Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2013, 16:37   #7006
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adentist View Post
What was the exchange price offered? I have a similar 6 year old Samsung 40 inch and am looking to upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Can you reveal the offer they made to the LCD and was it due to getting a Samsung again or we can trade in for a different brand too.
Well, I thought of doing it in private first. But, what the heck, why not share it with the whole world

I got an unbeilevable offer of Rs.20,000 for my 6 year old Samsung 40" LCD

This was not brand specific but, any 40" working condition LCD. When I first heard, I thought my ears were ringing and made the sales guy say it 2-3 times

Came back home and immediately took the decision to buy. I was thinking first wait till diwali then thought what if my existing tv gives away in that period...LOL...I decided to take the delivery immediately

I checked with Croma, Bajaj Electronics, Spencers, TMC. Some quoted 5k-7k as exchange price, some gave me a number of someone who can buy it off me, some even suggested to give it free of cost to someone i know as it wont fetch anything.

Hence, 20K offered by RD made it a superb deal.

I didnt stop at that, I squeezed in further ( took me 2-3 days of hard negotiations) and got the TV for a mouth watering price of NET 50K (MRP 78,500)

It was installed today morning and set up. Will see how it works first time when i reach home today

Hope this info helps prospective TV buyers this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Please remember to take it easy for the first 200 hours - the 'running in' time. There are many links on the Internet on the do's and dont's.
What? Run-in? We even have them for TV's. Haha! I didnt know that.

Could you please share in gist these DO's and DONT's? Thanks

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th October 2013 at 16:38.
Old 17th October 2013, 16:56   #7007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I got an unbeilevable offer of Rs.20,000 for my 6 year old Samsung 40" LCD

Hence, 20K offered by RD made it a superb deal.

I didnt stop at that, I squeezed in further ( took me 2-3 days of hard negotiations) and got the TV for a mouth watering price of NET 50K (MRP 78,500)
How much should my 3 year old 40" series 5 LCD fetch? Same 20k irrespective of the age?
Which branch of RD did offer these mouth watering price?
Old 17th October 2013, 17:04   #7008
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
How much should my 3 year old 40" series 5 LCD fetch? Same 20k irrespective of the age?Which branch of RD did offer these mouth watering price?
Firstly, it was Kachiguda branch, opp to Venkatramana Theatre

Secondly, when I went to finalize the store manager came in said, 20K is impossible and had a word with his sales exec and i thought the deal cracked up

He said normally we offer 10k-12k, i said your exec comitted 20k so either that or iam walking out. Lot of drama etc, then they agreed to 20K

3 years old or 7 years old doesnt matter, the moment you buy its value plummets down. I told them while negotiating my tv was 3 years old

Meet them and see what price they offer. While finalizing quote the exchange price they offered me and close the deal, let me know if you want me to speak to them before you finalize, glad to help out.
Old 17th October 2013, 17:07   #7009
BHPian

Quote:
Meet them and see what price they offer. While finalizing quote the exchange price they offered me and close the deal, let me know if you want me to speak to them before you finalize, glad to help out.
Kacheguda is very far for me, I stay in Kukatpally and have a RD there. Will check with them and update here.
Old 19th October 2013, 21:42   #7010
BHPian

Quote:
Went for a extensive search, RD. Croma. Bajaj Electronics.
Every store said the same, 10K max for my 40"

Now coming to the TV. At RD saw a 51" Samsung 3D Plasma running the match today in HD. I felt my 40" HD is far better. It was like watching a SD content.

LG, they have an offer. 90k including Yamaha 5.1. But the TV didn't give me the awe feel.

When enquired about Panasonic, he showed me one. Seriously, the content, clarity was 1000 times better than any other TV in the showroom. Its again a 3D Plasma, should be 55" costing 1Lac.

Now I have decide to go only for Panasonic.

Checked at the other 2 stores as well, but none of them had any Panasonics on display. Croma said, UT is discontinued and no STs as well. Only available is S

I am looking for a 50" 3D Plasma Panasonic. Any suggestions on the model.

Tomorrow planning to go to Panasonic exclusive shops. So need a quick response.
Old 19th October 2013, 23:31   #7011
BHPian

Saw the new big 85 inch Samsung UHD TV displayed at Reliance Digital & was pure droolmaal priced at 26.5 lakhs.

Just wondering who/how many would possibly buy such a big tv at 26.5Lakhs?
Old 20th October 2013, 00:30   #7012
Senior - BHPian

Guys, How's this ?

http://www.shopclues.com/videocon-ce...o.html#Reviews

and

http://www.shopclues.com/lg-42pn4500...sion-en-2.html

Among the two, Which one makes more sense? I am inclined towards the videocon and at the price, I guess it's a steal.
Old 20th October 2013, 10:23   #7013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What? Run-in? We even have them for TV's. Haha! I didnt know that.

Could you please share in gist these DO's and DONT's? Thanks
Here you go: http://www.hifivision.com/television...tion-burn.html
Old 20th October 2013, 17:26   #7014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Guys, How's this ?

http://www.shopclues.com/videocon-ce...o.html#Reviews

and

http://www.shopclues.com/lg-42pn4500...sion-en-2.html

Among the two, Which one makes more sense? I am inclined towards the videocon and at the price, I guess it's a steal.
Please check the seller ratings. Shopclues seems to have very dismal satisfaction rating.
http://www.buyingiq.com/sellers/shopclues
Old 21st October 2013, 14:20   #7015
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Thanks for the link.

Incidentally, I did not change any setting as the technician who fitted it was specific that we dont change any setting of contract, vividness etc which seems to be the strongest point for the run-in period.
Old 21st October 2013, 21:00   #7016
BHPian

Friends, I'm looking for a plasma TV within the budget of 50000INR . Any suggestions would be helpful. thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:10   #7017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Friends, I'm looking for a plasma TV within the budget of 50000INR . Any suggestions would be helpful. thanks
I am having samsung plasma tv PS43E490 with 3d . Costed Rs.43000. Purchased few months back. Doing good.
Less light in room results in better clarity.
Reflection from light through windows are appearing on tv screen .
Old 22nd October 2013, 13:40   #7018
BHPian

Quote:
Go for Panasonic 42UT50D 42 inch, full HD, 3D and Smart plasma for 56000/- best buy. You can look out for more discounts in this festive season but dont look anywhere else if you want to enjoy pure view!
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:17   #7019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You didnt mention the screen size? Since your budget is 50K, it has to be 42" maximum. Then you can go for Panasonic as their plasma's are the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I am having samsung plasma tv PS43E490 with 3d . Costed Rs.43000. Purchased few months back. Doing good.
Less light in room results in better clarity.Reflection from light through windows are appearing on tv screen .
I chose a plasma for this very reason as our living room doesnt have too much of light and our new Samsung Plasma 51" is looking gorgeous in the less light with no reflection from anywhere in the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Go for Panasonic 42UT50D 42 inch, full HD, 3D and Smart plasma for 56000/- best buy.
+1. Panasonic is indeed superior in Plasma. When I was searching for a 50" Plasma in Panasonic, I was getting the no stock available reply from almost all dealers and I wanted a combination of Plasma + 3D + Smart TV which i think is not available in Panasonic 50" models. Please do correct me if iam wrong.
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:21   #7020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link.

Incidentally, I did not change any setting as the technician who fitted it was specific that we dont change any setting of contract, vividness etc which seems to be the strongest point for the run-in period.
Also that you should not be keeping any static logos on the screen (e.g. DishtTV/ Airtel Logo or channel logos - especially in red or white). Use the zoom aspect ratio for some time.

Quote:
+1. Panasonic is indeed superior in Plasma. When I was searching for a 50" Plasma in Panasonic, I was getting the no stock available reply from almost all dealers and I wanted a combination of Plasma + 3D + Smart TV which i think is not available in Panasonic 50" models. Please do correct me if iam wrong.
ST60 and higher models have that combination. But yes, no stocks. :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks