Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2012, 22:23   #6256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Dont worry too much. Just check the total hours used post installation.

http://www.highdefjunkies.com/showth...2#.UMFP7-Q9NJk

Congrats on the ST50ST. A fantastic TV and with a little calibration the pictures will look gorgeous
Many Thanks VW2010, I did check total hours, here is the pic. I haven't done any calibration though, didnt explore as it just looked good. Thanks again for your previous posts that helped me finalise the model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The date of manufacturing and the serial number itself can be cross checked with the inscription on the panel. The month of import is logical too, Dec does follow Nov. Stop over analyzing and start enjoying your purchase.
Where exactly can I find the insrcription on the panel? the bezel is covered with polythene still.
Indeed enjoying the telly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I agree. I cannot imagine being bombarded with repetitive news in that size. It will surely leave a lasting impression on many minds.

Great purchase. What is the MRP? How much was the cash discount?

Is that the Diwali offer?

Same here. Very few dealers selling plasma. Maximum one plasma on display and that too is either LG or Samsung. The Koreans really know how to penetrate the market (that includes Hyundai too).

What is your concern here?

When I spoke to one Pana brandshop the other day, he asked me to wait for one month for the stocks to arrive.
He also claimed that no one has these TVs in stock (I was interested in 42UT50 and 42ST50).
When I asked that shopclues has stock and selling for a good price, he said, these are all gray market pieces without warranty.
When I said Shopclues indicates that this is with Panasonic warranty, he said, even if they give it on paper, when there is a problem, Panasonic engineers will look at the serial number and since it won't be in some database, it will be considered out of warranty.
I am not buying that argument, but I do feel that Panasonic makes things difficult in more than one way.

Gray market: www.ebay.in. There are products available at 10K + discount and come with serve pro 1 year warranty.
An example is this one: http://www.ebay.in/itm/BRAND-NEW-SON...ht_6348wt_1139

BTW: It seems that Panasonic and Samsung 3D active glasses are the same and interchangeable.
http://geb.ebay.in/g/Newest-Bluetoot...d=330784596328
Quote:
Great purchase. What is the MRP? How much was the cash discount?, Is that the Diwali offer?
MRP was something around Rs.117230/- discount was 15K, Yes. it was diwali offer.

Quote:
What is your concern here?
Just curious if we can makeout some useful information.

The brandshop guy I purchased, sold most of his 42 inchers on Diwali straight from display! I'd better stay away from grey market

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Which city are you from? Even I tried hard in booking either ST50 or GT50 but brand shops refused to accept money saying that they are unsure whether these models would even be imported henceforth or not. Hence in the medley I lost the Diwali offer
Bangalore, I booked on 17th Nov as Diwali offer was ending on 18th. I heard from Pana guy that new stock is coming only in 2013, as the parts suppliers are facing year end inventoy crunch.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-20121207243.jpg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 12th December 2012 at 18:51. Reason: merging consecutive posts. Please use the multiquote option when replying to multiple posts in the same thread.
Old 12th December 2012, 11:42   #6257
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTrained View Post
MRP was something around Rs.117230/- discount was 15K, Yes. it was diwali offer.
Thanks!
It appears that Brandshop guys have either less margin or do not negotiate beyond a certain range.

Tip: Use multi-quote feature next time while replying to multiple people.

Further on the LG TV.
Yesterday, I posted about an offer from Flipkart.

LG 42LM6410 LED 42 inches Full HD 3D Television price Rs. 72,999.
I went to check out this TV at LG Shoppee around my area.
Though the TV did NOT look as good in terms of appearance/ bezel/ design etc, (when compared to the photographs on their site), I still decided to negotiate with the manager.
The best price he offered was Rs. 82000. When I showed him the Flipkart price on my mobile, he said that is surely without warranty.
When I insisted that this is Flipkart and they sell genuine stuff with manufacturer warranty, he said politely "Please take it from there if that is the case".

The 6700 series from LG looks really good -almost frame-less.
Old 12th December 2012, 15:51   #6258
BHPian

Hi Guys,

After going through most of the discussions out here on LED/LCD/Plasma and then on 2D vs 3D and further on EDGE LED vs Backlit LED decided to get Toshiba PS20 40" LED LCD Full HD TV.

Model details here.

Why Toshiba? - I wanted a decent priced LED TV in the 40" range. Wanted Full HD and USB play was a must have too. While most of the leading brands provide just 1 year warranty, Toshiba gives you 3 years. Guess that talks a lot about the product / company. Also read that it has great PQ, given the price range. I'm yet to have it installed in the apartment, so do not have a "first hand" report on PQ. but did like what I saw at the shop.

Now an interesting point is the Price. Toshiba India website lists it at INR 53,990/-. Various online shops list anywhere between 42k to around 46k. I did enquire about the product at QRS shop here in TRV (The one on MG road that also houses KFC) the guys were giving flat 10k off the sticker price -around 44k. I went home and did a little search online to compare the price, and guess what. I stumble up on QRSs' own website where the price is listed as INR 39,990/- . (Sorry did not take the screen shot ).

Armed with this information I call up the QRS guy next day morning and insisted that I would take the TV, but for the price listed on their website ie @ INR 39,990/- Reluctantly the sales guy agrees. Upon reaching the shop the following morning, I'm greeted by the sales guy, get the recipt, pay the money and a fresh TV is brought to the floor. I had taken a 500 GB HDD to test the USB Play back and it worked like a charm. Happy with the deal, I pack up and come home. The next day I get a call from Toshiba service center looking to book a time for installation. Good service response so far. But as I have not moved in to the apartment yet, I ask him to hold on for couple more weeks. He agrees.

Today thought I'll post my experience out here. Went into to QRS's website to take the screen and i see the price now being reviced to INR 44,600/-. I'm assuming there was some previous offer where the TV was sold for 40k and hence that price on the website and since then its been withdrawn. So guys if you are planing to pick this TV up, bargain hard for nothing more then 40k for the TV.

Link to the TV on QRS site here.

Regards
Bugs
Old 12th December 2012, 16:01   #6259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathmp View Post
Hi Guys,

After going through most of the discussions out here on LED/LCD/Plasma and then on 2D vs 3D and further on EDGE LED vs Backlit LED decided to get Toshiba PS20 40" LED LCD Full HD TV.

Model details here.

Why Toshiba? - I wanted a decent priced LED TV in the 40" range. Wanted Full HD and USB play was a must have too. While most of the leading brands provide just 1 year warranty, Toshiba gives you 3 years. Guess that talks a lot about the product / company. Also read that it has great PQ, given the price range. I'm yet to have it installed in the apartment, so do not have a "first hand" report on PQ. but did like what I saw at the shop.

Now an interesting point is the Price. Toshiba India website lists it at INR 53,990/-. Various online shops list anywhere between 42k to around 46k. I did enquire about the product at QRS shop here in TRV (The one on MG road that also houses KFC) the guys were giving flat 10k off the sticker price -around 44k. I went home and did a little search online to compare the price, and guess what. I stumble up on QRSs' own website where the price is listed as INR 39,990/- . (Sorry did not take the screen shot ).

Armed with this information I call up the QRS guy next day morning and insisted that I would take the TV, but for the price listed on their website ie @ INR 39,990/- Reluctantly the sales guy agrees. Upon reaching the shop the following morning, I'm greeted by the sales guy, get the recipt, pay the money and a fresh TV is brought to the floor. I had taken a 500 GB HDD to test the USB Play back and it worked like a charm. Happy with the deal, I pack up and come home. The next day I get a call from Toshiba service center looking to book a time for installation. Good service response so far. But as I have not moved in to the apartment yet, I ask him to hold on for couple more weeks. He agrees.

Today thought I'll post my experience out here. Went into to QRS's website to take the screen and i see the price now being reviced to INR 44,600/-. I'm assuming there was some previous offer where the TV was sold for 40k and hence that price on the website and since then its been withdrawn. So guys if you are planing to pick this TV up, bargain hard for nothing more then 40k for the TV.

Link to the TV on QRS site here.

Regards
Bugs
Thanks for the detailed experience report.
It looks like a nice TV, but it's not for me. One thing I need for sure is LAN Port and DLNA so that I can browse and play all the media lying on a PC on the same network.
I bought a Panasonic P42U30D in March 2012 for 40K. It got a vertical line in the panel in Oct 2012 and it was replaced by Panasonic P42UT50D. This TV is awesome with features like complete browser, Viera Market Place to download Apps, and offcourse DLNA. Another amazing feature of this one is the Viera App for Iphone. With a simple tap you can watch your Iphone videos on the TV. It has 3D too, but I have not tried it too as I am not a fan of 3D.

Styler.
Old 12th December 2012, 20:08   #6260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
I bought a Panasonic P42U30D in March 2012 for 40K. It got a vertical line in the panel in Oct 2012 and it was replaced by Panasonic P42UT50D.

Styler.
That is awesome. You got a 60K TV as replacement for a 40K TV.

Great service from Panasonic.
Old 14th December 2012, 15:18   #6261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
S_U_N, which brand shop is this, O mean location wise. I will be in Pune next weekend and would like to check out this place.
@Khoj: Were you able to check out the store/ display pieces?
I got a revised offer for P42GT50 @ Rs. 89K.

When I told him about 81K in Delhi, he said that would be without VAT or without bill or without warranty (meaning gray market).

Can you share some details?

BTW: The dealer's landing cost is Rs. 85K (as per the dealer).

Meanwhile, I was offered the ST50 for a lower price (in the 70-79K range, I think).
I have not seen ST50 panel so I do not know how dull it is in comparison to GT50 panel.

Anyone with first hand experience of the comparison?

Last edited by S_U_N : 14th December 2012 at 15:20.
Old 15th December 2012, 22:44   #6262
Senior - BHPian

The best offer I have received for P42GT50 is now 88K.
I have realized that the margin is about 27-30%.
I am interested in ST50 as well, but there are no display models.
Old 15th December 2012, 22:58   #6263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am interested in ST50 as well, but there are no display models.
@Sun. In naked eyes at showroom you cannot see any difference between these two models. If you have seen GT50 you have seen ST50. The differences in reality are visible in testing conditions. Its definitely close to VT50 but the ST50 is not a slough.

Saying this because i saw GT50 and got the ST50. Till now i cannot see any difference to my naked eyes. The difference is definitely worth the price difference but as an oxymoron it does not deserve looking them side by side for you will never be able to pick that minute difference in blacks.
Old 16th December 2012, 22:20   #6264
Senior - BHPian

There is 50ST30 model for around 73K available - I am sure it is negotiable.

What are the key differences between ST30 and ST50?
Old 17th December 2012, 07:40   #6265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
There is 50ST30 model for around 73K available - I am sure it is negotiable.

What are the key differences between ST30 and ST50?
ST30 might be a discontinued model, as I could not find the model anywhere.
If you look at the UT series. 50 vs 30 series, 30 has
Lower contrast ratio 4,000,000:1 vs 2,000,000:1
Lower refresh rate 4,500 vs 600 Hz
No SMART TV features.
Old 17th December 2012, 08:33   #6266
Senior - BHPian

The ST30 and ST50 are just next iteration of the model. There will definitely be differences in the glass used, process used to manufacture, better gray and black and further additions including smart tv features etc.

Its like 2010 model jetta vs 2011 model jetta. Neither of them is bad and hardly you can find a difference in handling and driving of the cars. Cosmetically there are some differences including materials used for manufacturing

If you can find an ST30 it can be bargained well for a good price as St50 have already started getting major demands.
Old 17th December 2012, 22:12   #6267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms_2191 View Post
Just bought Panasonic TH-L42E5D (42" LED) from Nikshan electronics. kannur. cost 51000 after all discounts. MRP was 66900.

Opening show was the adventure of Tintin. played in Full HD from pen drive. Just love it!
Cheers !
I got a quote of 55000 for the same model in Bangalore. What were the discounts that you had got?
Also can you watch youtube videos on the TV directly. It is not marketed as smart, but the salesman mentioned that it can run skype and play youtube videos. Can you let me know if yours does it?
Old 18th December 2012, 00:16   #6268
BHPian

Pana E5D is a smart tv with full functionality. It only needs a wifi dongle to connect through wifi. I've got 32 inch and video quality is very good. Audio however is below par.
Old 18th December 2012, 00:29   #6269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
Pana E5D is a smart tv with full functionality. It only needs a wifi dongle to connect through wifi. I've got 32 inch and video quality is very good. Audio however is below par.
Is it passive 3d, if yes I think it is only passive 3d in Panasonic line up.
Please share your experience of 3d watching regarding the eye strain.
Another thing, Panasonic is giving 3 year warranty on only plasma and not on LED please confirm.
My 21 inch CRT is giving trouble now.
I am thinking of HD tv now. Most probably Pana plasma or passive 3d led. Very limited non-3d line up now, sad story.
Old 18th December 2012, 09:24   #6270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
I got a quote of 55000 for the same model in Bangalore. What were the discounts that you had got?
Also can you watch Youtube videos on the TV directly. It is not marketed as smart, but the salesman mentioned that it can run skype and play Youtube videos. Can you let me know if yours does it?
i did bargain hard, even tried to walk out, hence the discount. this shop gives the highest discount in north kerala if you bargain.

about the skype and youtube option , i am not sure since i have never tried it. ask the sale man for a demo of the same if they are claiming it. that's the best way to find out. they will have the wifi or ethernet fecility for the same.

cheers !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks