Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2014, 22:59   #7486
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

This is what I have done.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-20140722_225455.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2014, 23:15   #7487
Senior - BHPian

Paresh, this is neat. I am unable to understand how the wires are routed? Is the TV fixed on the wood or wires are running behind the wood strip?
Old 23rd July 2014, 06:31   #7488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
How are you concealing the wires when you install the TV on the wall. Also are these types of low profile wiring ducts available in the India? These can be painted to match the wall color.

The paintable ones are available in India too, the imported ones are pricey though. Check http://in.element14.com
Old 23rd July 2014, 08:14   #7489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Got a 50in Plasma TV from LG model 50PB6600
I got a Wifi/Bluetooth dongle AN-WF500 for the Plasma TV to make it Smart TV. The dongle fits into the USB slot and detects the wifi connection from the router. I can now access Internet on the TV like You tube, Skype etc. However I cant access Gmail or for that matter any other website since I am unable to key in the text, I cant find the keyboard. Even the remote doesnt have alphabet keys. Does the TV require now a wireless keyboard too? Can anyone who faced such similar issue advise?
Old 23rd July 2014, 08:48   #7490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I got a Wifi/Bluetooth dongle AN-WF500 for the Plasma TV to make it Smart TV. The dongle fits into the USB slot and detects the wifi connection from the router. I can now access Internet on the TV like You tube, Skype etc. However I cant access Gmail or for that matter any other website since I am unable to key in the text, I cant find the keyboard. Even the remote doesnt have alphabet keys. Does the TV require now a wireless keyboard too? Can anyone who faced such similar issue advise?
This is just a dongle with probably some apps built in. You should have picked up an android PC for the TV. It would have given you full fledged access with apps rather than the browser.
Anyway, if you're looking for a keyboard, download LG TV remote app. It'll give you your phone's keyboard, as well as a touchpad.
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:42   #7491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
The paintable ones are available in India too, the imported ones are pricey though. Check http://in.element14.com

I browsed thru the site. It's like eBay for electronics. Unable to locate unless you know the name of the item. I tried multiple keywords with no luck.

Any idea where I can locate this in chennai?
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:15   #7492
BHPian

Quote:
I browsed thru the site. It's like eBay for electronics. Unable to locate unless you know the name of the item. I tried multiple keywords with no luck.

Any idea where I can locate this in chennai?
I am in Chennai too and went to Ritchie street and found an exclusive guy for cable management and conduits. But his stuff wasnt that great. I am yet to organize my HT cables, but so far have hidden the cabling with chests of draws and floor length curtains.
Here are the links that should help
http://in.element14.com/raceway-duct-fittings
http://in.element14.com/pro-power/wd...2mm/dp/2365708
http://in.element14.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=215280
http://in.element14.com/hellermann-t...m-2m/dp/852170

Trunking, Raceway, Duct, Cable Management, Cable Organizers, conduits etc are the terms to use.

You can also find this in the catalogs of LeGrand, ABB etc - Check pages 92-111 of price list I uploaded here - https://www.sendspace.com/file/nrngyg
wasnt able to attach the pdf due to its size to this post.
Old 23rd July 2014, 11:26   #7493
BHPian

Quote:
Paresh, this is neat. I am unable to understand how the wires are routed? Is the TV fixed on the wood or wires are running behind the wood strip?
There is a split in the wooden plate right in center. The TV stand is placed there. My BIL is an interior designer and hence this was planned by him.

The wooden plate is hollow thus allowing wires and cables to run through it.

To add to the aesthetics, have added a strip of LED's along the border of the wooden plate.

Cheers
Old 23rd July 2014, 19:46   #7494
Senior - BHPian

Got a Toshiba L3300 but have found the screen to be teary.Are all LED's the same.Currently have hooked up the converter which is not HD enabled or so but the images like how once see poor quality you tube videos.Currently on factory setting and the demo person from Toshiba is yet to come. Not sure but do all LED's look from close as if the screen is torn ?

Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 23:37   #7495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
converter which is not HD enabled or so but the images like how once see poor quality you tube videos.
Try running some HD videos with USB. Most probably bad video quality is due to poor signal and a bigger TV is making it apparent.
Old 24th July 2014, 00:03   #7496
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Got a Toshiba L3300 but have found the screen to be teary.Are all LED's the same.Currently have hooked up the converter which is not HD enabled or so but the images like how once see poor quality you tube videos.Currently on factory setting and the demo person from Toshiba is yet to come. Not sure but do all LED's look from close as if the screen is torn ?

Thanks
Check if the cause is the same as mine - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3460521
Old 24th July 2014, 08:08   #7497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
download LG TV remote app. It'll give you your phone's keyboard, as well as a touchpad.
Thanks a ton Mayank for the tip. Downloaded the LG TV remote and the Internet works like a breeze using the keyboard & touchpad. Watched a couple of You tube videos std and HD and the streaming is seamless.
Old 28th July 2014, 11:47   #7498
BHPian

I'm in the market for a 50 to 55 inch flat screen tv with home theater. I'm very confused between plasma, LED and UHDTV and which company to go for. I already have a Panasonic plasma TV but my store visits proved that Panasonic isn't much interested in carrying on with them and the models available was at least an year old. Also the market seems to be moving towards UHDTV so should I keep 'future proofing' in mind while deciding on it. Any and all inputs will be welcomed as I've to take a decision in next 10 days or so.

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th July 2014, 14:03   #7499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
I'm in the market for a 50 to 55 inch flat screen tv with home theater. I'm very confused between plasma, LED and UHDTV and which company to go for. Also the market seems to be moving towards UHDTV so should I keep 'future proofing' in mind while deciding on it.
With such limited UHD content available what will you watch on a UHDTV? As it is flat panel displays has such short lifespan, by the time you buy your next TV in about 5 years, the UHD market may have picked up. Right now even FHD content from TV channels is limited. On the other hand if you are a movie buff you get lots of FHD, but still no UHD. So why go for UHDTV?
Old 28th July 2014, 15:11   #7500
Senior - BHPian

Guys, planning to purchase an LED television - 40 inch. My budget is a maximum of 35k. I own a Panny LCD TV - 32inch and love it. All of 3 years, it has served me well.

Now, I want your honest opinions. How are the Vu Televisions? I see a VU 40K16 40 inches TV for 30k on Flipkart. And also a Philips 40PFL4758 39 inches LED TV for 32k. What differentiates these form their higher priced models?

No, 2 HDMI ports are good enough for me. And sound output isn't a deal-killer since I have hooked up the sound outputs to my amp and floorstanders anyway.

Also, is it a good time to go bigger and buy a Plasma panel? Yes, it might be on the way out but still, nothing to beat the PQ of a plasma right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks