Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2014, 20:21   #7621
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

murillo.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If it's a brand new piece & is priced competitively you can go with eyes closed . There won't be anything coming closer to these in anytime in near future . Can you share details of online seller & the model / prices offered by him
Hi, there should be something wrong with the way I was trying to quote this, I reloaded page multiple times to ensure its not multiquote but could still see some other quotes showing up so just cleaned it manually.

I found that on Amazon, some seller from UP. I called him to find out more details but he continued to tell me that its going to be Panasonic India warranty which should be 1 year, he wasn't too sure. He told me that there is another customer also enquiring for this product for which he has this last piece left. He was quoting 96.5K for TC-P50ST60.

I wasn't too sure about the price and warranty and didn't have complete confidence in buying so told him that I will let him know later point in case if I decide to go with that. Immediately after I disconnected the phone, I see my amazon page got refreshed automatically, stating the product/item is no more available!! I contacted him few hours later again asking if it was sold, he said yes, it looks like its been sold! Not sure if it was for real or not, doesn't make any difference to me since I was anyway not going to rush for sure. However, if I'm getting a good deal for ST60 series, I'd surely go for it is what I think, post going over quite some reviews in the afternoon.
Old 6th October 2014, 21:36   #7622
Senior - BHPian

Bought 55 inch Sony W950B

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-imageuploadedbyteambhp1412611238.978724.jpg
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-imageuploadedbyteambhp1412611294.211949.jpg
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-imageuploadedbyteambhp1412611328.768718.jpg

It's been 3 months since I have had it. So far good, for us it was a transition from CRT and was little worried how SD feed will fair on the LCD TV. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting to be, in fact, better than CRT I would say.

Last edited by ecenandu : 6th October 2014 at 21:37.
Old 6th October 2014, 21:56   #7623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
However, if I'm getting a good deal for ST60 series, I'd surely go for it is what I think, post going over quite some reviews in the afternoon.
I wouldn't be so determined to get the Panasonic plasma if I were you. You already know it is discontinued. The company warranty used to be three years. So let me tell you my story.

Mine conked off few months back within warranty period. Since same model is not available anymore they offered an LED with less features. So I rejected and they gave me full refund. Some other people are not so lucky, they got refund with deductions. Even with full refund getting a new LED TV (plasmas are being phased out by every company) with equivalent features costs much more money. So I ended spending extra money when I am not prepared for it. Even after spending more money I now have a slower, less featured, lower picture quality TV, no more 3D. It's also called the plasma withdrawal syndrome!

With one year warranty your situation will be more delicate.
Old 8th October 2014, 19:22   #7624
BHPian

Any feedback for Micromax 32T1111HD 32 inch LED at 15,000 Rs i am thinking of replacing sony 21 CRT in my mom's room.

Kindly advise ..
Old 8th October 2014, 20:19   #7625
Senior - BHPian

I went to Reliance Digital to check UHD TV above 40 ". I saw Samsung 47/48 " UHD TV and it was fantastic. But the real winner was Samsung UHD curved TV, it was awesome. But the price was too steep at Rs 2,94,000.

My next TV is definitely going to be an UHD TV above 40 "

The showroom guy told me that they are expecting UHD STBs from TATA SKY and other operators soon. Not sure how true his claims are though.
Old 8th October 2014, 21:47   #7626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Bought 55 inch Sony

It's been 3 months since I have had it. So far good, for us it was a transition from CRT and was little worried how SD feed will fair on the LCD TV. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting to be, in fact, better than CRT I would say.
Sonys tend to have best picture setting under Cinema scene. Please try it if you have not done so yet.
Old 11th October 2014, 22:11   #7627
Team-BHP Support

Getting a good deal on SnapDeal for 60 Inch Panasonic LED - any experiences on SnapDeal for large electronic articles ? Will Panasonic India honour warranty ?
Old 11th October 2014, 22:52   #7628
Senior - BHPian

Warranty is a dicey issue these days for online purchases.
Old 11th October 2014, 23:18   #7629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Getting a good deal on SnapDeal for 60 Inch Panasonic LED - any experiences on SnapDeal for large electronic articles ? Will Panasonic India honour warranty ?
Just got a Philips 50 inch LED TV from snapdeal. Shipping took some time - 8to 10 days after ordered it. Got the invoice as a soft copy but it seems genuine enough with the seller's name address and TIN number too.
Old 11th October 2014, 23:28   #7630
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got the invoice as a soft copy but it seems genuine enough with the seller's name address and TIN number too.
Thanks for the update , did you took help of Philips help line to get this Installed ? I think if they accept request for such purchases then then should honour warranty as well .

None of Panasonic dealers at Chandigarh & Gurgaon can match prices of snapdeal - no idea what's modi operandi of these guys .
Old 12th October 2014, 18:23   #7631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Hi, I am interested in this model for my office.

On inquiring with the local AOC TV distributor, I was informed that this particular model (LE40A6340/61) is exclusive to Reliance Digital, and sadly there are no Reliance Digital stores in Assam.

BTW, how is your ownership experience with it so far? Do you have any idea if this a TN panel of IPS panel? No details on AOC website.

Thanks!
I got it on Sanpadeal. I checked the TV out on reliance digital but the price advantage at Snapdeal was just too luring so... Even I am not sure if this is IPS panel or TN Panel. The overall ownership experience is good.
Old 13th October 2014, 13:03   #7632
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

After a lot of research and checking TVs physically in stores, I zeroed-in to Toshiba 29P2305 in March 2014. I purchased it online from Snapdeal for 18K.

Build: Quality is good and much better than others like Micromax etc which come under this price bracket. Equivalent to Samsung/LG.

Performance: Sound is actually better (10W RMS) than low priced Samsung/LG TVs and picture quality is only very marginally down for the finer tastes. Still I would say, the price differential does not justify here. The refresh rate is 100 Hz and you will not get it 21-22K Samsung/LG TVs.

After Sales and Durability: TV comes with a three year warranty which is a big statement in itself. Typically after sales support is a bigger issue with cheap products but Toshiba after sales support is top-notch and definitely better than LG or Samsung ( I have had LG WM and Samsung Fridge). Just for example, I called for installation at customer care and they assigned me a ticket. With 45 minutes, I got a call from Local Toshiba Support and in 4 hours installation was done. I changed TV's location and again their guy turned up within 2 hours!!
I have been used to LG/Samsung Support where similar things take at least two days.

Some Advice:
1) Common knowledge though, there is no point in buying FULL HD TV below 40 Inch. Buy HD Ready for TVs upto 32 Inch.
2) Check for Refresh Rate. 50-60 Hz is so last decade and 100 Hz is minimum acceptable standard
3) Check for 2 HDMI ports as minimum. 3 is better. You are likely to connect your camera/ mobile/ chromecast/ appleTV to you TV along with DTH/STB.
4) Check for USB port. One should be enough for Pen Drive/HDD.
Old 16th October 2014, 22:44   #7633
BHPian

Hello All,

I've goot a good deal on Samsung 40EH5000 40 inch LED full HD TV for 36k. It is selling in Snapdeal, Flipkart and other e-stores for more than 50k.

Is it a good buy at 36k considering that it is a couple of years old? There are no smart features like in other smart TVs.
Old 17th October 2014, 16:48   #7634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Hello All,

I've goot a good deal on Samsung 40EH5000 40 inch LED full HD TV for 36k. It is selling in Snapdeal, Flipkart and other e-stores for more than 50k.

Is it a good buy at 36k considering that it is a couple of years old? There are no smart features like in other smart TVs.
36K seems like a nice deal. Smart TV is not that much of a deal breaker. From what I have read, Smart TV's don't get software updates. Hence they become redundant quite fast.

Rather plug a netbook or old laptop if you want to use browser. if you are looking mainly for streaming content then Chromecast @ 3k is a very good option. You have a huge choice here like apple TV, roku etc which get regular updates too.
Old 20th October 2014, 13:40   #7635
BHPian

Big Advert from Videocon a few days back - 55" LED at 1.19 with lots and lots of goodies.

Most importantly - 5 years warranty, offered by no one till date, I reckon!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks