Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2012, 07:53   #6121
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan86 View Post
A lot of people on gtplanet swear by this brand, has anybody here had any experience with one of these?

http://www.sharpproducts.in/product....1&cat=LED%20TV

Sharp is one of the early makers of LCD and LED TV's. The picture quality of the elite pro is one of the best in LED TV's and may be best in LED TV's. But the price of the TV basically puts people off and equally good LED or Plasma TV's that are far cheaper takes the VFM out of Sharp.

SHarp is Japanese and the quality of electronics will be exceptionally HIGH and the service scheme of things in India is something that needs to be researched.
Old 1st November 2012, 08:57   #6122
Team-BHP Support

I do not have any intention of buying a new LED or LCD, but my friend has. And instead of looking up at reviews at someplace else, I thought to read some stuff here.

Shocked to see the response Sony throws up. He was considering a Sony at prices around 50K.

A new LG Shoppe has opened up right across my house & I was mighty impressed with its high end TV. (costing something around 1.2K)

But Sony has a TV costing 16lacs? http://www.sony.co.in/product/kd-84x9000 Isn't that a lot for a TV?

Usually in metros, the shop directs you to the service center, but here, the shop keeper has to bear the brunt if something goes wrong. Fingers crossed as he is adamant on Sony.

BTW, my Wega in all its 10+ yrs has thrown zilch problems. Save for changing remote batteries. And I am really unsure that if I have to buy a LED today, which way would I head for.
Old 1st November 2012, 10:11   #6123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel

BTW, my Wega in all its 10+ yrs has thrown zilch problems. Save for changing remote batteries. And I am really unsure that if I have to buy a LED today, which way would I head for.
Yes the Wega are really reliable.
I have one that is 12 years old.
Thanks to the flat screen, SDTV still looks wonderful on it. Mine has a woofer and thus, the sound is much better than today's crop of LCD Sets.
Old 1st November 2012, 10:52   #6124
BHPian

The life of LCD / LED / PLASMA TVs of today is just 2-5 yrs max compared to the good old CRT TVs which work for over 10 yrs.
Old 1st November 2012, 11:18   #6125
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used the REconnect brand of TV's? These are available at Reliance stores.
An example is this one: http://www.reliancedigital.in/tvs-au...v-42-inch.html

I saw these for the first time (when I went to Reliance to buy something). The picture quality looked fine to me (and comparable to the other brands kept there), but I am not an expert to judge PQ in 5 minutes.

Are these Chinese imports re-badged as Reconnect?
They had Reconnect DVD players, speakers and some more items too, perhaps.
Old 1st November 2012, 11:50   #6126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
The life of LCD / LED / PLASMA TVs of today is just 2-5 yrs max compared to the good old CRT TVs which work for over 10 yrs.
So what option does one have? I mean no longer these are made and you spend close to 1lac whose life expectancy is mere 5 years at the max?

Sheesh!!

Last edited by Sheel : 1st November 2012 at 11:53.
Old 1st November 2012, 14:21   #6127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The life of LCD / LED / PLASMA TVs of today is just 2-5 yrs max compared to the good old CRT TVs
Are you sure their life is just 2-5 years. My old plasma is 6 years old and i am sure it will last another 4 years. My brothers LCD is 5 years old and its not showing any signs of stopping.

Are you going to use the TV 24/7 and still i am sure they can survive the onslaught for 2 years.
Old 1st November 2012, 23:23   #6128
BHPian

Hi all,

I need to buy a flat-screen(LED/Plasma) tv which will be basically installed in my shop. I want to buy a 32 inch screen which is light on the pocket as well as reliable. Do not need the tv have all the smart wizardry, just a couple of usb ports that handle major formats like avi,mp4 mkv and alike. So what do you suggest?
Old 2nd November 2012, 00:48   #6129
Senior - BHPian

You got it spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

Try Samsung's 5 series or Toshiba. Though Philips could be the one to give you all of the formats at the least price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
I want to buy a 32 inch screen which is light on the pocket as well as reliable. Do not need the tv have all the smart wizardry, just a couple of usb ports that handle major formats like avi,mp4 mkv and alike.
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:10   #6130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Quoting you for the sake of it :-)

Which brand would you trust to give the least issue? The ASC is indeed region & personnel dependent so not looking at that.

Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:51   #6131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
They had Reconnect DVD players, speakers and some more items too, perhaps.
Since Reliance does not manufacture TVs, it has to be some chinese import. what else ?

Coming to picture quality, i found it dull, even if you compare it with the LG IPS panel.(samsung and sony are too bright anyway)

And these are basic TV, no LAN port as well.

Only plus being 2 year service warranty by reliance, since they are having good network.

What is your budget for 32 inch ?

Toshiba has good collection in 20-25K(PS20, PS200) and if you stretch further you got Samsung EH40003, if you use the HDD, then look at EH4000.

5 series samsung or sony would be beyond 30K but to be frank for a small size such as 32 inch i did not see any difference between 4 series and 5 series(i ended up buying EH4000 for about 27K)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Hi all,

I need to buy a flat-screen(LED/Plasma) tv which will be basically installed in my shop. I want to buy a 32 inch screen which is light on the pocket as well as reliable. Do not need the tv have all the smart wizardry, just a couple of usb ports that handle major formats like avi,mp4 mkv and alike. So what do you suggest?
Nope, you would not require smart features. And not even LAN.

Sub 30K, you got Toshiba and Samsung EH4000. which can play all the formats you have listed above.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 2nd November 2012 at 10:53.
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:55   #6132
Senior - BHPian

Based on my recent experience(s), I would have to say Panasonic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Quoting you for the sake of it :-)

Which brand would you trust to give the least issue? The ASC is indeed region & personnel dependent so not looking at that.

Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 19:55   #6133
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, 2 queries:
1. This is for a friend who is looking to buy a Plasma and trying to decide between Samsung PS51E8000 and Panasonic TH-P50ST50D. The Samsung is available for ~ 90k (MRP 100k), with 4 3D glasses and also a Samsung 7" tab free.

Not sure what deals (home theater/laser printer?) are available with the Panasonic. Any idea about the freebies and the best pricing for the Panasonic ?

Which one is better ?

Maybe @Khoj, @VW2010 can help with this.

2. @VW2010 - A question on the 1+2 warranty. I bought a P42ST30D in march this year and the dealer gave me the warranty card mentioning 1+2 yrs but I just realised it also says I need to mail the card to Panasonic within 7 days of purchase I don't think my product is registered, can I send a scanned copy to them by email ? Please let me know the email id to send this to.

Last edited by NPV : 5th November 2012 at 19:59.
Old 5th November 2012, 21:17   #6134
Senior - BHPian

@NPV - Saw the Modern world ad in TOI regarding an offer with 50UT50D - laser printer worth 10K+ Bollywood hungama coupons worth 10K. Similar offer may also be there with 50ST50D. Please check
Old 5th November 2012, 21:37   #6135
Senior - BHPian

Panasonic is not known for printers at least in India

So just calculate the cost of cartridges and service.

My advice , push for cash discounts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks