Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2014, 21:46   #7591
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
For all Chennai residents,

try greendust.com
Go to Electronics, TV ->

There is a LG 60", LED FHD, at INR 130,000
Pity they don't ship it elsewhere.
They seem to be selling factory seconds and hence the low price. Do you have personal experience with them?
Old 14th September 2014, 21:52   #7592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
Hi all,

I bought a Sony 46 inch LED on Jan 1 this year (with 1 year warranty). It was working fine. Last week, my 2-year old daughter threw a heavy object at it and then the TV went blank; there is no damage on the glass. Had a Sony technician visit my home for checking this. He said that the panel had gone kaput and I have to replace it. He said since it is physical damage, this will not come under warranty. He quoted an approx. price of Rs. 40,000/- for panel replacement. I told "no".

Now what are my other options? I am thinking along these lines:

1. Contact Sony for panel replacement under warranty. Will this work?
2. Can I get a cheaper panel installed from after-market? If yes, where in Chennai can I get this done?
3. If there is no other option, will Sony take the TV under buyback? If yes, how much Rs. will I get for this 46 inch HD LED TV bought for Rs. 76,500/-?
4. If Sony won't buy it, where else and for what price can I sell this kind of TV?

Thank you.

murillo.
Just asking, how did the sony technician know that physical damage had occured.You said there was no impact mark on the TV. It would have been wiser to have feigned innocence rather than admit that it was physical damage if there are no ways of finding it out visually.
Old 15th September 2014, 07:07   #7593
BHPian

Yes these are refurb or seconds.
They do however provide complete warranty.

Yes I do buy from this site. Have not bought a TV, but other appliances.

They are not ready to ship this 60inch LED to the location I need or I would have picked this up in an instant.
Old 15th September 2014, 08:26   #7594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Just asking, how did the sony technician know that physical damage had occured.You said there was no impact mark on the TV. It would have been wiser to have feigned innocence rather than admit that it was physical damage if there are no ways of finding it out visually.
There is no image on the screen, but from the point of impact, the damage lines radiate in all directions, hence physical damage is obvious.

What I meant by "no damage" is that the TV body itself is not damaged anywhere. Sorry for not being clear.
Old 19th September 2014, 15:53   #7595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I don't speak from experience wrt LG but I believe they would honour extended warranty. They are known for good after sales service.

Cost is favourably good compared to Samsung
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/ht...ranty/lcd.html
but expensive compared to Sony
http://www.sony.co.in/microsite/braviawarranty/
I am going to call the LG Executive tomorrow for the extended warranty and check with him on the inclusions/exclusions. As a LG customer I trust them wrt WMs, MWO and Refrigerators. But flat panels is something new and hence the query. Their other AMC cost used to be quite nominal, but this thing somehow looks expensive to me.

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards
Old 20th September 2014, 20:09   #7596
BHPian

Anyone here using F&D, Creative or Logitech 2.1 speakers with their LED tv? I am looking to buy one for my Videocon Mirage 40" led tv which has a miserable sound output when you connect any storage device vua USB. Or would a soundbar solve my problem? My budget is around 3k for this. I won't complain if I get anything awesome for lesser than this. :P
Old 20th September 2014, 20:16   #7597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Anyone here using F&D, Creative or Logitech 2.1 speakers with their LED tv? I am looking to buy one for my Videocon Mirage 40" led tv which has a miserable sound output when you connect any storage device vua USB. Or would a soundbar solve my problem? My budget is around 3k for this. I won't complain if I get anything awesome for lesser than this. :P
I am using a creative 2.1 with my Panasonic Plasma. Work like a charm. A quick and inexpensive fix for the poor quality in-built speakers.
Old 20th September 2014, 20:48   #7598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijinpr View Post
I am using a creative 2.1 with my Panasonic Plasma. Work like a charm. A quick and inexpensive fix for the poor quality in-built speakers.
Can you let me know which model it is?
Old 20th September 2014, 21:12   #7599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Anyone here using F&D, Creative or Logitech 2.1 speakers with their LED tv? I am looking to buy one for my Videocon Mirage 40" led tv which has a miserable sound output when you connect any storage device vua USB. ...
This model does not seem to have any analogue audio output, which is needed for connection to the inexpensive outboard audio systems. You'll probably have to use the HDMI or optical or co-axial output which is only accepted by rather expensive audio systems.
Panasonic TVs generally have a headphone output which can be used, both as a 'line out' or as a volume controlled 'headphone output'.
Old 20th September 2014, 22:17   #7600
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
This model does not seem to have any analogue audio output, which is needed for connection to the inexpensive outboard audio systems. You'll probably have to use the HDMI or optical or co-axial output which is only accepted by rather expensive audio systems.
Panasonic TVs generally have a headphone output which can be used, both as a 'line out' or as a volume controlled 'headphone output'.
Can you suggest some soundbars or home theaters that accept optical in?
I tried taking the optical output from my TV to a powered converter, which gave L+R out, which I connected to my neotank. Sound is still bad.
Old 20th September 2014, 22:29   #7601
BHPian

I am not able to find reviews for Mitashi TVs anywhere online, anyone using them? How is their build quality and service compared to other brands ?

I'm considering Mitashi MiDE039v10 at 25k for my bedroom.
Old 21st September 2014, 10:58   #7602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Can you suggest some soundbars or home theaters that accept optical in?
You'd be looking at upwards of Rs.10,000/- for such systems.
What is a neotank?
Old 21st September 2014, 11:02   #7603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
You'd be looking at upwards of Rs.10,000/- for such systems.
What is a neotank?
Oh, my bad.

This guy-
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-1411277523141.jpg  

Old 21st September 2014, 11:24   #7604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
I am not able to find reviews for Mitashi TVs anywhere online, anyone using them? How is their build quality and service compared to other brands ?

I'm considering Mitashi MiDE039v10 at 25k for my bedroom.

If you aren't finding any reviews online, then maybe not a lot of people are buying it online. Why don't you go for this instead, if you are willing to take a risk with a newer brand: http://www.flipkart.com/micromax-40t...d-f9a5d2ecb873 If you have any Old device you can get it for cheap under exchange.

Moreover, my cousin used to work for a Mitashi, Funai, and Hyundai TV dealer 2-3 years back. When I was looking out for a 40 incher, he suggested that I rather go with a brand that has a decent service network. And then I settled with Videocon Mirage 40" for 29k under exchange for my 5 year old CRTv. I also got 3 years manufacturer's warranty with it from Croma. Only problem is the sound when you connect you storage device to USB, which can be sorted by a soundbar or a 2.1 system. But the PQ is awesome.
Old 21st September 2014, 11:36   #7605
BHPian

Got a 40 inch AOC LED tv for under 25000 from snapdeal. Around 900 rs extra for installments and interest.I had checked Micromax as well but considering that I have a 3 years old AOC LED monitor 20 inch which has worked flawlessly always, I decided to choose the slightly expensive AOC. Love the looks and the bezel is really thin, just 1 cm or so. One gripe though, I called AOC for sending someone for demo and wall mounting. Not much of an issue right now because we will be keeping it on a custom made TV Trolley.

SnapDeal

AOC India site is down though.

Most Viewed