Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2019, 20:15   #9121
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I thought the TV alone was 36k. Can you give more details please? TIA
The whole setup costs 40.5 K as the soundbar costs 4.5 K. ICICI credit card provides for 4K instant discount. For soundbar, I could also use 200 plus coins (or whatever that is). So, I paid 36.3 K.
Old 2nd October 2019, 22:11   #9122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post

@freak, how old is your TV. I have a 3 year old Sony Android TV so will it have chromecast built in.
Thanks in advance.

Ordered day before yesterday from flipkart, yet to be delivered.
Old 2nd October 2019, 22:15   #9123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Samsung has a Frame Series which comes with QLED panels (which Oneplus is claiming but not really giving). It usually retails around 1 big one but is available for 75-ish on Flipkart during the sale. It's a no brainer for anyone who is planning to put that kind of money on the TV. It comes with a 10-year warranty on the panel.

Coming to my own purchase:

I ordered Oneplus TV for 70 K which included a free Alexa speaker. It was costing me around 58 K after including all kinds of cashback and discounts. I, however, canceled the order the next day. I wasn't sure of putting that kind of money on an upstart.
Thank you for your reply and explanation.
I checked out the below TV.
Samsung Frame QLED

Checked the exchange offer on my Sony and was getting Rs 14500 off. Seemed like a nice buy but since it will be table mounted, my TV stand is not that big and that Rs 14500 will go to buy a new stand. So dropped the idea for now.

Then I found two incidents on Twitter about the Flipkart billion dollar sale and how customers ordered costly stuff and were given cheaper stuff.

This gentleman bought a Rs 90,000 laptop and on opening found a Rs 30,000 Acer laptop.
https://twitter.com/avikbellic911/st...26209012776961

This gentleman bought a Rs 40,000 laptop and received a Rs 20,000 laptop.
https://twitter.com/SulabhSaurabh/st...45891729268739

These few incidents further convinced me to not bother buying a costly item online. Will go to stores during these Dusshera days and again Diwali and see what deals are available locally.

I am sure similar stories may be happening on Amazon sale too but have not checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak View Post
Ordered day before yesterday from flipkart, yet to be delivered.
@ freak, kindly go through the twitter thread of the guy who bought a Rs 90,000 laptop that I have pasted above.
One person suggested to him that when the product is delivered, ask the delivery guy to open it and video record the entire process.
In case of any mis-selling, you have video proof and can take a written statement of the delivery guy.
Then the online seller cannot wash his hands off saying that a delivery was made.

Last edited by Ithaca : 2nd October 2019 at 22:18.
Old 3rd October 2019, 03:42   #9124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Best option is to not get any warranty. Why incur a sure loss of 18k on a purchase of less than 1 lakh? Nothing happens to TVs for a few years most of the time. Extended warranties make money for the companies as the chances of any repair are slim in the first few years. A few years down the road, you might want to upgrade to a bigger TV anyway. I would take a chance on having to pay 30k for a possible repair that probably won’t be required rather than take a sure loss of 18k upfront.
Thanks, that's another thought and valid. The LG service guy told me that I have got the TV for a good discount, the panel change itself may require 100+K in case if I have to do it in future so keeping an extended warranty would be a good idea.

I know, usually nothing happens, usage at my home is pretty conservative/less. I don't use any smart features or anything, I got the OLED purely for the picture quality, and for the great display it has.

I already have the 2 yrs warranty from LG (1+1). The great question here is whether to spend ~53K to purchase additional 3 years warranty OR use that to purchase a new OLED again at great discount!!!
Old 3rd October 2019, 08:18   #9125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I already have the 2 yrs warranty from LG (1+1). The great question here is whether to spend ~53K to purchase additional 3 years warranty OR use that to purchase a new OLED again at great discount!!!
I have a 3+ years Sony Android 55 inch tv which developed problems after Sony provided extended warranty expired. This was during this monsoon season and on starting the TV, lines would come on the screen but all would be ok after a few minutes.
Service center informed me it would cost approx ₹45,000 + for panel replacement.
I thought it was not worth and fellow members here convinced me not to bother.
Now as the rains are over and temperatures increasing, I am not having the lines problem any more.

I think LG is charging too much for your extended warranty. As others have suggested, go off an insurance rather than spending on extended warranty.
If it works flawlessly for two years and beyond, consider it a good buy and use the money you would have spent on extended warranty towards your next TV purchase.
Old 3rd October 2019, 08:28   #9126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I have a 3+ years Sony Android 55 inch tv which developed problems after Sony provided extended warranty expired. This was during this monsoon season and on starting the TV, lines would come on the screen but all would be ok after a few minutes.
Service center informed me it would cost approx ₹45,000 + for panel replacement.
I thought it was not worth and fellow members here convinced me not to bother.
Now as the rains are over and temperatures increasing, I am not having the lines problem any more.
If it is not all the time it could be as simple as the ribbon cable connecting the panel from the motherboard. If possible try disconnecting and re-seating it or just replace the cable. The only solution for every problem the service centre has is replace the panel/motherboard because if the panel/motherboard is good they will just refurbish it and sell it to an innocent customer.
Old 3rd October 2019, 09:59   #9127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
If it is not all the time it could be as simple as the ribbon cable connecting the panel from the motherboard.
.....sell it to an innocent customer.
At the first instance of the problem, I called service centre & the guy they sent did exactly what you mentioned. Cleaned the terminals and when problem persisted, he said either T-Comm board or panel was gone.

Your last sentence is so true & sad that it happens.
Old 3rd October 2019, 11:41   #9128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Panel changed at your own cost? If not, how was the experience?

There were no questions asked, all I had to do was make a video and send it to VU customer support via email. Their technician came and replaced the TV with new unit. As the TV is still under warranty, I did not had to pay anything.

Upon more research, I found that the problem was not of TV, but with amazon firestick. Whenever I switch the display output to 4K 60 Hz on firestick the line appears. I also have a PS4 connected with 4K and 60Hz output, on it there is no white line issue.
Old 3rd October 2019, 11:54   #9129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Any experience with VU 55 inch 4K pixelight TV (55BPX).
Quote:
I am also considering it.
Would suggest you to be careful with VU tv's.

My Experience after buying 2 VU TV's has been pathetic to say the least. Yesterday the 43 Inch VU tv stopped working, this was 19 months old TV. .Service center guys said the panel has gone off and the charges to replace it was 18k.

OS is slow.
No updates from VU on the OS even after 2 years.
Unknown errors on Amazon prime , netflix keep popping up. Does not connect to Google play , always gives an error username/password is incorrect.
Service is very lethargic.

On the other hand experience with MI TV has been good so far.
Old 3rd October 2019, 12:00   #9130
Distinguished - BHPian

Are non-smart tvs available still? in 55 inch?Budget brands.
Are they cheaper than their smart counterparts?
Old 3rd October 2019, 20:30   #9131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Rare to find in the market, but don't lose hope, relatively less jazzy displays may be around. I wish all I spend goes towards the best quality of display I can get and decent connectivity so I can always user other devices and not have to rely on TV apps to be smart all the times. TV companies would start ignoring the smart features, apps, updates within a couple of years as they bring in a new tv or tech, I'm not so smart user and not use those smart features a lot. However, for most users out there, smart features mean a lot, whether they use them effectively and long enough is another topic.
Old 4th October 2019, 15:45   #9132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sanyo has one in 49 inch - XT-49S7100F . It is a full HD model . I am yet to come across a dumb 4K TV .
Old 4th October 2019, 15:55   #9133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Rare to--snip---hey use them effectively and long enough is another topic.
I only use my firestick, USB drives or Laptop to watch content. Plus, an external android device helps me by not being tied into the OS and the manufacturers wishes about what to support, and when to upgrade.
Secondly, All of these smart TVs have boot up times, which is a no no , and to be avoided as long as possible. However, it seems that time has come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Sanyo has one in 49 inch - XT-49S7100F . It is a full HD model . I am yet to come across a dumb 4K TV .
Thanks. But My minimum size requirement is 55 inches. If I dont find anything, ill just go all out for a 65 inch from a budget brand.
Old 4th October 2019, 16:00   #9134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Secondly, All of these smart TVs have boot up times, which is a no no , and to be avoided as long as possible. However, it seems that time has come.

Thanks. But My minimum size requirement is 55 inches. If I dont find anything, ill just go all out for a 65 inch from a budget brand.
Smart TV's from good brands like Sony, Panasonic have boot times of less than 10 seconds.It would take more than that for your fire TV/Netflix stick to start displaying content.
Old 4th October 2019, 20:22   #9135
Senior - BHPian

Boot time is instant in both our TVs - Sony and LG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Smart TV's from good brands like Sony, Panasonic have boot times of less than 10 seconds.It would take more than that for your fire TV/Netflix stick to start displaying content.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks