Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2021, 19:26   #9901
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Am looking for a budget 75 inch TV for my office conference room. The purpose will be video conferencing, PPT and short video viewing at times.

The only option I found is : https://www.amazon.in/Kodak-Inches-C...73&sr=1-3&th=1

Reviews seems ok but has anyone here tried Kodak TVs?

Any other options in around 1 to 1.5L budget for 75inch?
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 19:36   #9902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Am looking for a budget 75 inch TV for my office conference room. The purpose will be video conferencing, PPT and short video viewing at times.

You can check out the VU 75 inch UHD which retails for around 1 lakh.

The MI 75 inch QLED retails for around 1.27 lakh

TCL also has an offering in the 75 inch space, have spotted it in a few conference rooms during meetings.

Of the lot, the VU one should prove to be a paisa vasool offering IMHO.
Old 27th July 2021, 04:24   #9903
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The only option I found is : https://www.amazon.in/Kodak-Inches-C...73&sr=1-3&th=1

My personal suggestion would be to stick to the big three brands(and Panasonic).

Will a 70 inch work? I think you maybe able to manage with a 70, in which case, there is this option-

https://www.flipkart.com/lg-177-8-cm...4f9f00d8892ecd

It is not deliverable at my location and pretty sure that the same will apply to you but maybe you can give this model reference to a local retailer and get it offline.

Other 75 inch option is this but shall exceed your budget-

https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-190...4f9f00d8892ecd
Old 27th July 2021, 18:42   #9904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
My personal suggestion would be to stick to the big three brands(and Panasonic).

It is not deliverable at my location and pretty sure that the same will apply to you but maybe you can give this model reference to a local retailer and get it offline.
I only stick to Samsung for my home but for the office, the viewing needs are very basic hence don't mind a lower brand at a cost effective price.

The LG from flipkart is not available in my pin code too. Asked a local dealer, he too doesn't have it.
Most often now, these manufactures have exclusive models online and offline to keep both channels thriving.

The Mi 75 inch LED at 1.25L has some pretty stellar specs for the price. I am leaning towards it. My office renovation work will be over in another 10-14 days hence holding off until then to see if I find any better options.
I am also on the look out for good video conferencing equipment to go with this TV. Any suggestions? Would like a good optical camera and microphone. VU has some options but they were all too bundled and probably work out cheaper if i get each part individually from better brands.

The webcams on Amazon and Flipkart are all basic and don't have an optical lens.

Last edited by Sahil : 27th July 2021 at 18:44.
Old 27th July 2021, 20:05   #9905
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I only stick to Samsung for my home but for the office, the viewing needs are very basic hence don't mind a lower brand at a cost effective price.

In that case, the Mi is definitely the one to go for.

If you are fine with a 70 though, then this Hisense is available as well for 36k less-

https://www.flipkart.com/hisense-a71...01627394570529

https://www.amazon.in/Hisense-inches...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

My dad had got a Hisense from China back in 2006 and it served us well for 9 years. Though in terms of service, I am pretty sure that the Mi will beat it.
Old 28th July 2021, 19:37   #9906
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to disappoint everyone but I picked up a OnePlus 65" U1S yesterday evening on Amazon, and it was delivered in 14 hours flat this morning with installation tomorrow.

Had planned to exchange my ancient LG 32" LCD through Amazon for 2.9K but it had scratches on the screen, and the same was rejected during delivery. Immediately sold it locally for 4K (:-)), and so the net price to me was 55K spread over 12 month NCE on HDFC Bank credit card.

The Samsung 58" AUE70 came back in stock today morning but would have cost me similar.

Let us see what the OnePlus 65" has in store for us.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 19:53   #9907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Sorry to disappoint everyone but I picked up a OnePlus 65" U1S yesterday evening on Amazon, and it was delivered in 14 hours flat this morning with installation tomorrow.
Let us see what the OnePlus 65" has in store for us.
Please share your ownership experience as I am looking to buy same, Specially the Viewing angles and the sound.
Old 29th July 2021, 15:38   #9908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
In that case, the Mi is definitely the one to go for.

If you are fine with a 70 though, then this Hisense is available as well for 36k less-

https://www.flipkart.com/hisense-a71...01627394570529

https://www.amazon.in/Hisense-inches...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

My dad had got a Hisense from China back in 2006 and it served us well for 9 years. Though in terms of service, I am pretty sure that the Mi will beat it.
I have used a VU for 4.5 years and now using a Hisense (VU is nothing but a rebranded Hisense) and can vouch for the panel quality. The 70" Hisense linked above has a 4 year warranty offer also currently which is a good deal with peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Please do share your experience. I have not read good reviews on OnePlus TV's with the complaints being low panel brightness and inaccurate colour reproduction (too saturated)
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:51   #9909
Senior - BHPian

My 32 inch Samsung LCD HD TV is giving some trouble.

The TV is 7-8 years old now.

Since the last few days, the TV is taking very long time to start. (The display remains dark for almost a minute and then slowly starts to display the image)

Also, since yesterday I saw a black horizontal line running across the display (almost in the middle of the display).

What could be the issue and what kind of repair expense are we looking at ?

Should I call a Samsung technician or a 3rd party one ?

Rohan
Old 2nd August 2021, 13:25   #9910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Since the last few days, the TV is taking very long time to start. (The display remains dark for almost a minute and then slowly starts to display the image)

Also, since yesterday I saw a black horizontal line running across the display (almost in the middle of the display).

Rohan
I would not suggest calling Samsung technician for an old TV. We had Samsung LED in the past and had screen issues. The Samsung technician charged 1.5k for just the visit and then quoted 30k for the repair as they will not fix the panel, but only replace the panel. I got a temporary fix since from outside technician for around 5k and it worked fine to I exchanged it for an Onida in a few months.
Old 2nd August 2021, 15:23   #9911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Rohan
The TV has lived its life! If you call a Samsung technician, most likely the cost of repairs would be atrocious. You'd be better off replacing this with a new TV. There are a lot of options available in the 32inch segment. Should not cost you more than 15-18k whichever brand you buy. I recently got a Samsung 32 inch HD LED Smart TV for my bedroom for just 14.5k after discount etc from Flipkart.
Old 2nd August 2021, 16:45   #9912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am looking for a budget 75 inch TV for my office conference room.

Hi Sahil! Did you buy one?

Kodak, Thompson etc. are all made by a Noida based company (Super Plastronics or something) that also makes monitors and other items for Intex and similar brands.

Motorola TVs are licensed to Flipkart IIRC and Nokia too is being made by some comany under similar terms.

In a nutshell, avoid any random budget TV brand when it comes to a large TV size of 65 or more since the cost is still substantial.

Apart from Sony, Samsung, LG, the best budget brands that are doing good in India are VU/HiSense, OnePlus, Mi.

For TCL/iFFalcon, i would not want to go above 43” size despite TCL being among the top 5 TV manufacturer globally.
Old 2nd August 2021, 18:58   #9913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
For TCL/iFFalcon, i would not want to go above 43” size despite TCL being among the top 5 TV manufacturer globally.
Since I am looking at a 55 inch TCL, was curious why you say this.
Old 2nd August 2021, 19:06   #9914
BHPian

I think the Samsung Frame 2021 tvs are decently priced for a good tv and worth a look of budget permits. For personal use i stick with Samsung/Sony/LG.
Old 2nd August 2021, 19:24   #9915
BHPian

Need to setup 6 cheap 32 inch screens for a trading PC system. Before covid I had used multiple Sanyo 32 inch HD TVs for the same.

Cheap Sanyo TVs are no longer available on Amazon or anywhere else.

I was advised VU 32 TVs as an alternative. These two are no longer available on Amazon/Flipkart.

All 32 inch TVs seem to be smart options only.

Is there any alternative for cheap TVs @ 8-9 k?

32 inch at 720p resolution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks