Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2012, 07:55   #6091
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

How much did the Xt50 cost ? I am on the lookout for a 42 / 50 for my lounge. I am being quoted 62k with B&W in Agra. Delhi also same price.

I thought this was in the early 50's.

I have finalised a plain jane HD 42'' from LG. I already own one and it is stunning. Panasonic here is very tough to get and fitting in a 50'' box is impossible in my car to get from delhi.
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:59   #6092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy
Folks

My new P50XT50D is here.

I reckon it is the cheapest 50" TV in the market today (barring some 4 series Samsung 51" plasma, which frankly doesn't compare); but the picture's great and totally VFM.

Why is new highlighted above ??
Well, got conned by the dealer. By Pana brandshop, no less.

First things first, many thanks to TBhp'ian black12rr, for helping me in this whole episode. Guys like you make this forum such a great place.

On Saturday, after the TV was installed, I tried checking the hours, but somehow wasn't able to. And the delivery chaps were almost hassling me to sign the delivery note. So, I signed and sent them away.

Within minutes, I checked and what do I see - 253 hours & 138 on/off. Left a really bad taste. Esp since we've been waiting to get a new TV since years now. No worries, clicked a snap of the screen, and spoke to the dealer. As expected, he wouldn't accept that it's an used set and all. I asked him for his email id and mailed him the photo. Also, asked him if I should send the same email to Panasonic, to which the answer was a vehement "No". On 2nd call, he confirmed that a new set will be delivered on Monday (Sunday warehouse closed).

Today, the new TV got installed, with 2 min runtime and 1 on/off. The picture is definately better compared to the earlier set.

People, please be careful. It is a strange India we live in, seems like everyone is out to fool, cheat, con, loot the other.

Anyways, great picture, and awesome VFM.

cheers
lazy
Thats very nice that you got a new one. Imagine people who would have been unaware of such frauds.
Was the packing and all the plastic protection intact on the 200 hours used one.
Old 23rd October 2012, 12:47   #6093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
^ How do you check the hours? And is it applicable to only Plasmas or even LEDs?
nishantgandhi.....VW2010 has answered your query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
How much did the Xt50 cost ? I am on the lookout for a 42 / 50 for my lounge. I am being quoted 62k with B&W in Agra. Delhi also same price.
Almost same in Blore...61K (with 2 active 3D glasses).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanprash View Post
Thats very nice that you got a new one. Imagine people who would have been unaware of such frauds.
Was the packing and all the plastic protection intact on the 200 hours used one.
The packing was as original/complete/untampered as it could get. Either the dealer has very skilled workmen or Panasonic warehouse folks are involved.

Though I got a new one, I am left with a very bad feeling.

cheers
lazy
Old 23rd October 2012, 14:04   #6094
BHPian

I don't think the company warehouse people can be involved. It is pertinent to note that the carton box sticker also has the product serial number. So the warehouse cannot supply a brand new box. On the other hand, if either box serial number is tampered or is not matching with product serial number (which can be found on rear sticker of TV), then be very suspicious. I am mentioning this for the benefit of future buyers.
Old 23rd October 2012, 14:10   #6095
Senior - BHPian

Fact is the number of hours could be between 1-20 easilly. They could have tested this prior boxing it.

300 hours is very high for a new TV and the dealer atleast replaced the unit to ensure you get the right piece.

Only way to avoid is to keep stressing you will revert back the tv since you technically know how to check it with some diagnostics tool you have at home. Some technical "Sh**ing" sometime helps
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:59   #6096
Senior - BHPian

I have been postponing my HDTV purchase for ages now and totally confused looking at the options. i found that many in this forum are liking the plasma TV (especially panasonic)

Have following queries which will help me go towards a plasma or LED TV

1. I dont have any issues with plasma except for its power usage. is it true that power usage will be above 200w as compared to 50-60W in case of a LED TV ?

2. Panasonic X and XT 50 are only HD(not full HD). I am looking at a 42 inch screen size and my viewing distance is 8-10 feet. As of now i own a Hathway Digital settop box and would like to continue to use it unless picture quality is so bad. but lets say even if i decide to upgrade to HD STB like Tata sky, i dont think i will still be getting fullHD channels. So do i really need full HD ?

3. I am not a great fan of 3D, so is Panasonic X50 same as XT50 except for 3D ? i would like to save as much as i can so that i can get a PS3 later.
Old 23rd October 2012, 22:54   #6097
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Does anyone know a place from where we can source LCD parts ? My LG TV is playing games and the part is made by Philips.

Couldnt figure out online.

Any BHPian who has ordered parts online or brought from a market in Delhi?
Old 24th October 2012, 18:23   #6098
BHPian

team-bhp really has a thread for almost anything one needs.

Hey guys!

Let me get to the point straightaway. I have a decent gaming rig, and it plays on 17" monitor. :(

So after 3 months of pain, I am going to upgrade. Now the moolah is 40k and the options are limitless. Since I will be playing car sims, I want something which can work at 60hz, and not to mention, should be 1080p HD.
So, I go to malls and search. I land up on some very good tvs.
1- Panasonic Plasma 42''. 720p only and huge power consumption. No ghosting, no lagging.
2- a bit smaller LEDs, low power consumption, but noticeable lagging. also, some color change as you shift your viewing angle (not a prob).

or third option- two 32" leds.

which one would be the best to go for?
Old 24th October 2012, 19:55   #6099
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I have been postponing my HDTV purchase for ages now and totally confused looking at the options. i found that many in this forum are liking the plasma TV (especially panasonic)
Refer my earlier post where you can find the Panasonic 2012 Plasma brochure - use this for comparison of feaures of the models.

Coming to the Power usage, yes the Plasma's do consume more power compared to the LCD/LEDs but the picture quality is awesome and no way comparable.
Old 24th October 2012, 22:41   #6100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran.Syed
So, I go to malls and search. I land up on some very good tvs.
1- Panasonic Plasma 42''. 720p only and huge power consumption. No ghosting, no lagging.
A word caution here. Since your stated usage is playing games, please do some more research on image retention inherent in plasmas. For the first 150 to 200 hours of ownership you should be playing only very short bursts of games on this tv. Beyond that time i do not know whether plasmas are good for playing games for long sessions. So please find out. The real problem lies with games which have static graphic elements on the screen, like HUD frame, score board, etc.
Old 26th October 2012, 08:19   #6101
Senior - BHPian

Hello,
What are the best options in plasma below 40k in market today for 42 inchers. I enquired about 42 inch panasonic but stores are reporting stock NA.

Got the following quotes
1. Samsung 43 43e400 @33,500
2.Lg 42 42pa4520 @35990

Please suggest.
Old 26th October 2012, 12:49   #6102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
A word caution here. Since your stated usage is playing games, please do some more research on image retention inherent in plasmas. For the first 150 to 200 hours of ownership you should be playing only very short bursts of games on this tv. Beyond that time i do not know whether plasmas are good for playing games for long sessions. So please find out. The real problem lies with games which have static graphic elements on the screen, like HUD frame, score board, etc.
In the latest Plasma panels (mine is UT30) there are options for changing the picture to gaming mode which would ensure that picture is refreshed once in a while to avoid retention. Not sure how much of it would take care of Image retention for longer period of time.
Old 26th October 2012, 13:08   #6103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the latest Plasma panels (mine is UT30) there are options for changing the picture to gaming mode which would ensure that picture is refreshed once in a while to avoid retention. Not sure how much of it would take care of Image retention for longer period of time.
Also i feel a purist may actually pick the issue in the tv while normal viewers will have no clue of any problem.

My samsung plasma has a dead pixel right in the middle. I can notice it but unless i walk to the tv and point it my whole family has no clue about it.

Similarly retention of image. My family has no clue of what i am talking about unless i point the on the Start TV icon or the sun tv icon.

My advice is post playing just run the function from Menu which does pixel scrolling by moving a black image around the tv. Play this for 30 minutes or so based on what you see as retention. THis should remove any retention image.

If post using this function for few times the image is still retained, the retention is permenant and would require some viewing habit to be changed.
Old 26th October 2012, 14:00   #6104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Guys,

Does anyone know a place from where we can source LCD parts ? My LG TV is playing games and the part is made by Philips.

Couldnt figure out online.

Any BHPian who has ordered parts online or brought from a market in Delhi?
One and only place where you can get each and every electronic component in Delhi for LCD TVs is Lajpat Rai market, in Chandni chowk. Though the place is quite difficult to access due to the traffic mess there.
Old 26th October 2012, 17:18   #6105
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, will go there. Though my tv is LG, the part is made by Philips, so am sure getting it from market wont be a big issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks