Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2021, 23:48   #10051
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
How is the Sanyo range of TVs?

And how is the picture quality compared to LG/Samsung/Pansonic? (I've not seen the picture quality of 43 inches or greater from Sanyo, but felt that it's in the same league of LG/Samsung in the 32" segment).
Sanyo TVs in India is now a brand name used by Panasonic exclusively for Online sales in E-Commerce portals (Sanyo is a subsidiary of Panasonic worldwide since 2010 or so). The Sanyo range of TVs in India are re-branded products from Chinese ODMs like Skyworth, HiSense etc and I found them quite good from a value for money perspective.
LobsterB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 21:27   #10052
Senior - BHPian

Bought LG OLED 48" Tv today and the setup was completed today itself. Coming from a plasma TV, there is a stark difference in the picture clarity. Also liked the almost frameless picture plus the sleek form. Costed around 1.2 with additional 10.5k cashback after 90 days. Hopefully a good deal!
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 12:42   #10053
BHPian

Hey all,

We have moved to our new place and now looking to replace my 32inch Samsung LED to a 55inch TV.

Brands considered - LG, Sony, Samsung (last option)

I considered a few models from Sony (X80J, X8000H) but none at this range comes with two way Bluetooth, that a negative for me and hence rules out Sony.

I am now considering the below models of LG and Samsung and would go for Samsung only if I can't get hold of an LG of my choice.

Features I am concerned with - Bluetooth (two way), HDMI eARC, 2.1ch or more, Dolby Vision and Atmos would be good to have.

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-tv-compro.png

I was tilting towards 55SM9000PTA from LG, but it's a 2019 model and mostly unavailable. If it become available, does it make sense to go for a 2019 model now?

My next choice would be 55NANO91TNA, it's a 2020 model and available at 80k on Amazon. I am planning to visit B&M stores to check this out along with other models considered.

LG OLED is available at 105k, but I am not too sure if I can stretch my budget that much.

In case I can't go for LG models, then I may consider The Frame 55inch QLED from Samsung, which is available at 90k approx.

Have I missed any other relevant models? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
KK
Old 23rd January 2022, 15:05   #10054
BHPian

Folks, I'm in the market for a large screen TV. Narrowed down to these two :

1. Sony Bravia 164 cm (65 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart LED Google TV KD-65X80AJ and
2. Acer 177.8 cm (70 inches) XL Series Ultra HD Android Smart LED TV AR70AP2851UD (Black) (2021 Model).

Both of them have very positive reviews on Amazon and I'm leaning towards the Acer, but, none of the stores have it on display. Do let me know if you are able to help me here. Again, I'm aware of Sony's prowess and that it comes with a Google OS even though reviews say it's the same as Android TV.
Old 23rd January 2022, 20:09   #10055
Senior - BHPian

The last TV I bought was a Sony bravia 32” LED in 2014 which has served me well all this while. Now with an infant and senior citizen at home the need for a 2nd TV has come up. Will be shifting this existing one to one of the bedrooms and looking for a slightly larger one for living room.

My biggest constraint is the TV wall panel size which is around 1.04 metre wide, height wont be an issue though. Viewing distance is 8-10 feet. Ideally a 38-40 inches would have been easy fit. However I see after 32 the next size available nowadays everywhere is 43 inches only. Primary requirements:

1. Should fit the 1m panel
2. UHD 4K smart tv

Would like to stick to Sony/LG/Samsung. Budget is anywhere upto 60k. Appreciate some suggestions and if anyone with experience can tell if a 43 incher can fit in my tight panel?

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd January 2022 at 20:24.
Old 23rd January 2022, 20:25   #10056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
2. UHD 4K smart tv
Yes, the 43" will fit in. Our LG Um437790 is 98 cm wide.

You can go for a 43". A quick check on the dimensions of the tv will tell you the size. Google hai na !
Old 30th January 2022, 00:45   #10057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
The last TV I bought was a Sony bravia 32” LED in 2014 which has served me well all this while. Now with an infant and senior citizen at home the need for a 2nd TV has come up. Will be shifting this existing one to one of the bedrooms and looking for a slightly larger one for living room.

My biggest constraint is the TV wall panel size which is around 1.04 metre wide, height wont be an issue though. Viewing distance is 8-10 feet. Ideally a 38-40 inches would have been easy fit. However I see after 32 the next size available nowadays everywhere is 43 inches only. Primary requirements:

2. UHD 4K smart tv

Would like to stick to Sony/LG/Samsung. Budget is anywhere upto 60k. Appreciate some suggestions and if anyone with experience can tell if a 43 incher can fit in my tight panel?
Go with Sony 43 inch X80J which is the best in picture quality and sound plus is Dolby Atmos and Digital enabled.I was in same position and finalised the x80j after thorough comparison on all aspects.It cost me 62k with total 3 years warranty under Sony offer.The USP based on my analysis is the picture quality and sound quality .Its just too good.I bought it from Sony center in Hebbal,Bangalore.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 12:30   #10058
BHPian

Hi all - needed to check something with all of you. What is the difference between an online and offline model of a TV. Case in point is an LG 55 inch. The online model (model 7500) comes with a normal remote and costs 52k, the offline model (model 7550) comes with a magic remote and costs a decent bit more. Is there any difference apart from remote? I am not able to obtain conclusive answers on this.
Old 16th February 2022, 12:39   #10059
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
What is the difference between an online and offline model of a TV.
A lot of manufacturers these days have specific models for specific channels: Amazon/Flipkart, Croma, Reliance Digital and so on. It may be best to check with LG directly or websites such as https://www.gadgetsnow.com. (I tried searching, the 7550 model is listed but 7550 isn't).

Some times, the model no. also depends on year of launch.

That said, get the magic remote: the main diff. is that a magic remote has a motion-controlled pointer, you can move the magic remote to control the pointer. Makes navigation pretty smooth.
Old 16th February 2022, 13:28   #10060
Senior - BHPian

Are there any large screen TVs that are NOT smart nowadays? Or switch off that smartness to make it just a LED screen?

I don't need all that smart-bottom-ness in everything in my living room -
  • There is a Fire Stick that is running Android, and is 'smart'
  • I have a Roku that again is smart in it's own way
  • My set top box has its smartness, what with running on Android and all.
The pain in the wrong end with all these smartness? Everything has to 'boot' for like 150 seconds before it's even usable!

So if all I want is to just stream music from my DLNA through my receiver - which uses the screen to list the tracks for me to pick from, I don't want to wait for stuff to 'boot'.

There is also the uselessness of having everything smart - you don't need a smart TV if your set-top box is smart anyway coz that'll take precedence!
Old 16th February 2022, 14:38   #10061
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Are there any large screen TVs that are NOT smart nowadays? Or switch off that smartness to make it just a LED screen?

I don't need all that smart-bottom-ness in everything in my living room -
  • There is a Fire Stick that is running Android, and is 'smart'
  • I have a Roku that again is smart in it's own way
  • My set top box has its smartness, what with running on Android and all.
The pain in the wrong end with all these smartness? Everything has to 'boot' for like 150 seconds before it's even usable!

So if all I want is to just stream music from my DLNA through my receiver - which uses the screen to list the tracks for me to pick from, I don't want to wait for stuff to 'boot'.

There is also the uselessness of having everything smart - you don't need a smart TV if your set-top box is smart anyway coz that'll take precedence!

We have this one

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-inches...NrPXRydWU&th=1

Boot time is 10 seconds. Has inbuilt prime and Netflix. But the TV is not android.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 14:46   #10062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
We have this one

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-inches...NrPXRydWU&th=1

Boot time is 10 seconds. Has inbuilt prime and Netflix. But the TV is not android.
Thanks mate, have seen this - though was wondering if there is something like good ol' days - nothing built-in, just plain LED screen with inputs
Old 16th February 2022, 15:21   #10063
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate, have seen this - though was wondering if there is something like good ol' days - nothing built-in, just plain LED screen with inputs
I doubt if we get such plain jane TV's any more. Especially in the 43 inch and above size
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 15:39   #10064
Senior - BHPian

Keep the TV in quick start mode, and instead of 6 seconds it starts immediately
Quote:
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 16:57   #10065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wondering why does it take 150 seconds? I have 50" smart TV and it is just a matter of seconds. Am I missing something?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks