Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2014, 16:26   #7381
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Yes, this is 5 year extended warranty.

For some reason, LG calls it AMC. It does cover parts and labor.
The AMC T&C talks about this. Not very clear what it means though.

Quote:
Labor AMC contract will cover only waiver of the visiting charges, or service charges for breakdown calls. The cost of any pat replacement or refrigerant charging (if required) will borne by the customer
Old 27th May 2014, 17:21   #7382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Labor AMC contract
Maybe this is a different product that covers only Labor charges.
Old 27th May 2014, 18:26   #7383
Senior - BHPian

Is anybody having problems with Samsung Smarthub updating everytime we swtich on the television? Its annoying and I didnt find anything on google on this.
Old 27th May 2014, 20:22   #7384
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Well, ok if you insist then I will put it differently. LG will back up all it's products for 5 years. Now warranty and AMC is not all that different in case of LG because I take AMC only after something goes wrong (within 5 yr period) wait for cooling down period and then file a complaint. Isn't it equal to taking extended warranty in a perverted sense. After all I get support from the company.
You are cheating the company by doing this.
If my TV has some problems after 10 years & I then go and steal a new TV to replace my old one, I can't claim that my old TV had a 10 year replacement policy because I didn't have to pay anything for the new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Yes, this is 5 year extended warranty.

For some reason, LG calls it AMC. It does cover parts and labor.

Even a 5 year extended warranty can be talked about as "all LG products have warranty for 5 years." because you have separately buy an extended warranty.
Old 27th May 2014, 20:55   #7385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
OK. Got that.
If you would like to use Youtube, then please try to get a demo of the same.
Panasonic plasma's have issues with Youtube.
So, check the TV before you buy it for Youtube.
In my current Panasonic plasma its a breeze, no problem with YouTube. I pair it with my ipad, search and choose a video from ipad and let it show on the TV screen. It is very convenient.
Old 28th May 2014, 07:44   #7386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
You are cheating the company by doing this.
If my TV has some problems after 10 years & I then go and steal a new TV to replace my old one, I can't claim that my old TV had a 10 year replacement policy because I didn't have to pay anything for the new one.
I usually do not have to do this. & I have no intention to cheat any company and in any case why do you think the AMC does not cover the cost of repair ? Usually it is some tiny part or board repair that does not cost upward of what I pay for AMC.

LG Plasma warranty is as follows

1 Year: Company warranty
2 Year: Extended warranty (available at time of purchase or can be bought later)
3 Year: Extended warranty (ditto)
4 Year: AMC (will cover entire product including panel)
5 Year: AMC (will cover entire product including panel)

The reason this is reassuring for even non-warranty holders is that in any case company is carrying inventory and spares for any product for 5 years.

btw this applies not just to plasma but all LG products of any shape or size.

Last edited by lurker : 28th May 2014 at 07:47.
Old 28th May 2014, 14:06   #7387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
The reason this is reassuring for even non-warranty holders is that in any case company is carrying inventory and spares for any product for 5 years.
My experience with Panasonic shows that number of years of warranty does not guaranty spare part availability for that many years.

Update on my Panasonic plasma warranty claim: I have received full refund cheque today, and they took back everything that came bundled with the TV. I received this cheque in 28 days since filing complain. First 14 days was spent running round in circles with customer care executives. With help from fellow member VW2010, things moved fast after that.
Old 28th May 2014, 17:51   #7388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
In my current Panasonic plasma its a breeze, no problem with YouTube. I pair it with my ipad, search and choose a video from ipad and let it show on the TV screen. It is very convenient.
So, perhaps the UT50 does not have the problem Or perhaps the larger screens have the problem.

Here is the thread on Google forums:
https://productforums.google.com/for...B1-25-false%5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
My experience with Panasonic shows that number of years of warranty does not guaranty spare part availability for that many years.

Update on my Panasonic plasma warranty claim: I have received full refund cheque today, and they took back everything that came bundled with the TV. I received this cheque in 28 days since filing complain. First 14 days was spent running round in circles with customer care executives. With help from fellow member VW2010, things moved fast after that.
Good to know that you got the full refund.
Old 29th May 2014, 23:11   #7389
BHPian

Hi, Iam in look out for a 32inch flat tv with a budget of around 30k. My priorities are 1) PQ 2) reliability 3) SQ 4) build. I prioritized the following model from Toshiba. http://m.snapdeal.com/product/toshib...00-full/666808. Does anyone have first hand experience with this model? Does the 3 year warranty includes parts also? Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 30th May 2014, 22:59   #7390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Hi, Iam in look out for a 32inch flat tv with a budget of around 30k. My priorities are 1) PQ 2) reliability 3) SQ 4) build. I prioritized the following model from Toshiba. http://m.snapdeal.com/product/toshib...00-full/666808. Does anyone have first hand experience with this model? Does the 3 year warranty includes parts also? Any feedback is appreciated.

That's an old model. Check out 32p2305 or 32L3300. Both are excellent TV's. I bought 39L3300 from Snapdeal a couple of months ago and happy with it. Excellent picture quality, decent sound and looks very good. Much better than my other Samsung 40inch LED TV. Toshiba TV's came with a 3 year warranty atleast till Dec '13. Do checkout their website.

Between the two models mentioned, I'd recommend the 32L3300 for the following reasons :
1) Better refresh rate 100Hz compared to 50Hz on p2305.
2) Inbuilt Youtube app. All you need to do it buy a wireless USB adapter, plug it in the USB port, connect it to local network and you're good to go.
3)Screen Mirroring. IF you have got any Android device whose version is above 4.2.x, you can use screen mirroring and display the content in your device on TV. No lag even while playing games.
4)Excellent picture and sound quality.
5)VFM
Old 31st May 2014, 23:01   #7391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka46 View Post
That's an old model. Check out 32p2305 or 32L3300. Both are excellent TV's. I bought 39L3300 from Snapdeal a couple of months ago and happy with it. Excellent picture quality, decent sound and looks very good. Much better than my other Samsung 40inch LED TV. Toshiba TV's came with a 3 year warranty atleast till Dec '13. Do checkout their website.

Between the two models mentioned, I'd recommend the 32L3300 for the following reasons :
1) Better refresh rate 100Hz compared to 50Hz on p2305.
2) Inbuilt Youtube app. All you need to do it buy a wireless USB adapter, plug it in the USB port, connect it to local network and you're good to go.
3)Screen Mirroring. IF you have got any Android device whose version is above 4.2.x, you can use screen mirroring and display the content in your device on TV. No lag even while playing games.
4)Excellent picture and sound quality.
5)VFM
Hi kaka46, Thanks for your reply.
I now got more confused :-p. Actually I was in lookout for a FHD led tv in 32inch, as PQ was my first priority. But the models recommended by you comes in HD Ready mode in 32inch. But they have 100Hz refresh rate and 10bit video processing. So will the PQ of HD ready TV's recommended by you will be same as FHD of PT200 model? Also I will be using cable connection with set top box at least for the next 8 months. The view length will be around 9 feet. If I go for FHD in 39", will it be too blurred for SD cable and a view distance of 9 feet. Appreciate your reply in advance.
Old 1st June 2014, 00:36   #7392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Hi kaka46, Thanks for your reply.
I now got more confused :-p. Actually I was in lookout for a FHD led tv in 32inch, as PQ was my first priority. But the models recommended by you comes in HD Ready mode in 32inch. But they have 100Hz refresh rate and 10bit video processing. So will the PQ of HD ready TV's recommended by you will be same as FHD of PT200 model? Also I will be using cable connection with set top box at least for the next 8 months. The view length will be around 9 feet. If I go for FHD in 39", will it be too blurred for SD cable and a view distance of 9 feet. Appreciate your reply in advance.

I'm not sure about the FHD part of your query. The website says the resolution is 1366 * 768. Not sure if it will play a FHD video or not.

PQ will regular cable and set top box is pretty average to okayish levels. It will not be blurred but you can see that the pixels are stretched and the picture quality is nothing great. However, when viewed from a distance, this effect is reduced substantially. However, when you play Bluray video's, the experience is totally different. Even a Bluray 720p is more than enough if not for 1080p.

Good luck with buying !!
Old 2nd June 2014, 17:50   #7393
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone suggest a Sony in the 42 or 46 inch range, with internet access?

3D optional, I am not much of a TV guy. Random movies, some shows on Discovery, History and regional channels. Budget 70-80K.
Old 2nd June 2014, 17:57   #7394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Can anyone suggest a Sony in the 42 or 46 inch range, with internet access?

3D optional, I am not much of a TV guy. Random movies, some shows on Discovery, History and regional channels. Budget 70-80K.
best Sony tv in this range is W900a currently.
it has Triluminos technology.
unfortunately it's only available in 40 inch size as far as i know.
costs around 70-75k.

Last edited by Nicky : 2nd June 2014 at 18:00.
Old 2nd June 2014, 21:15   #7395
Senior - BHPian

I chanced upon Sony W700B 42". Will mostly settle for this one. Not very keen on 3D so this model works, plus its almost new. Works on WiFi and even on 3G data card.

Any anyone brought products on employee discount schemes? Also are extended warranties recommended or is it just eye wash?

Last edited by mail4ajo : 2nd June 2014 at 21:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks