Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2014, 12:48   #7606
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
If you aren't finding any reviews online, then maybe not a lot of people are buying it online. Why don't you go for this instead, if you are willing to take a risk with a newer brand: http://www.flipkart.com/micromax-40t...d-f9a5d2ecb873 If you have any Old device you can get it for cheap under exchange.

Moreover, my cousin used to work for a Mitashi, Funai, and Hyundai TV dealer 2-3 years back. When I was looking out for a 40 incher, he suggested that I rather go with a brand that has a decent service network. And then I settled with Videocon Mirage 40" for 29k under exchange for my 5 year old CRTv. I also got 3 years manufacturer's warranty with it from Croma. Only problem is the sound when you connect you storage device to USB, which can be sorted by a soundbar or a 2.1 system. But the PQ is awesome.
Thank you for clearing my confusion. I will checkout other brands.
Old 21st September 2014, 17:28   #7607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Can you let me know which model it is?
The model is SBS A335
Old 22nd September 2014, 09:53   #7608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijinpr View Post
The model is SBS A335

Thank You. I bought the same model last night. Should get the delivery by evening.
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:55   #7609
BHPian

I have 2 queries
- Has anyone bought 40"+ options from ebay. They appear 30% cheaper than flipkart etc
- Any feedback on Micromax 24" that are available on flipkart
Old 22nd September 2014, 16:10   #7610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I have 2 queries
- Has anyone bought 40"+ options from ebay. They appear 30% cheaper than flipkart etc
- Any feedback on Micromax 24" that are available on flipkart
Most of then are on seller warranty and not manufacturer so beware of that when you buy from eBay and that's why the price difference.
Old 1st October 2014, 12:51   #7611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
Got a 40 inch AOC LED tv for under 25000 from snapdeal. Around 900 rs extra for installments and interest.I had checked Micromax as well but considering that I have a 3 years old AOC LED monitor 20 inch which has worked flawlessly always, I decided to choose the slightly expensive AOC. Love the looks and the bezel is really thin, just 1 cm or so. One gripe though, I called AOC for sending someone for demo and wall mounting. Not much of an issue right now because we will be keeping it on a custom made TV Trolley.

SnapDeal

AOC India site is down though.
Hi, I am interested in this model for my office.

On inquiring with the local AOC TV distributor, I was informed that this particular model (LE40A6340/61) is exclusive to Reliance Digital, and sadly there are no Reliance Digital stores in Assam.

BTW, how is your ownership experience with it so far? Do you have any idea if this a TN panel of IPS panel? No details on AOC website.

Thanks!

Last edited by vikash49 : 1st October 2014 at 12:53.
Old 4th October 2014, 23:19   #7612
BHPian

Hi guys, contemplating to buy the LG 55UB950T led 55 inch have got a deal from Reliance for inr 172000 with a soundbar and 500 GB HDD with few 4K content. Just wondering is LG worth the buy coz I compared it with the UHD samsung 8 series (not curved, since I feel it's not worth the price) and the Sony 4k which is 2.1 lac. LG seemed to be the best in terms of pic quality. Is it a fare choice??
Old 4th October 2014, 23:26   #7613
BHPian

Having a predicament. I ordered a 50 inch Philips tv on snapdeal for about 51k. However after I ordered the price dropped by 3k. I asked if they could cancel the order so I can book again to get the new price (the item was not shipped yet). They said that they cannot cancel as it has been processed already but I could reject the package so it will go back to them.

Now I hate to reject it because it was not really their mistake and it seems morally incorrect to do so as I had agreed for the original price - which BTW is a good deal. Any suggestions on whether I can still cancel the order without having to reject the package after it comes home?
Old 5th October 2014, 12:55   #7614
Senior - BHPian

Why are you even raising this query when you have the answer right there in your own post

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Now I hate to reject it because it was not really their mistake and it seems morally incorrect to do so as I had agreed for the original price - which BTW is a good deal. Any suggestions on whether I can still cancel the order without having to reject the package after it comes home?
Old 5th October 2014, 17:15   #7615
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
contemplating to buy the LG 55UB950T led 55 inch have got a deal from Reliance for inr 172000
check something like this @ Rs 1,60 its quite competitively priced

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/panasonic-th60as700d-60-inches-3d/82780817#bcrumbSearchanasonic|bcrumbLabelId:7
Old 5th October 2014, 18:09   #7616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
check something like this @ Rs 1,60 its quite competitively priced

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/panasonic-th60as700d-60-inches-3d/82780817#bcrumbSearchanasonic|bcrumbLabelId:7
Turbanator the Panasonic is a fullHD whereas the LG is ultra HD ( 4K) plus the Panasonic soes not have the same motion flow or refresh rates, push the colour contrasts are milder to my liking.
Old 6th October 2014, 14:40   #7617
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

does it make sense to go for a Panasonic ST60 series now? I know they have been discontinued. The online seller I was talking to told me it carries the Panasonic India warranty (which I guess used to be 1 year), but haven't clarified any more details. I know OLED or backlit LED should be a good option at this time but I thought I can enjoy the same or better picture quality that ST60 is was popular for, for lesser price than backlit LED. Let me know your views around the purchase and warranty piece in India.
Thanks.
Old 6th October 2014, 15:00   #7618
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Guys,

does it make sense to go for a Panasonic ST60 series now? I know they have been discontinued. The online seller I was talking to told me it carries the Panasonic India warranty (which I guess used to be 1 year), but haven't clarified any more details. I know OLED or backlit LED should be a good option at this time but I thought I can enjoy the same or better picture quality that ST60 is was popular for, for lesser price than backlit LED. Let me know your views around the purchase and warranty piece in India.
Thanks.
Going by the Panasonic service(which is mediocre to bad) and a technology which is dead.I am not sure its good idea.

The contrast will be better if you watch in dark room but in a bright or in daylight they will be inferior to a LED or LCDs.

Last edited by aim120 : 6th October 2014 at 15:01.
Old 6th October 2014, 15:19   #7619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Hi, I am interested in this model for my office.

On inquiring with the local AOC TV distributor, I was informed that this particular model (LE40A6340/61) is exclusive to Reliance Digital, and sadly there are no Reliance Digital stores in Assam.

BTW, how is your ownership experience with it so far? Do you have any idea if this a TN panel of IPS panel? No details on AOC website.

Thanks!
I purchased this TV a few weeks back when Reliance had it on offer. I got it for 25K. Very good deal I should say. And my friend has an AOC monitor that has worked well for years too. That gave me more confidence to purchase this.

No, this is an not an IPS panel. IMHO, compared to the Panasonic LCD that I owned, this TV is a good product too. In terms of picture quality, the whites are a little over-saturated though and feel washed out. Blacks are good, colours are slightly saturated.
Old 6th October 2014, 17:22   #7620
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
does it make sense to go for a Panasonic ST60 series now? I know they have been discontinued. The online seller I was talking to told me it carries the Panasonic India warranty (which I guess used to be 1 year)
If it's a brand new piece & is priced competitively you can go with eyes closed . There won't be anything coming closer to these in anytime in near future . Can you share details of online seller & the model / prices offered by him

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks