Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2014, 15:12   #7501
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
With such limited UHD content available what will you watch on a UHDTV? As it is flat panel displays has such short lifespan, by the time you buy your next TV in about 5 years, the UHD market may have picked up. Right now even FHD content from TV channels is limited. On the other hand if you are a movie buff you get lots of FHD, but still no UHD. So why go for UHDTV?
Well I know UHD will be long time in coming to our shores. So what is your recommendation considering I go for a FHD which company and model is worth looking closely in 50 to 55 inch segment. Thanks for the inputs.
Old 28th July 2014, 21:20   #7502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Well I know UHD will be long time in coming to our shores. So what is your recommendation considering I go for a FHD which company and model is worth looking closely in 50 to 55 inch segment. Thanks for the inputs.
No LED TV is going to compare favourably interms of picture quality with your Panasonic plasma. Mine broke down and I got a Sony LED. The benchmark set by Panasonic plasma is very high. Some people call it plasma withdrawal pangs.

Rtings.com and reviewed.com are good place to start.
Old 29th July 2014, 12:20   #7503
BHPian

I've narrowed it down to the following:
Samsung:
50' H6400
55' H7000

Sony:
55' W950B
50' W850B

Honestly the various reviewing sites don't offer much insight as they've all rated these TVs very close to one another. Any other model brand I should look at? Suggestions as to which one I should go for? I'm more inclined towards 55' inch size wise that it.
Old 29th July 2014, 13:19   #7504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
How are you concealing the wires when you install the TV on the wall. Also are these types of low profile wiring ducts available in the India? These can be painted to match the wall color.

Sadly no such ducts were available when we bought the TV, any suggestions on how to conceal the wires. We currently use flowers to conceal them due to lack of options. Looking for something that can be readily fixed.

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406620048.405071.jpg

We can't tamper the cream wood board behind.
Old 29th July 2014, 13:45   #7505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Sadly no such ducts were available when we bought the TV, any suggestions on how to conceal the wires. We currently use flowers to conceal them due to lack of options. Looking for something that can be readily fixed.
The cables will be more discreet if you lower the position on the TV closer to the cabinet. Hiding will also be easier. These days most people prefer centre of TV to be at eye level in sitting position on a sofa.
Old 29th July 2014, 14:38   #7506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
To add to the aesthetics, have added a strip of LED's along the border of the wooden plate.

Cheers
Can you post a photo in darkness showing the LEDs in action? It is a great setup, nicely hiding all the wires
Old 29th July 2014, 14:54   #7507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
The cables will be more discreet if you lower the position on the TV closer to the cabinet. Hiding will also be easier. These days most people prefer centre of TV to be at eye level in sitting position on a sofa.
True, but the mounts have been drilled into the cabinet and hence can only be placed in that position.? For the same reason i was wondering if anything can be done to conceal the wires.
Old 31st July 2014, 21:18   #7508
BHPian

I've finally decided to go for Samsung F8500 plasma TV in its 64 inch version. Hope I've made the right choice. Since I'm going to put it on a table top I need advice to baby proof it. I've seen a lot of table fasteners abroad but nothing like it is offered here. Can any one guide me please. I need to boom the TV and have to find out a way to secure the TV from toppling from the table.
Old 31st July 2014, 21:22   #7509
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've finally decided to go for Samsung F8500 plasma TV in its 64 inch version. Hope I've made the right choice. Since I'm going to put it on a table top I need advice to baby proof it. I've seen a lot of table fasteners abroad but nothing like it is offered here. Can any one guide me please. I need to boom the TV and have to find out a way to secure the TV from toppling from the table.
Its a brilliant choice. Have had one since the beginning of the year, and the picture quality is brilliant, some say better than the Panasonic plasmas. Mine is on the wall, though the stand for the TV seemed pretty big and stable. I don't think it will be too easy to push it over. If anything have a look at the stand once you get it, and see if there is any way to secure it better to the table.
Old 31st July 2014, 22:58   #7510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the price of the TV ? Can we use it as a normal TV viewing where the channel logo is displayed static.
Old 31st July 2014, 23:31   #7511
BHPian

@ Akshay : thanks buddy. I think I'll buy it and like you suggested will see if I need to strap it. Worse come to worse if I need it later I'll arrange it from abroad.

@F150 : dunno what exactly you meant by normal TV viewing and the channel logo. The price quoted was 2.13 lacs but have brought it down to 2.0 lacs. Might try for more but if not am willing to go for it at 2 lacs. Haven't yet got the TV. They say it'll take 20 days or so to arrive.
Old 1st August 2014, 12:21   #7512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Akshay : thanks buddy. I think I'll buy it and like you suggested will see if I need to strap it. Worse come to worse if I need it later I'll arrange it from abroad.

@F150 : dunno what exactly you meant by normal TV viewing and the channel logo. The price quoted was 2.13 lacs but have brought it down to 2.0 lacs. Might try for more but if not am willing to go for it at 2 lacs. Haven't yet got the TV. They say it'll take 20 days or so to arrive.
I remember some members on another forum got it for around 1.8 lac last year. Not sure what the current price is. Please check hifivision forum as well.

F150 is referring to the risk due to display of static content for several hours. This causes image retention and in worst case, burn in.

I am not sure if this particular model exhibits this behavior or not.
Old 1st August 2014, 12:23   #7513
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I got it for 1.85 back in January. Do negotiate a bit more.
Old 1st August 2014, 12:37   #7514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I remember some members on another forum got it for around 1.8 lac last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I got it for 1.85 back in January. Do negotiate a bit more.
Well that's a revelation. But the owner of samsung plaza is a distant relative and he said that the company quoted dealer price has been hiked since April now. So the price has subsequently gone up. Can you guys confirm the quoted price at the time of the purchase? In my case its 2.13 lacs dealer price. Out of which he is offering 13K off.

Further Akshay have you opted for extended warrenty for the TV? The price is Rs. 17,000/- for 1+3 years extended warranty which will be offered by Samsung A.S.S and has to be opted for within 1yr of purchase. Is it worth going for the same?
Old 1st August 2014, 12:55   #7515
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well that's a revelation. But the owner of samsung plaza is a distant relative and he said that the company quoted dealer price has been hiked since April now. So the price has subsequently gone up. Can you guys confirm the quoted price at the time of the purchase? In my case its 2.13 lacs dealer price. Out of which he is offering 13K off.

Further Akshay have you opted for extended warrenty for the TV? The price is Rs. 17,000/- for 1+3 years extended warranty which will be offered by Samsung A.S.S and has to be opted for within 1yr of purchase. Is it worth going for the same?
I'm not sure about dealer price. I remember the MRP was 2.25 at the time. As for the extended warranty, nope I haven't opted for it till now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks