Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2013, 09:05   #6391
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@SUN

wondering when these TV would HIT Indian stores considering the 50 series are not available anywhere in india.

They have added a host of smart features and hopefully worked on some screen updates as well.
Well, that is the funny part. India is probably not on Panasonic's priority list so the supplies go to the western world.
Hence, there are no stocks since the last 2 months reaching India. Everytime there is a message from the brand shops saying "stock expected this weekend". The funny part is that they cannot guarantee if stock will arrive or not.
Old 9th January 2013, 11:13   #6392
BHPian

Guys,

I have been offered a Pana Plasma P50GT50 for 1.05L , Delivery is 3 weeks from now , is this a good price ?

Regds
Raghu
Old 9th January 2013, 11:48   #6393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post
Guys,

I have been offered a Pana Plasma P50GT50 for 1.05L , Delivery is 3 weeks from now , is this a good price ?

Regds
Raghu
An excellent price! Please can you share details so that me and S_U_N can also consider the offer?
Old 9th January 2013, 12:39   #6394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Regds
Raghu
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
An excellent price! Please can you share details so that me and S_U_N can also consider the offer?
The price is fine. I got an offer for 1 lac, I made partial payment and then next day I was told that there are no stocks even after confirmation with the warehouse.

So my suggestion is don't give any money till they show you the sealed box.
There is no guarantee of delivery after three weeks.
Old 9th January 2013, 16:37   #6395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Regds
Raghu
Check with Devi International in jayanagar. They will usually have ready stock!
Old 10th January 2013, 11:45   #6396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
\

I am going to save other from explaining..

simple answer is - No. Just get a new TV. Get a used on from your friends at even better discount than getting an used one from shop.

Search this thread and i am sure there are enough discussion around why you should avoid display pieces.
Thanks VW, will definately update my friend about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I would be interested in display pieces, especially with a plasma since it is possible to see the hours it has been used. Also, I can check for "burn in" and buzzing problems before hand.
It is like buying a car with engine running in already done for you.
But display needs closer inspection.
Yes, I read some posts about the long term impact of stickers, residual image on screen. Let me ask him if he checked the TV or not. Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 16:02   #6397
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, Panasonic has released information about the 2013 lineup of TV's
http://tech2.in.com/news/hdtvs/ces-2...-lineup/676392

Good to know that they will be launching some non 3D models in 2013. The P42S60D just fits my requirement (Full HD without 3D) . I already have a P42UT50D and I have never used 3D. I hope the price for the P42S60D would be good so that I can buy one when it is launched in India.

Styler
Old 10th January 2013, 21:45   #6398
BHPian

The 2012 line up reached Indian showrooms in later half of 2012. We are already discussing 2013 line up, which if same trend applies, will reach the showrooms six months from now! That's going to be a long wait! Moreover the features described in link above are for US models (note prefix TC, Asian models start with TH).
Old 10th January 2013, 21:57   #6399
BHPian

Quote:

Edit: Major drawbacks of plasma in my opinion:
1. Burn out
2. Image retention
3. Have to be very careful for the first 200 hours - cannot enjoy TV for the first 2 - 3 months.
4. Huge electricity bills.
I purchased three TVs in last three years (all in different cities - kept on moving); first one was a Samsung 46" LCD - though the picture quality was very good it had some ghosting while playing games, I then bought an LG Plasma (42PJ560R) which was the best of the lot and the only problem was glossy display which was not very good when kept directly against a light source, third TV (bought two months ago) is a Samsung Plasma (E450), it does not have the reflection problem but is far far inferior to LG Plasma in picture quality.

Leaving all that apart, I can tell and confirm you that Burn Out and Image Retention in Plasma are things of the past now; and you are not likely to run into HUGE electricity bills unless may be you are buying a 60" or larger Plasma.
Old 11th January 2013, 16:02   #6400
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

While Burn In may be a thing of the past,Image Retention is still an issue.Just look at the thread in avsforums about this,there is always some one joining their forum and posting about the Image Retention issue in their plasmas and thats a sticky thread.
Old 11th January 2013, 19:07   #6401
Senior - BHPian

In other news from Panasonic,
Panasonic will close plasma TV plant in Shanghai
http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article...&type=Business
Old 12th January 2013, 13:07   #6402
BHPian

Need a quick help,
Need to buy 2 TVs immediately
1.40-42 inch mainly used to watch movies, Discovery and Natioanl Geo chanels and Sports

budget is 50K

also which is best DTH service provider? I am thinking to buy Tata Sky +.

2. 32 inch. will be used by mom to see soap operas.

budget is 30K.
Old 12th January 2013, 20:32   #6403
BHPian

would suggest everyone stay away from Panasonic plaza. I know from a very reliable source that Pana will wind up plasma and there will be no more plasma TV in 2013. LCD fate is yet to be known.

so look at sammy or lg if you are particular about plasma
Old 13th January 2013, 09:50   #6404
BHPian

I am in Look out to buy LED TV in Chennai. Seeing that buying from importers gives one a good% discount on prices, how much can we expect for a Sony 46" HX750? (BTW, heard a price of 61k for 40" of same model with MRP=83k). Pls advice on 46". Apologies: if we indeed refrain from discussing grey market prices here. Do PM though!
Also what are ventilation requirements if any - for, I have a wooden shelf which perhaps will offer only an inch or max 2 of slack space on sides and top, but plenty on back. (That bit affecting choice of 40" or 46" too :( unfortunately adding to confusion)
Old 13th January 2013, 14:02   #6405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
I am in Look out to buy LED TV in Chennai. Seeing that buying from importers gives one a good% discount on prices, how much can we expect for a Sony 46" HX750? (BTW, heard a price of 61k for 40" of same model with MRP=83k). Pls advice on 46". Apologies: if we indeed refrain from discussing grey market prices here. Do PM though!
Also what are ventilation requirements if any - for, I have a wooden shelf which perhaps will offer only an inch or max 2 of slack space on sides and top, but plenty on back. (That bit affecting choice of 40" or 46" too :( unfortunately adding to confusion)
I've always bought grey especially because the one year warranty is not justification enough to pay showroom prices. Out of touch of current rates but I highly recommend this route for value for money.
I picked up a 46 LCD and two 32 Lcds Sony in the past two years. Been buying CRTs too grey since early 90s

Most Viewed