Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2021, 13:44   #9946
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Primary TV, in the hall. Viewing distance 10ft.

Suggestions I have got are for Haier and Lloyd. Not by salesperson, but by someone at one of Bangalore's leading showrooms, and who has a good view of model movement
Wouldn't recommend Haier or Lloyd as after-sales is bound to be an issue. Plus, both brands are not as known for their TVs compared to other options available. You should look at Samsung, Sony, LG or VU/Hisense. Panasonic used to be good, but I wasn't impressed with their recent models.

Also, since this is going to be your primary living room TV, you should opt for 40" or 43" atleast, unless there is a space constraint. A viewing distance of 10 feet is ideal for 40"+ size easily.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 19:05   #9947
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
As a primary tv and that too in the hall I suggest atleast a 43 inch TV.

Won't recommend Haier and Lloyd as their sales are very less and service could be an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Wouldn't recommend Haier or Lloyd as after-sales is bound to be an issue.
Thanks, guys. Will keep the service and quality comments from you when I go and check the brands in the showroom.

1. We are not TV crazy. I myself dont watch any TV/movies etc.
2. Picture and Sound quality more important than size of screen.
3. One Key requirement is it should work with wi-fi: some youtube, some shows & stuff - basically what we can get via internet is fair enough. We have Airtel fibre broadband.

regarding size, I am also looking at the size of the panel where it will be mounted on.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 19:20   #9948
BHPian

Hello people,

Any good FHD 40" TV within 25-30k? Need it as a secondary TV with viewing distance of ~5ft.
Old 20th August 2021, 21:34   #9949
BHPian

Quote:

1. We are not TV crazy. I myself dont watch any TV/movies etc.
2. Picture and Sound quality more important than size of screen.
3. One Key requirement is it should work with wi-fi: some Youtube, some shows & stuff - basically what we can get via internet is fair enough. We have Airtel fibre broadband.

regarding size, I am also looking at the size of the panel where it will be mounted on.
Do let us know which one you finally decide to go for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resfeber View Post
Any good FHD 40" TV within 25-30k? Need it as a secondary TV with viewing distance of ~5ft.
-OnePlus Y Series 43" (29k)

-VU Premium UHD 43PM 43" (32k)

-Panasonic 40" TH40HS450DX (32k)

-Samsung 43" UA43TE50FAKXXL (32k)

- LG 43" 43LM5650PTA (34k)

There are other options available from TCL, Toshiba, Motorola etc, but not sure about the after-sales support. Always better to play safe and opt for an established brand.
Old 21st August 2021, 11:51   #9950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As a primary tv and that too in the hall I suggest atleast a 43 inch TV. ... So, for 10 feet go for minimum 43 inch.
Quote:
Do let us know which one you finally decide to go for.
Did a first look at the Reliance digital showroom. Thanks, guys. 32" out, 43" better.

I didnt look at the chinese brands like TCL, OP etc. Did compare the Sony/LG/Samsung. Samsung pic looked better.

However, while casually viewing the other pieces, I found the 43" non-smart BPL to have a pretty decent picture. It was priced 25k, though their Smart 43" was about 35k (still 3-4K below the LG/Samsung types).

Yet to decide.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 12:36   #9951
BHPian

Quote:
However, while casually viewing the other pieces, I found the 43" non-smart BPL to have a pretty decent picture. It was priced 25k, though their Smart 43" was about 35k (still 3-4K below the LG/Samsung types).
I didn’t know BPL still exists. I remember that was the first tv in our house

I intend to buy a tv very soon and my first requirement was it should be a non-smart tv (I like fire stick). However within 10 minutes of online research, that seemed a lost cause.
Thanks for sharing about BPL non smart tv. Did you come across any 50 or 55 inch tv from them as well?
Old 21st August 2021, 12:40   #9952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Thanks for sharing about BPL non smart tv. Did you come across any 50 or 55 inch tv from them as well?
We have had a few BPL stuff in our house, the fridge being the longest that - close to 20 yrs,.

I didnt check for the 50/55 versions. But I will be going to another showroom here soon. Will let you know.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 12:52   #9953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didn’t know BPL still exists. I remember that was the first tv in our house

I intend to buy a tv very soon and my first requirement was it should be a non-smart tv (I like fire stick). However within 10 minutes of online research, that seemed a lost cause.
From a manufacturer BPL has become a trader/reseller. We had their Refrigerator - BPL Sanyo, Gas cooking Range again BPL Sanyo. After a few years there was just no support from them (parts not available). So I would be way of buying BPL.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 12:57   #9954
BHPian

Quote:
We have had a few BPL stuff in our house, the fridge being the longest that - close to 20 yrs,.

I didnt check for the 50/55 versions. But I will be going to another showroom here soon. Will let you know.
Thanks Condor. I just looked at Reliance Digital website and seems the biggest non smart tv in BPL’s catalogue is 43 inch.

Based on your post about picture quality, I might check out the 50 inch tv in person at Reliance digital.

Did some further digging. It seems BPL is neither selling through Amazon, nor they have a website to showcase products. The latter is weird considering the world we live in today. Just thought of sharing since you are closer to making a purchase.

Edit: Just saw Aroy’s post. Seems inline with what I was trying to share with Condor.

Last edited by warrioraks : 21st August 2021 at 13:00.
Old 22nd August 2021, 11:28   #9955
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't know BPL still exists. Fond memories of having a BPL TV and Refrigerator at home way back, was really great back then. Not sure if the after-sales record would be anything great right now, considering they had gone defunct sometime back. Sorry to sound like a broken record, but would still advise you to go for an established brand for the added peace of mind. Considering that all of us retain TVs for a long period, a 3-4k difference now would prove to be beneficial in the long run anyway.

Quote:

Thanks for sharing about BPL non smart tv.
There are a couple of non-smart TVs on offer from good brands:

- Samsung 43" UA43N5100ARXXL
- LG 43" 43LK5260PTA
- Sony 40" KLV40R252F

However, considering that Smart TVs are readily available, and in some cases, for equivalent or lower prices than non-smart, you can always plug-in the Firestick to the Smart TV and enjoy the experience. That's what I've done with my Samsung Smart TV in the bedroom. Also, the Smart range being the current trend, the sales support would definitely be much better.
Old 22nd August 2021, 13:38   #9956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I would be wary of BPL due to after sales service.

These are few good ones I found on Amazon for 43 inch.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-screenshot_20210822133532_amazon.jpg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-screenshot_20210822133434_amazon.jpg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-screenshot_20210822133416_amazon.jpg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-screenshot_20210822133345_amazon.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 14:17   #9957
BHPian

Quote:

There are a couple of non-smart TVs on offer from good brands:

- Samsung 43" UA43N5100ARXXL
- LG 43" 43LK5260PTA
- Sony 40" KLV40R252F

However, considering that Smart TVs are readily available, and in some cases, for equivalent or lower prices than non-smart, you can always plug-in the Firestick to the Smart TV and enjoy the experience. That's what I've done with my Samsung Smart TV in the bedroom. Also, the Smart range being the current trend, the sales support would definitely be much better.
My need is 50 or 55 inch. These seem to be coming in smart avatars only.

Based on my online research (and budget), the following three are short listed. Samsung is the front-runner because of the brand name and your earlier comments in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-abbde83cc3384a8cb6c157a7b160da58.png  

warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 15:54   #9958
BHPian

Quote:
Based on my online research (and budget), the following three are short listed. Samsung is the front-runner because of the brand name and your earlier comments in this thread.
The Samsung Crystal TV is a good choice
Old 22nd August 2021, 17:50   #9959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My need is 50 or 55 inch. These seem to be coming in smart avatars only.

If the budget is 50k I will suggest get the Hisense 55 inch. It doesn't looks much but when you start viewing the difference in experience of 50 inch and 55 inch is a good one.
Samsung crystal 55 inch is for 58k.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 19:10   #9960
BHPian

Quote:
If the budget is 50k I will suggest get the Hisense 55 inch. It doesn't looks much but when you start viewing the difference in experience of 50 inch and 55 inch is a good one.
Samsung crystal 55 inch is for 58k.
You are right. My budget is 50k. Although Hisense has great reviews, most probably I will stretch for Samsung 55 inch. Also hoping that festive season will bring down the prices by a few thousands.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks