Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2021, 08:03   #9931
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi4Life View Post
I forgot to mention though, the peak brightness for Samsungs isin't great and daytime viewing (if your living room has plenty of sunshine) will result in noticable reflections off the screen. You should look for models with peak brightness of at least 1000nits, unless most of your viewing is in the evening, or the ambient daytime light isin't overbearing.
That is a great point which is often overlooked.

Can you help in understanding how to find the nits on a tv? The online listing on Amazon for the TVs I browsed didn’t seem to have these details.
Old 7th August 2021, 13:05   #9932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post

Can you help in understanding how to find the nits on a tv? The online listing on Amazon for the TVs I browsed didn’t seem to have these details.
I have found a good article that provides relevant information, particularly on models available in India.

https://onsitego.com/blog/hdr-tv-per...20performance.
TDCi4Life is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 15:14   #9933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post

The popular brands like Samsung/Sony/LG etc you can read reviews at rtings.com

That is why none of the cheaper brand 4k tvs are worth it. Sadly to get satisfactory HDR performance, these tvs cost pretty penny.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 10:30   #9934
Senior - BHPian

Looks like TV prices have shot up over the last year. I was watching a year old review of the Vu 55 inch on youtube. The reviewer was saying that the price was 32k. Now I see the price is 40K on amazon and flipkart. Any point in waiting - will there be better discounts in the diwali sale ?
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 20:54   #9935
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, thinking of the Samsung USA32T4900 model year 2021. Any thoughts/feedback on this ?

Compared to the 2020 model, this one is listed as having 40W /4ch audio.

https://www.samsung.com/in/tvs/hd-tv...a32t4900akxxl/
Old 19th August 2021, 22:42   #9936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Now I see the price is 40K on amazon and flipkart. Any point in waiting - will there be better discounts in the diwali sale ?
The BBD sale will start around 7th October. The TV prices will be definitely lowest during the sale period compared to any given day.

Are you specifically looking at VU? HiSense TVs are also available at similar prices as VU. VU has been selling rebranded HiSense TVs all these years. So you can pick either based on prices during the sale period.

Regarding prices, VU TVs should be bought from Flipkart rather than Amazon for lowest prices.

Last year prices:
50” (30k), 55” (35k), 65” (49k).

You can still have 55” for around 39k which I feel is a fair price. During BBD sale, i expect prices to be similar to the 2020 ones i.e. 35k-ish for 55” model.

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/jc0XCWuuuN

Lot of things have changed in the last one year. Our Govt. has banned the import of TVs from China. Prices went up over the next 3-4 months after this rule was passed.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 23:06   #9937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Folks, thinking of the Samsung USA32T4900 model year 2021. Any thoughts/feedback on this ?

Compared to the 2020 model, this one is listed as having 40W /4ch audio.

https://www.samsung.com/in/tvs/hd-tv...a32t4900akxxl/
Isn't it very much overpriced. Usually 32 inch TVs are in 15-17K range
Old 20th August 2021, 02:41   #9938
BHPian

Quote:
This is overpriced.

I had bought the Samsung 32 inch Smart HD LED (2021 model) for 16k in April. There are many options available now, you should check them out.
Old 20th August 2021, 07:01   #9939
Distinguished - BHPian

So what would be the fair price for this one ? I wont be paying the sticker price, anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
I had bought the Samsung 32 inch Smart HD LED (2021 model) for 16k in April..
Which one ?. There are many 32" models out there.
Old 20th August 2021, 10:55   #9940
BANNED

I am planning to upgrade the TV at my parents' place. I am looking between 43" Samsung crystal model (AUE60 or AUE70) and 43" LG' UP75 series 2021 model (UP7500 / UP7550). Both are priced similarly. While Samsung uses a VA panel, LG uses a DLED IPS panel. I don't have any exposure to either of WebOS or Tyzen OS.

What do you all suggest, should I go for the LG / Samsung comparing display quality, panel used, build quality and most importantly OS and interface and smart TV character usability etc?

Details of both TV can be found below:
Samsung crystal
LG UP75
Old 20th August 2021, 11:14   #9941
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I am looking between 43" Samsung crystal model (AUE60 or AUE70) and 43" LG' UP75 series 2021 model (UP7500 / UP7550). Both are priced similarly.
My LG IPS (it's 42" or 43", I forgot) is around 5-6 years old. It worked fine for around 3 years & then turned into a lemon. Some new problem every year. OTOH, my earlier LG CRT lasted 10 years with 0 maintenance cost.

I had a similar difference in experience between older & new LG washing machine also.

I have totally lost trust in LG because of this. The next time my LG TV gives some issue I will not repair it but go for a Sony or a Samsung TV.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 11:21   #9942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post

Are you specifically looking at VU? HiSense TVs are also available at similar prices as VU. VU has been selling rebranded HiSense TVs all these years. So you can pick either based on prices during the sale period.
I have a 40 inch Vu TV that I bought some 4-5 years ago. It has served me well that's why I was thinking of buying it again. I didn't know that VU was selling rebranded HiSense TVs. Will wait to see if there are any good deals during the BBD sale by Flipkart.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 11:37   #9943
BHPian

Quote:
So what would be the fair price for this one ? I wont be paying the sticker price, anyway.
Which one ?. There are many 32" models out there.
Paying anything above 20k for a 32" TV right now is a complete loot. Actually even 20k is a stretch, ideal range is 16-18k max. Is this going to be your primary TV, or a bedroom use types? Can accordingly recommend options.

Attaching a pic of the Samsung model I had purchased below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I am planning to upgrade the TV at my parents' place. I am looking between 43" Samsung crystal model (AUE60 or AUE70) and 43" LG' UP75 series 2021 model (UP7500 / UP7550). Both are priced similarly. While Samsung uses a VA panel, LG uses a DLED IPS panel. I don't have any exposure to either of WebOS or Tyzen OS. What do you all suggest, should I go for the LG / Samsung comparing display quality, panel used, build quality and most importantly OS and interface and smart TV character usability etc?
Personally prefer Tizen (Samsung) over WebOS (LG). Samsung has worked on Tizen and made it quite seamless these days. However, utility and ease-of-use wise, the Android interface is better.

Both panels you mentioned are good. Frankly, on a daily basis, the type of panel doesn't really matter, unless you're shopping for a high-end and bigger screen TV. If your viewing angles are going to be normal and majorly from the front, you need not worry.

Have never had a good experience with LG TVs, while Samsung has been consistently good, so would recommend that. However, if you're not fixated on just these 2 brands, would advise to check out Hisense or VU too. VU actually rebrands the Hisense panels. Both have a good track record and pocket-friendly too.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_20210820_111434.jpg  

IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 12:22   #9944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Is this going to be your primary TV, or a bedroom use types? .
Primary TV, in the hall. Viewing distance 10ft.

Suggestions I have got are for Haier and Lloyd. Not by salesperson, but by someone at one of Bangalore's leading showrooms, and who has a good view of model movement
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 13:05   #9945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Primary TV, in the hall. Viewing distance 10ft.

Suggestions I have got are for Haier and Lloyd. Not by salesperson, but by someone at one of Bangalore's leading showrooms, and who has a good view of model movement
As a primary tv and that too in the hall I suggest atleast a 43 inch TV. 32 inch is too small for a distance of 10ft.
For eg- I have a Sony 55 inch in bedroom and viewing distance is 9 feet. Now I feel I should have got a 65 inch. In hall viewing distance of 8-12 feet we have a 43 inch which we are now replacing with a 55 inch as 43 seems a bit small.

So, for 10 feet go for minimum 43 inch.
Brands which have decent reviews are LG, Samsung, Vu, Hisense and even Motorola has very good reviews.

Won't recommend Haier and Lloyd as their sales are very less and service could be an issue.

Last edited by harry10 : 20th August 2021 at 13:07.

Most Viewed