Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2014, 13:46   #7561
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Issue with newly purchased Toshiba LED

Hi guys

I am facing an issue with my one month Toshiba 39L3300 LED TV. Since yesterday, once or twice, there is a very shrill sound coming from the speakers for around a second or three, and the screen starts zigzagging (like in old CRT when we don't receive proper signal). After those few seconds everything becomes normal again.

It is very hot in Delhi here (40 degrees) and the TV is left on since morning in the drawing room playing Tata Sky Active Darshan the whole day will evening. Should I put on the fan in the drawing room. Could heat be the reason for this problem occuring. I seriously hope I have not received a defective piece.

Can LED tv's be kept on for 10 hours at a stretch?
Old 27th August 2014, 14:06   #7562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz3645 View Post

Now I only want a Sharp and only 39'' coz cavity width is 35''.
So, Sharp dealers in Pune don't have a TV of that size, right?
In my opinion, you should be able to find a 40" TV in Pune (if not in Nasik).

Check the dimensions and it might perhaps fit into the 'cavity'.
Old 27th August 2014, 14:42   #7563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz3645 View Post
Now I only want a Sharp and only 39'' coz cavity width is 35''.
Why the fixation with Sharp? Because of your past experience? Check how much warranty Sharp is offering on LED TVs. I found that Toshiba is the only company that offers 3 years warranty on its TVs, without you having to buy any store specific extended warranty.

39inch is a well running size, so you will get TVs from most brand in this size.

I am currently using Toshiba 39P2305 bought from snapdeal, and it is performing wonderfully, touchwood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Issue with newly purchased Toshiba LED

Can LED tv's be kept on for 10 hours at a stretch?
I am quite sure LEDs can be run for 10 hours straight. Do call Toshiba and schedule a visit.

A note to all Toshiba TV owners. The wall mount installation is free for first year, so even if you are not planning to get your TV wall mounted, still call and get the wall mount in your possession in first year itself. You can either put it to use later or even sell it off

Last edited by ani_meher : 27th August 2014 at 14:45.
Old 27th August 2014, 15:09   #7564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I am quite sure LEDs can be run for 10 hours straight. Do call Toshiba and schedule a visit.

A note to all Toshiba TV owners. The wall mount installation is free for first year,
Coming to think about it, I think the problem might be with he Tata Sky and perhaps not the television. After all, the TV simply plays whatever signal it gets. Hope it's a signal problem and not a TV issue. Still, have given a call to Toshiba, will see what happens. Fingers Crossed.
Old 27th August 2014, 16:01   #7565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Why
Yes, I just Love Sharp, its not to say that other TV are not amazing.
For me anything related to Display with a Sharp logo connects to my heart.

Update: my lovely working 14 year old Thompson TV got a new remote yesterday, by the engineer who forgot to give one when he changed its board.
So now the colors which were too bright, and the reason for a new TV are both gone/ shelved. The TV as per engineer is like new and good for at least two more years.

Sorry now, as Sharp tv will have to wait, and Thanks for your inputs everyone.
Old 27th August 2014, 16:13   #7566
BHPian

Guys, I am planning to sell my 55 inch LG Plasma (new generation) 2 year old panel since kids are pressing on 3D LED, it is in perfectly working condition and I am quite happy with it but marketing influences kids much more these days. How much do you guys think I would be able to get for it. I will put it up on OLX accordingly. Thanks for your help.
Old 28th August 2014, 20:48   #7567
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bose suggestion. I'll surely check it out. Any other option comes to the mind?
This is an interesting product , Bose might launch here soon

http://www.bose.ca/controller?url=/s...o_jc/index.jsp
Old 5th September 2014, 11:40   #7568

Hi guys,
My 7 year old LCD has run its course. I am in the market for a 40 incher. Decided on Panasonic 40B6 for 42k at Reliance digital. Then wandered around and looked at Samsung plasma 43H4900. Found it to be excellent. Now in a dilemma, whether to go with LED or Plasma.
The plasma is not full HD. I watch HD sport and movie channels. Will this be a hindrance?
Are there Image Retention issues with the latest plasmas. The store technician says no, but I am vary.
Kindly advice LED or PLASMA
Old 8th September 2014, 14:36   #7569
BHPian

Hello everybody!

So I picked up a Videocon Mirage 40" Led from Croma yesterday. Now I'm trying to figure out a good stabilizer and a decent 2.1 system for it.

Stabilizer

The Croma guys suggested V-Guard's VG Crystal stabilizer. I could have bought it then and there but when I compared the price with Flipkart it was about 700 bucks cheaper. But the bane of going to a website like flipkart is you start browsing and then you end up in utter confusion.

And on top of it, the stabilizer that Croma suggested, a V-Guard VG Crystal, supports only upto 36" TVs according to reviews on Flipkart. Can you guys suggest what would be the most VFM stabilizer for a 40 incher?

2.1 System

The sound with USB playback on the TV is not as good as it is with the set top box. I watch a lot of movies and TV series and hence I must buy one within the budget of 2K. Also, I'm looking for something minimal or compact since my house is pretty small for big things.

I've shortlisted these 3 speakers: http://www.flipkart.com/speaker/comp...CCZZC93FANSHUV

Teewe or Chromecast

Now this 3rd dilemma cropped up last night when my friend posted a FB update about pre-booking a Teewe unit on Snapdeal. You guys see anything promising about it? Or should one go to a safer, proven option like a chromecast? Wify is suggesting we go for an Apple TV

Admins: I know this post is slightly off-topic, but I couldn't find a thread to put 3 queries in one post.
Old 8th September 2014, 14:41   #7570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Hello everybody!

So I picked up a Videocon Mirage 40" Led from Croma yesterday. Now I'm trying to figure out a good stabilizer and a decent 2.1 system for it.

Stabilizer
The size of the TV does not matter. Your TV may be 2" or 200". The stabilizer of choice should be dependent upon Wattage. If maximum power consumption of your TV is 500W, then a stabilizer capable of 750W should be more than enough
Old 8th September 2014, 16:29   #7571
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Stabilizer

The Croma guys suggested V-Guard's VG Crystal stabilizer.

. Can you guys suggest what would be the most VFM stabilizer for a 40 incher?
Why will you need Stabilizer at first place ?? All modern TV's use SMPS supplies which are good from something like 100 - 260 V , just buy an extension cord with some surge protection .
Quote:
Your TV may be 2" or 200". The stabilizer of choice should be dependent upon Wattage. If maximum power consumption of your TV is 500W
If you have already bought then as per TSK , check wattage mentioned on back of your TV and compare with stabilizer wattage . These LED's don't take more than 100-200 watts . Instead you could have picked an APC UPS for similar amount - that would have ensured uninterrupted surge free regulated power supply

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th September 2014 at 16:33.
Old 8th September 2014, 17:57   #7572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.arun01 View Post
Decided on Panasonic 40B6 for 42k at Reliance digital. Then wandered around and looked at Samsung plasma 43H4900. Found it to be excellent. Now in a dilemma, whether to go with LED or Plasma.
Picture retention is not an issue with the plasma. I have two Panasonic 42 inch TVs at home, one of which is 6 years old and the other is 3 years old. Both working perfectly with no issues whatsoever.

Plasmas will have better picture quality and are cheaper. Most stores will persuade you not to buy one due to lower incentives to sell plasma. They are also incentivised to sell certain brands (read Samsung) over others (read Sharp or Panasonic) unless they are enthusiast stores. Simple tricks like setting a higher contrast or more vivid colours and brightness on brands they wish to sell.

Make sure you take control and adjust the TV to the settings you normally view at before you buy. Take the power back !

Quote:
The plasma is not full HD.
Plasma always. Full HD always. One of my plasmas is 720p and there is a slight but discernible difference between that and the one that is 1080p.
Old 8th September 2014, 18:38   #7573
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Are there Image Retention issues with the latest plasmas. The store technician says no, but I am vary

Quote:
I have two Panasonic 42 inch TVs at home, one of which is 6 years old and the other is 3 years old.
+1 - using Panasonic since many Years , last ones - ST/ GT 60 series was the best . I did bought a Samsung one 3 Years back because of Size / price ( it was 60 inch ) but gifted to someone only after about a week - they don't stand anywhere near to Panasonic as far color / depth is concerned . Maybe they have improved.

Samsung Plasma vs Panasonic Plasma - Pana Plasma just in case you can find series 60 anywhere

Samsung Plasma vs Panasonic LED - I will go with Panasonic LED - maybe personal tastes but I find Panasonic to be best in this business except for few lousy models they produce in small sizes .
Old 8th September 2014, 19:00   #7574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The size of the TV does not matter. Your TV may be 2" or 200". The stabilizer of choice should be dependent upon Wattage. If maximum power consumption of your TV is 500W, then a stabilizer capable of 750W should be more than enough
Thanks for the input

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Why will you need Stabilizer at first place ?? All modern TV's use SMPS supplies which are good from something like 100 - 260 V , just buy an extension cord with some surge protection .

If you have already bought then as per TSK , check wattage mentioned on back of your TV and compare with stabilizer wattage . These LED's don't take more than 100-200 watts . Instead you could have picked an APC UPS for similar amount - that would have ensured uninterrupted surge free regulated power supply
Reason why I need it is because the part of Bangalore where I stay the supply is pretty faulty. About 3-4 months back, there was a power surge which cooked off my CRT TV + DVD Player. Some of my neighbours' fridge, washing machine and an LED tv went kaput.

I just wanted to be a little careful.

BTW. Brilliant idea about going in for an inverter instead of a stabilizer.
Old 8th September 2014, 19:10   #7575
Senior - BHPian

On the 31st, Reliance Digital had a sale on the AOC 40 inch LED television going for 25k. I went and had a look-see. Carried along my test videos on a pen-drive. This is the television that was on offer - http://www.aocindia.com/product.php?product_id=134

I came away very satisfied with the quality of the images. It was comparable to much higher priced LED televisions. I placed an order for the same and they delivered it to me last monday.

I've had it for a week now and have watched the US Open live on Ten HD and also used it as a Home Theater television. Very good quality of video. Though the number of settings are very less. It has 2 HDMI ports and 2 USB ports which are more than enough for me.

Very satisfied with the purchase. Price was unbeatable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks