9775
BHPian

Any idea of viewing angles in sony 55x9000h? I am looking for one for my living room. Tossed between this model and 55 inch LG cx.
Old 25th December 2020, 13:00   #9776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Awesome deal! Lucky guy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Any idea what compelled Sony to offer this deal on a 6 yeal old, out of warranty TV?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I am curious too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
That is just an unbelievable deal. I would be interested to buy at this price as well.
I am not sure what made Sony to roll out such an unbelievable offer. My Uncle was redirected to make the payment at Sony Center in Rajajinagar, Bengaluru and the rest of the delivery was handled from there. They did take his non-working old TV from him which means this also included some kind of exchange process I guess. If any of you unravel the logic behind this - do let me know - I am curious as well.

It is definitely not a case of stock clearance as the model was not in stock and they took a good 15 days for delivery from date of payment.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 25th December 2020 at 13:02.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 13:52   #9777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure what made Sony to roll out such an unbelievable offer. My Uncle was redirected to make the payment at Sony Center in Rajajinagar, Bengaluru and the rest of the delivery was handled from there. They did take his non-working old TV from him which means this also included some kind of exchange process I guess. If any of you unravel the logic behind this - do let me know - I am curious as well.

It is definitely not a case of stock clearance as the model was not in stock and they took a good 15 days for delivery from date of payment.
Sony actually delivers on the warranty front, at least with some payment for replacement. This is because the production runs are much shorter these days and the model you would claim warranty for might not be available. We got one replaced after it was damaged in a lightning strike, with a payment, however, the new TV was a larger size.

Our TV was bought locally though, so it's pretty impressive they replaced a product bought overseas.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 12:03   #9778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Any idea of viewing angles in sony 55x9000h? I am looking for one for my living room. Tossed between this model and 55 inch LG cx.
X9000H is a VA panel, hence suffers when it comes to viewing angle. If your room has a wide seating arrangement then X9000H is not recommended.

If budget is not a problem then go for LG CX. Every guest who visited our house has been mighty impressed with the LG CX picture quality.
Old 30th December 2020, 11:43   #9779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
X9000H is a VA panel, hence suffers when it comes to viewing angle. If your room has a wide seating arrangement then X9000H is not recommended.

If budget is not a problem then go for LG CX. Every guest who visited our house has been mighty impressed with the LG CX picture quality.
Thanks prasathlr. Your comments are very helpful. So i am kind of decided in favour of lg cx now after seeing many positive reviews. Will go and check in person in showroom. Also i can wait for special offers on warranty from LG. They had good offers during diwali time.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 17:03   #9780
BHPian

Seems TV's are going to get a price hike of 7-10% from January.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks