Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2019, 11:47   #9181
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

How good is to purchase a TV from online stores like Flipkart and Amazon ? Is it trust worthy?
Old 12th November 2019, 14:00   #9182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
How good is to purchase a TV from online stores like Flipkart and Amazon ? Is it trust worthy?
I would have blindly recommended Amazon till a year or two back, but not so sure now.

Why don’t you bargain hard at local showrooms? Here in Cochin at least, the major ones were willing to offer comparable prices relative to online, few thousands here or there. I bought a 55” Panasonic from a showroom just last week and did get a very competitive price.
Old 12th November 2019, 14:12   #9183
BHPian

Quote:
Got a Kodak Xpro 40 inch smart tv from Flipkart last month. Price was 15K. Delivery done within the promised date. Installation done within 48 hours after delivery. And the tv has performed flawlessly so far.
Old 13th November 2019, 14:21   #9184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
I would have blindly recommended Amazon till a year or two back, but not so sure now.

Why don’t you bargain hard at local showrooms? Here in Cochin at least, the major ones were willing to offer comparable prices relative to online, few thousands here or there. I bought a 55” Panasonic from a showroom just last week and did get a very competitive price.
My experience last year was see Amazon prices and then go to offline store. In my case, offline store (Croma) had a price that was lower by 5000-7000 for my TV. Since I bought two, gain was 12000. Plus install/delivery in 24 hours. So Amazon/flipkart can be used as reference and in case, offline is higher, show them amazon price. In most cases, they may match or beat it.
vasudeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 11:10   #9185
Senior - BHPian

Even I used the Amazon/Flipkart prices as starting point for negotiations in the stores and got much better deal.

The brick and mortar stores are now wise to the e-commerce discounts and have managed to get their act together to get better discounts from the manufacturers and the Banks.
Old 14th November 2019, 13:18   #9186
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a 75 inch TV from Amazon in January. It was delivered promptly with no issues.
Old 18th November 2019, 14:12   #9187
BHPian

The new gen TVs or HTs does not require a stabilizer is what I am told. I am looking for a stabilizer for my 50" TV and HT.

Our area does not have power fluctuation, but in any case.... Do we need a stabilizer?
Can someone suggest good stabilizer?

I looked in Flipkart and Amazon and the prices are hovering around ~3 to ~3.5k. I checked this one : https://www.flipkart.com/microtek-em...place=FLIPKART which is approx 1.6k. But this does not seem to match my 50" TV. But the questions and answers section says can be used for 50".

Last edited by deemash : 18th November 2019 at 14:13.
Old 18th November 2019, 16:36   #9188
BHPian

Quote:
The new gen TVs or HTs does not require a stabilizer is what I am told. I am looking for a stabilizer for my 50" TV and HT.

Our area does not have power fluctuation, but in any case.... Do we need a stabilizer?
Can someone suggest good stabilizer?

I looked in Flipkart and Amazon and the prices are hovering around ~3 to ~3.5k. I checked this one : https://www.flipkart.com/microtek-em...place=FLIPKART which is approx 1.6k. But this does not seem to match my 50" TV. But the questions and answers section says can be used for 50".
When I bought my 50 inches TV 4 years back, I bought V-Guard Digi 200 stabilizer which is designed for 50 inches and more TVs. You can check this out. The TV was transported from abroad to India but it was damaged in transit. I bought the stabilizer before even opening the TV package Hence the stabilizer was never used and I couldn't give you any feedback on it.

Last edited by emkay.india : 18th November 2019 at 16:41.
Old 20th November 2019, 00:30   #9189
BHPian

Need some advice. I am looking for a 50-55 inches TV. Budget is around 50K. Lower the better. However, don't want to go beyond 70K. I will use it for Netflix, PS3/4, Youtube, Prime, Hotstar etc. Will be primary TV for about 2 years before i add an OLED TV, for which i will splurge. So don't want to spend too much on this. Will move this TV to the bedroom later on.

Have looked at few options:

1. Vu TV on Flipkart: https://www.flipkart.com/vu-premium-...oduct.share.pp

This is about 36K but how good is it?

2. Checked out couple of options offline today. Samsung and LG are good for 55 inches 4K UHD TV at Chroma. But both are about 70K. Is it better to spend a bit on these rather than cheaper options? There was a Hitachi also for about 50K. Seemed decent. I am sure i could have gotten it for lesser if i had negotiated a bit more for all of these.

3. Also checked Mi TV 55 inches for 40K. Looked good.

What should i do? Should i just pick up some cheap one from FK/Amazon or spend a bit more on Samsung/LG/Hitachi etc? Is it worth the extra moolah?
Old 20th November 2019, 06:25   #9190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post

What should i do?
Since you intend to keep it for 2 years, go for the VU Pixelight range, instead of Mi, LG, etc.
It's cheaper than the Android variant, has IMO runs the apps you want. The Vu Pixelight series is a DirectLED TV vs the Edge LED TV (Mi). So the screen remains evenly bright.

3 of my relatives have bought it and are really happy with VU.
Old 20th November 2019, 09:54   #9191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am looking out to a buy a TV. How good are Vu TV's. Could hear mixed response from the public.
You will get value for money in VU. Please do not expect Sony like sound or picture quality but good enough.

Quote:
Chroma offered to match the Amazon prices for the VU tv, not flipkart prices. And since Flipkart was the cheapest, I bought from there. The delivery was bang on the date mentioned before placing an order. The installation was done within 6 hours of the delivery even though the TAT promised was 48 hours. The installation person was well-spoken and knew his stuff. Most importantly, he was not in a hurry at all and was patient with the installation and setup.

Quote:
Need some advice. I am looking for a 50-55 inches TV. Budget is around 50K. Lower the better. However, don't want to go beyond 70K. I will use it for Netflix, PS3/4, Youtube, Prime, Hotstar etc. Will be primary TV for about 2 years before i add an OLED TV, for which i will splurge. So don't want to spend too much on this. Will move this TV to the bedroom later on.
VU is not as good as the other brands you have checked out, but it is damn good for the price it sells at. The only problem I have with it is the fast moving sports images, although that could be Hotstar's problem also. I will check out sports on my DTH connection soon.

Tip: The Android version does not come with Amazon prime preinstalled but is very easy to sideload it, so do not worry on that count. I haven't tried sideloading Netflix yet. If you want both of these preloaded, then go for the Pixelight version but you will lose out of 5ghz wifi connectivity and bluetooth.

Quote:
Also checked Mi TV 55 inches for 40K. Looked good.
When I was buying my TV, I also checked out both. At that time, the Mi55 inch was a generation older than the Mi50/65inch TV and the difference was quite obvious. So unless MI has launched a newer generation of 55, please compare Mi50/65 with Vu55 and then take a call. Another thing that tilted the balance in VU's favour was that I could purchase an extended warranty of 2 years, while the MI offered only 1 year extended warranty.

Last edited by Eddy : 20th November 2019 at 09:58.
Old 20th November 2019, 11:05   #9192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Need some advice. I am looking for a 50-55 inches TV. Budget is around 50K.
Few months back I got a Panasonic (TH-50FS600D) for my parents. If I remember correctly we paid around Rs.43-44K. Good one with easy-to-use apps for Netflix, YouTube, Prime etc.
Old 20th November 2019, 11:16   #9193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Need some advice.
You could take a look at TCL as well. I went through the whole range of the budget brands before closing on this. I see the 55 listed for somewhere around 34k on Amazon. I picked mine up from a Croma for 3 k extra because they gave me an additional 18 months of warranty. Amazon was only providing 18 months total.
In the store, in direct comparison to Sonys and LGs, the picture did seem a bit dull in comparison, but at home, I am unable to pick a flaw. The system boots up pretty quickly too.
Old 20th November 2019, 12:10   #9194
Senior - BHPian

When we bought our TV, we did a thorough research on prices and went to the malls for first hand experience.

VU and MI were good for the price, but once we saw LG, Sony and Samsung there was no competition.

We ultimately went for LG 55" 4K TV. The LG shop after a lot of reluctance matched the Online/Chroma price. The discount was nearly 8K over the 72K price which itself is lower than the 1L list price. With discounts came 3 year warranty from LG.

The only hitch is that the TV had to be bought on EMI from ICICI and the interest will be returned only after the EMI is over, effectively a lock in period of six months for 8K.

The TV is android and comes with Netflix, Prime Video etc. The image quality is very good (but Oled TV is better marginally) and the 20W sound is enough for us but kids want a better quality so we can run it through a music system for them.
Old 20th November 2019, 14:10   #9195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Check the TCL P65 series . We have one at home and are pretty happy with it. At under 30K for 50 inch, it offers good VFM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks