Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:24   #7021
vij
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

+1. Panasonic is indeed superior in Plasma. When I was searching for a 50" Plasma in Panasonic, I was getting the no stock available reply from almost all dealers and I wanted a combination of Plasma + 3D + Smart TV which i think is not available in Panasonic 50" models. Please do correct me if iam wrong.

Depends. I have owned panasonics before and viewed the legendary Kuro up-close. The current latest F8500 Samsung is the best plasma IMO unless you consider ZT60.

F8500 plasma is equal in performance to the VT60, maybe sightly inferior blacks but better bright room performance than it. And ofcourse it blows away the other older panasonics like UT50 and ST50.

I own the 65" F8500 currently and I am yet to see a plasma that is as bright as the F8500(including all panasonics). If you have a bright room get an LED(and settle for its vices) or get the F8500 Plasma

Last edited by vij : 22nd October 2013 at 14:27.
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:30   #7022
BHPian

Quote:
+1. Panasonic is indeed superior in Plasma. When I was searching for a 50" Plasma in Panasonic, I was getting the no stock available reply from almost all dealers and I wanted a combination of Plasma + 3D + Smart TV which i think is not available in Panasonic 50" models. Please do correct me if iam wrong.
Panasonic has halted ( may even shut down ) its plasma panels factory in Amagasaki. Thats the main reason for a shortfall. The Jap brands and factories are not able to function with respectable margins whilst the Chinese and Korean Brands take over the LED/LCD markets.

Hopefully, the next quality product to come from PANASONIC will be the 4k OLED variety. Waiting for this to be at normal prices before i upgrade my Panny 50" bought in 2008.
Old 22nd October 2013, 17:38   #7023
BHPian

MY max screen size cannot be above 42 or 43 inches . As pana is closing I was considering lg or Samsung plasma . But now , one of my colleague says he knows a distributor who says he will source any model I specify. So now again the question for which 42 inch pana. Thanks for the suggestions
Old 22nd October 2013, 18:27   #7024
Senior - BHPian

From last years line up the 42GT50. Not sure if the 60 series has a GT in that size. Do share the price if he is able to locate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
MY max screen size cannot be above 42 or 43 inches . As pana is closing I was considering lg or Samsung plasma . But now , one of my colleague says he knows a distributor who says he will source any model I specify. So now again the question for which 42 inch pana. Thanks for the suggestions
Old 22nd October 2013, 23:50   #7025

Wanna get that experience you get when you use an iphone? That attention to detail and quality in a product that you crave for? That experience you almost never get from an Android device? Read on...

I was on the lookout for a decent 42" LED TV, but since im a stickler for full HD mkv's..I was willing to pay the premium for picture quality. Right from the get go at the showroom I noticed that the Sony W6 series was way better in pic quality compared to all the Samsungs and LGs which were overstocked due to customer demand. The sales rep told me that there is a premium you pay for any Sony product, but you get the best bang for the buck. So then I came across their X-Reality pro processor tech, yada yada etc. The picture quality was plain amazing though. Brilliant contrasts, deep blacks. Finally settled on the 42W670A which was bundled with a blu-ray player for 2700 AED (Gitex promo).
Came home and found out that the Smart TV features were decent, but it's just a pain in the ass to watch YT vids etc (It's great to watch full length documentaries etc, but not small clips). However I noticed that the TV completely removed grain from YT vids and made even SD stuff watchable. Any video from Vimeo is plain gorgeous. Truly astounding.
Scratch that. Any video - be it SD or sub-SD is awesome to watch. Its a whole new experience. You never see any blocks of any kind. The X-reality processor is one helluva beast. Further on noticed that there are a ton of picture quality features that can be tweaked - skin tone naturalisation, etc.

If you're the consumer who cannot stand sub par stuff, stay away from the LG's and Samsungs. Sony has a winner here. Sure its a little bit ahead in terms of pricing. But the joy in watching your movies as they were meant to be watched cannot be compared.

As a child I remember Sony's aggressive Kirara Baso campaign for their TV's in 1991. I pushed my dad to buy one because of how the TV stood out, and surprisingly 22 years later - it was the same experience at the showroom. The Sony outdid every TV when it came to picture quality.
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:29   #7026
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here's an earlier post regarding 2012 Pana Plasma range, they do have 3D + Smart TV combo in the 50" size as well.
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:50   #7027
BHPian

Quote:
You didnt mention the screen size? Since your budget is 50K, it has to be 42" maximum. Then you can go for Panasonic as their plasma's are the best

I chose a plasma for this very reason as our living room doesnt have too much of light and our new Samsung Plasma 51" is looking gorgeous in the less light with no reflection from anywhere in the room.

There is 50 inch plasma available with model 2012 series like 50UT50D, 50VT50D,50GT50D.
Also now 60D series came that is 2013 models with 50ST60D which is plasma+3D+smart.but expensive with compare to 2012 models.
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:46   #7028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Also that you should not be keeping any static logos on the screen (e.g. DishtTV/ Airtel Logo or channel logos - especially in red or white). Use the zoom aspect ratio for some time.(
How do you use the zoom aspect ratio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
I own the 65" F8500 currently and I am yet to see a plasma that is as bright as the F8500(including all panasonics). If you have a bright room get an LED(and settle for its vices) or get the F8500 Plasma
Iam aware abou the F8500 Plasma from samsung and I do know it blows all plasmas out of the water. Only 2 issues, it comes in only 65" screen size and it 2 lakhs plus in price while I got the one model down to 8500 for 50K and dont mind settling with its lower features as the price was simply mouthwatering

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Panasonic has halted ( may even shut down ) its plasma panels factory in Amagasaki. Hopefully, the next quality product to come from PANASONIC will be the 4k OLED variety. Waiting for this to be at normal prices before i upgrade my Panny 50" bought in 2008.
That's right, Panny have stopped making panels and going forward the Koreans will dominate this department as well. Btw, I was under the impression that Samsung is the biggest panel manafacturer and other companies like Sony etc also source from them and insert their propretiary algorithms to make their tv's? Is there any truth in that rumour?
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:52   #7029
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Iam aware abou the F8500 Plasma from samsung and I do know it blows all plasmas out of the water. Only 2 issues, it comes in only 65" screen size and it 2 lakhs plus in price while I got the one model down to 8500 for 50K and dont mind settling with its lower features as the price was simply mouthwatering
I got the 65" few months back for 1.86... Pretty sure its cheaper now.

You got Samsung F5500? Yes, its comparable to F8500 when the room is dark and fantastic value for money indeed! Smart purchase.
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:54   #7030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
You got Samsung F5500? Yes, its comparable to F8500 when the room is dark and fantastic value for money indeed! Smart purchase.
Yup, F5500 and 51" model. I know its pretty decent for its price and since my living room doesnt attract any external light, made this even more sense to pick it up.
Old 23rd October 2013, 17:45   #7031
BHPian

I am planning to buy UA32F5500ARLXL-samsung 32" led tv. Costs around Rs. 42K. Requirements are 32 inch, need to be SMART tv, good sync with my Samsung smartphones and budget less than Rs.45K.

Any feedback on this model? Any other better brands/models which suits my requirements?
Old 24th October 2013, 12:17   #7032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a button on the remote which can cycle through the various aspect ratios.
I have that on my Panasonic remote. I bet Samsung should have something similar.
Old 24th October 2013, 14:18   #7033
BHPian

Quote:

I have the same model as yours. Press on "More" button on the smart touch remote, you'll get a mini remote on left bottom side. Look for "P. Size". Upon clicking, you'll be presented with various zoom options. Your current setting would be "16:9". Make it "Wide zoom" or "Zoom". Zoom is max zoom that you could achieve.
Old 28th October 2013, 14:24   #7034
BHPian

I have bought the Samsung PS51F5500, 51" Full HD 3D Plasma TV on Thursday. Overall experience is wonderful. 3D viewing is just superb.
Owners of this tv-Does this TV come with only one touchpad remote?? No normal remote with this??
Old 28th October 2013, 15:02   #7035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, F5500 and 51" model. I know its pretty decent for its price and
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I have the same model as yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
I have bought the Samsung PS51F5500, 51" Full HD 3D Plasma TV on Thursday.
Looks like Panasonic's loss is Samsung's gain.
What is the current market price for this TV? (Please do not quote MRP).

Edit: Chennai guys you might be interested in this for watching that big new TV.
http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner...-recliner.html

Last edited by S_U_N : 28th October 2013 at 15:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks