Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2014, 14:45   #7516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I remember some members on another forum got it for around 1.8 lac last year. Not sure what the current price is. Please check hifivision forum as well.

F150 is referring to the risk due to display of static content for several hours. This causes image retention and in worst case, burn in.

I am not sure if this particular model exhibits this behavior or not.
Thank you SUN.
Yes you are correct about my question.

Akshay do you see any issues ?
Old 1st August 2014, 14:55   #7517
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys, planning to purchase an LED television - 40 inch. My budget is a maximum of 35k. I own a Panny LCD TV - 32inch and love it. All of 3 years, it has served me well.

Now, I want your honest opinions. How are the Vu Televisions? I see a VU 40K16 40 inches TV for 30k on Flipkart. And also a Philips 40PFL4758 39 inches LED TV for 32k. What differentiates these form their higher priced models?

No, 2 HDMI ports are good enough for me. And sound output isn't a deal-killer since I have hooked up the sound outputs to my amp and floorstanders anyway.

Also, is it a good time to go bigger and buy a Plasma panel? Yes, it might be on the way out but still, nothing to beat the PQ of a plasma right?
Can someone help
Old 1st August 2014, 15:02   #7518
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help
Why dont you check out Toshiba P2305 and L3300 models? About 35K, has good picture quality and comes in 3yr warranty?
Old 1st August 2014, 15:03   #7519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help
I was doing this same thing a month back.
I looked at all the budget option, Vu, Onida, AOC etc.
Howver, couldnt bring myself to drop money on them. Almost finalized on videocon LED, after a lot of recommendations that its the best of the cheaper options. Got this from installers, cable guys, repair people, users.

However, I opted for a 43 in Samsung 3d plasma for 42k, which i thought was a better investment, and better brand at just 7k more than Videocon.
If you dont have that hassle, go take a look at videocon.
Old 1st August 2014, 15:30   #7520
Senior - BHPian

I have bought a Toshiba 39P2305 a few days ago on Snapdeal for about 33.2k. I can definitely recommend it. Comes with a 3 year warranty, a nice sound bar (but Bass may not be the best thing - doesn't concern me), 2 HDMI ports and a USB port that supports 28 different types of movies.

The bezels of LED TVs are really small, so the 39 inch doesn't look that big from 32 inch.
Old 1st August 2014, 16:08   #7521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Why dont you check out Toshiba P2305 and L3300 models? About 35K, has good picture quality and comes in 3yr warranty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I have bought a Toshiba 39P2305 a few days ago....
Thanks for the suggestions on Toshiba. That was a brand that was under my radar. Yes, the bezel is small too. Will go and physically check these out at a store this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I was doing this same thing a month back.
I looked at all the budget option, Vu, Onida, AOC etc.
Howver, couldnt bring myself to drop money on them. Almost finalized on videocon LED, after a lot of recommendations that its the best of the cheaper options. Got this from installers, cable guys, repair people, users.

However, I opted for a 43 in Samsung 3d plasma for 42k, which i thought was a better investment, and better brand at just 7k more than Videocon.
If you dont have that hassle, go take a look at videocon.
Though I am ready to invest in a Plasma, this is out of my reach. I will see if some dealers have good plasmas left.
Old 2nd August 2014, 13:53   #7522
BHPian

Got a Toshiba 39L3300 for 35k

First impressions:

Flipkart delivered the TV in 1 day, but then Toshiba took 3 days to send someone over to install it. Since I am migrating from a CRT, all impressions are based on a comparison vis-a-vis the CRT.

The TV works fine, though Tata SKY SD looks grainy as heck on it. Wonder if that is normal since it is being upscaled from 480p to 1080p. Have left it on Intelligent mode since it seems to adjust brightness etc. based on ambient light source.

Soundwise, not as good as the Toshiba P2305 (at least based on store impressions), as the speakers here are downward firing, not forward facing. Still, they are rated at 10W x 2 RMS, same as the P2305. I need to crank up the loudness to 60-70 (out of 100) to get an acceptable level of sound. My old Sony Trinitron CRT managed similar loudness at only 25% volume.

Help:
1. Picture wise, when I shift through the menus on tata sky, I notice a bit of tearing (as in, I move from one option to another, and the font on the option flickers/tears/blurs before settling down). Perhaps it is an LED/LCD trait?

2. The TV does not stand exactly uniform on the table top stand. I measured with a ruler, and the bottom of the right edge was 6.2 cms above the table top, while the left side was 5.8 cms above the table top, thus creating a slight tilt from right to left. Is such variance normal? My parents don't seem to find any issue with it, but I am getting bugged. It it's normal I'll leave it alone.

Right now am using the traditional analogue Red-White-Yellow cables. Will get an HDMI and see if quality improves.

Still, for 35k and 3 year warranty, I guess one cannot complain too much.
Old 2nd August 2014, 14:26   #7523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Got a Toshiba 39L3300 for 35k

First impressions:
Flipkart delivered the TV in 1 day, but then -----------snip-snip--------much.
One, upgrade your sd box to HD. That is necessary, absolutely.
Second, you'll have to mess with the audio settings a little bit to get the correct output, maybe invest a little more in a mid range speaker system. But you won't get the same levels based on where the volume knob sits. Sound is really not the USP here,I've felt.
Old 3rd August 2014, 00:48   #7524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
[b]Got a Toshiba 39L3300 for 35k

2. The TV does not stand exactly uniform on the table top stand. I measured with a ruler, and the bottom of the right edge was 6.2 cms above the table top, while the left side was 5.8 cms above the table top, thus creating a slight tilt from right to left. Is such variance normal?
Have you checked if your table is at an even keel? The floor may also have a slight slope. I have a 46 LCD and find it to list a bit too. Maybe the weight is not evenly distributed or I messed the placement on the stand.
Old 4th August 2014, 08:16   #7525
BHPian

I bought the KDL-32W700B from Sony a few days ago during World Cup. The picture quality felt the best. Its a good buy. Spent 39k after exchange and discounts at E Zone.
Old 4th August 2014, 09:28   #7526
Senior - BHPian

I have a 22" LED monitor at home which is almost new and not in use. I read somewhere that it can be converted to a TV with some tuner card. Can anybody please let me know some details about this?
Old 4th August 2014, 10:49   #7527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
I have a 22" LED monitor at home which is almost new and not in use. I read somewhere that it can be converted to a TV with some tuner card. Can anybody please let me know some details about this?
Well use it with any set
Old 4th August 2014, 12:12   #7528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can use tuners like these:

http://www.flipkart.com/iball-claro-...md8v3d4ghn4cje

Cost is in range of 1000 - 2000
Old 4th August 2014, 12:16   #7529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You don't really need a TV tuner card if you plan to use it with an HD set top box from a service provider.
Old 4th August 2014, 12:57   #7530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
You can use tuners like these:

http://www.flipkart.com/iball-claro-...md8v3d4ghn4cje

Cost is in range of 1000 - 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Well use it with any set
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
You don't really need a TV tuner card if you plan to use it with an HD set top box from a service provider.
Thank you all!

Is there any cons compared to regular LED TV in terms of picture quality?

Also, can I view non HD channels in this setup if I use HD set top box?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks