Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2012, 23:29   #6166
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Guys any suggestions for showrooms in Bangalore where I can get good deals on Panasonic xt and ut series plasma? I am lookin for a 42 inch plasma. Checked with reliance digital and they are quoting 46k for 42xt50 and no stock of ut. Chroma does not have 42 inch in stock.
Metro Cash & Carry is still running a special offer for 50XT50 for just Rs. 49,999. Go grab it if you want.
Old 17th November 2012, 23:33   #6167
BHPian

Quote:
Guys any suggestions for showrooms in Bangalore where I can get good deals on Panasonic xt and ut series plasma? I am lookin for a 42 inch plasma. Checked with reliance digital and they are quoting 46k for 42xt50 and no stock of ut. Chroma does not have 42 inch in stock.
Today I went to the Panasonic showroom in Rajaji Nagar,1st Block,you can check there,but not sure about plasma's availability since I was looking for LED TV's.There is a Croma store opposite to that,the sales guy asked me "sir tell me how much the panasonic showroom is quoting I will give the same price" and he did offer that,may be you can try there as well.
Old 17th November 2012, 23:46   #6168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010

Metro Cash & Carry is still running a special offer for 50XT50 for just Rs. 49,999. Go grab it if you want.
Hi I am interested in 42 inch because of space constraints. Does metro have any offer on 42 inches?
Old 18th November 2012, 05:10   #6169
BHPian

have to put in a good word for panasonic service here. I own 2 panasonic plasmas (prefer plasmas because of the natural colour tones - a more 'analogue experience). Due to some seepage issues in our house, the electric supply was getting patchy and one tv conked off within 1 month of its purchase. We thought we would have to pay for repair as it normally would not be covered by warranty - the service guys not only took back the tv, agreed to replace it at no extra charge, and when they realised that the model was basically not in supply at that moment, upgraded us to a higher model at no extra cost (6k higher model).

My experience has been so good that I really hope that they do well in India, so that I can keep buying their products.
Old 18th November 2012, 10:07   #6170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki
Guys any suggestions for showrooms in Bangalore where I can get good deals on Panasonic xt and ut series plasma? I am lookin for a 42 inch plasma. ...
Try the Pana brand shop in front of VVS in 1st block. They have both UT and XT in 42". Metro also has 42XT.
Old 18th November 2012, 22:52   #6171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Try the Pana brand shop in front of VVS in 1st block. They have both UT and XT in 42". Metro also has 42XT.
Thanks. Will check.Is buying at METRO significantly cheaper than other shops? I dont have a METRO card so asking.

Also is there is significant difference in picture quality between XT and UT series. The price difference is approx 20K between the two models for 42 inchers!
Old 18th November 2012, 23:46   #6172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki

Thanks. Will check.Is buying at METRO significantly cheaper than other shops? I dont have a METRO card so asking.

Also is there is significant difference in picture quality between XT and UT series. The price difference is approx 20K between the two models for 42 inchers!
I am in Bangalore for a day next week and will be visiting metro, got my BILs card. You can drop in if you care to check it then. Just PM me and we can schedule a time. I can check the model there and let you know, alternately...
Old 19th November 2012, 04:47   #6173
BHPian

Quote:
Not necessarily. I am pretty sure, you can get a better deal at 'Devi International' in Jayanagar than in Metro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I am in Bangalore for a day next week and will be visiting metro, got my BILs card. You can drop in if you care to check it then.
The rule in Metro is Cardholder + 1. If your BIL has a card he can take a person along with him. i.e. about it.
Old 19th November 2012, 07:01   #6174
BHPian

Hey guys. I'm in market for an LED TV. I'm looking at 40 to 46 inch models. My requirements are -

1. 1080p LED
2. WiFi enabled
3. 3d is nice to have

I've shortlisted the Samsung 40EH5300. Its available for around 450 USD with black Friday deals. Is this a good option? My budget is around 600 USD.
Old 19th November 2012, 07:40   #6175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru
The rule in Metro is Cardholder + 1. If your BIL has a card he can take a person along with him. i.e. about it.
I have taken 3 of my work colleagues with me in the past more than once. I've never gone with my BIL, I just use his card and have never been stopped. I have shopped there extensively without a hitch.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi
Hey guys. I'm in market for an LED TV. I'm looking at 40 to 46 inch models. My requirements are -

1. 1080p LED
2. WiFi enabled
3. 3d is nice to have

I've shortlisted the Samsung 40EH5300. Its available for around 450 USD with black Friday deals. Is this a good option? My budget is around 600 USD.
Is this to bring back to India in the future? If so, you gotta check for PAL compatibility. Sorry, no answers to your real questions...

Last edited by noopster : 19th November 2012 at 16:59. Reason: Please do not post back-to-back, use multi-quote option instead
Old 19th November 2012, 08:41   #6176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy

Is this to bring back to India in the future? If so, you gotta check for PAL compatibility. Sorry, no answers to your real questions...
Nope. This is to be used here in the US.
Old 19th November 2012, 09:47   #6177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Nope. This is to be used here in the US.
You should seek help on AVforums or the like for your kind of question, reason being unless some one from the US or who knows the US TV industry replies to your query any other answer won't hold significance.
Models sold there are very different from Indian once, heck most companies release US only models as well and considering it is a Black Friday deal , it will probably be either a model which is not seeing movement but enough inventory is there or companies like Vizio and Samsung specifically tweak a model for Black Friday.

Whatever you do, get there really really early and be prepared to push and shove . I had a very bad experience in New York last year, completely gave up and left, it was madness. Hope you get what you want. Also remember to read the return/exchange instructions from the store you wish to buy, most stores don't return/exchange Black Friday stuff unless it is defective.
Happy Hunting.
Old 19th November 2012, 10:12   #6178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Whatever you do, get there really really early and be prepared to push and shove . I had a very bad experience in New York last year, completely gave up and left, it was madness. Hope you get what you want. Also remember to read the return/exchange instructions from the store you wish to buy, most stores don't return/exchange Black Friday stuff unless it is defective.
Happy Hunting.
Thanks for the pointers. I will find out about this particular model. I won't be purchasing the TV from a store, I'll be ordering it online, I don't want to get crushed under the Black Friday rush.
Old 19th November 2012, 11:50   #6179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
You should seek help on AVforums or the like for your kind of question, reason being unless some one from the US or who knows the US TV industry replies to your query any other answer won't hold significance.
I did some more research and this TV is sold as model no 40EH5330 in India.

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-40eh...md9tzeeeuqunjq

The model in US is 40EH5300. This is not a specific model that is made for Black Friday. It has got a very good score on this website which looks like doing a comprehensive review. It performs good/best in most areas except viewing angle.

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm

Any inputs?
Old 19th November 2012, 12:47   #6180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I did some more research and this TV is sold as model no 40EH5330 in India.

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-40eh...md9tzeeeuqunjq

The model in US is 40EH5300. This is not a specific model that is made for Black Friday. It has got a very good score on this website which looks like doing a comprehensive review. It performs good/best in most areas except viewing angle.

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm

Any inputs?
The reviews are not bad but I for one do not trust Samsung products and this is personal experience. I bought a Samsung 50 inch plasma in London in 2008 and it developed a fault within 8 months, my father bought a similar 50 inch plasma in India and the same fault in less than an year. My cousin bought a 42 inch LCD in Jersey and lo he had a sound issues. So our motto now is not to even touch Samsung products, sure they are cheap and offer a load of features but reliable they are not.

I don't know the kind of warranties you are getting with your piece so can't really suggest. Why don't you try out Panansonic or Sony, they are a bit pricey but they are reliable and offer one of the best if not the best picture qualities and that is the whole reason of buying a TV right. Rest is up to you. Don't really go for 3D unless you are sure you will enjoy it again from my experience it is more of a gimmick and more often than not gives you really bad head aches.

EDIT: If you like the concept of the internet apps and perhaps basing your choice on those parameters, do remember that a lot of the apps they give are tied to subscription based models which are not cheap. Wi-fi ready is also a money making scheme, just make sure it is Wi-fi enabled and get any aftermarket WI-fi Dongle and you will same money.

The model in question has scored well in reviews no doubt but I would really suggest before you order it online, do visit a store and take a comprehensive demo, seeing is believing after all.

Last edited by eq24 : 19th November 2012 at 12:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks