Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2013, 15:05   #6526

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Picked up a 46" RECONNECT LED TV (Full HD) from Reliance Digital, T.Nagar, Chennai for 54999/=
Philips 3-D Blue-ray player with 5.1 home theatre comes free.
Purchased a V-Guard voltage stablizer for 3K.
TV has a warranty for 2 years and player has a warranty for 1 year.
Was offered additional warranty of 2 years for 6K (original price 8K with 25% discount) but declined.
Interest free 10 EMI financing from Bajaj.
Regards
Raj
Old 26th February 2013, 15:29   #6527
Senior - BHPian

Ok. You can refer to this: http://www.hifivision.com/television...tion-burn.html

Also visit other forums for AV in case you want to read more.
Old 26th February 2013, 15:53   #6528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Ok. You can refer to this: http://www.hifivision.com/television...tion-burn.html

Also visit other forums for AV in case you want to read more.
Thats a useful piece of information. I quickly turned around and asked the guys sitting near my cubicle, none heard about it . Thanks for sharing, its detailed and easy for anyone to understand.
Old 26th February 2013, 19:34   #6529
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to buy Panasonic TH-L42E5D. Anyone who has bought it, please let me know the reviews for it. I am planning to book it this weekend from Reliance Digital. What could be the best price I can bargain for, currently Reliance Digital is quoting 58000/-. Flipkart is giving it for 53999/- but I dont feel good buying online. Why there is a big difference between online (particularly flipkart.com) and other retail outlets?
Old 26th February 2013, 20:58   #6530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Hi All,

I am planning to buy Panasonic TH-L42E5D. Anyone who has bought it, please let me know the reviews for it. I am planning to book it this weekend from Reliance Digital. What could be the best price I can bargain for, currently Reliance Digital is quoting 58000/-. Flipkart is giving it for 53999/- but I dont feel good buying online. Why there is a big difference between online (particularly flipkart.com) and other retail outlets?
I would suggest to visit the panasonic brand showroom near bhanashankari on the ORR. I had a quote of 54K from them. Had a very good experience with them compared to the other brandshops in bangalore they were quite upfront. Will definitely recommend them.
And by the way i ended up buying the 42XT50D for 45K. LED could not match up to the clarity of a plasma. Do a comparison and you can notice the difference yourself.
Old 26th February 2013, 21:13   #6531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
I would suggest to visit the panasonic brand showroom near bhanashankari on the ORR. I had a quote of 54K from them. Had a very good experience with them compared to the other brandshops in bangalore they were quite upfront. Will definitely recommend them.
And by the way i ended up buying the 42XT50D for 45K. LED could not match up to the clarity of a plasma. Do a comparison and you can notice the difference yourself.
Thanks for your reply. Sure I will make a visit. BTW are there any Panasonic brandshops in and around Koramangala? I know that Plasma would give much better experience, however I am bit concerned about the power consumption of plasmas. I will take a look at it when I go there this weekend.
Old 26th February 2013, 21:21   #6532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Sure I will make a visit. BTW are there any Panasonic brandshops in and around Koramangala? I know that Plasma would give much better experience, however I am bit concerned about the power consumption of plasmas. I will take a look at it when I go there this weekend.
Why are you considering LED's from Panasonic only. The performance is strictly mediocre.
Have you personally looked at that model? I would suggest consider other brands as well.

Meanwhile, I spoke to the bigger of the two Panasonic dealer asking when he is getting Plasma stock.

His reply was: "I have give up. I have been calling the company every two days. But if the company itself is not interested in selling what can I do."

He is truly frustrated with this step-motherly treatment.
Considering it is a brandshop, perhaps he is considering making this into a multi-brand showroom in the future?

Last edited by S_U_N : 26th February 2013 at 21:22.
Old 26th February 2013, 21:26   #6533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Why are you considering LED's from Panasonic only. The performance is strictly mediocre.
Have you personally looked at that model? I would suggest consider other brands as well.
I have not seen the model personally. But got to read couple of reviews hence thought of taking a look at it. Actually the model that I mentioned falls in my budget range. I had a look at other brands such as Sony, Samsung etc. but those were bit pricey.
Old 26th February 2013, 22:06   #6534
BHPian

Quote:
Avoid the koramangala and jayanagar ones - did not have a good experience. E5D is a good option compared to the other brands in the same bracket. About the power consumption, even i had the same worries, but then i calculated that the 9K price difference between a plasma and LED would easily pay out the differential power bills over a 5 year period.
Old 27th February 2013, 08:36   #6535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
VU is a brand owned by Zenith Computers. I thought their brand adv said, designed in US. I might be wrong.

I have been a happy customer of VU 46" LED TV for just more than a year now, there was a failure of video board sometime back due to my local cable problem, it was promptly replaced free of cost within 4 days, else TV has been trouble free and display quality is very good. The menu and remote looks just basic for the price of INR 52.5K it has been a VFM product so far.
Old 28th February 2013, 21:29   #6536
BHPian

Planning to check out some 32" LED TVs over this weekend (Toshiba, Sony and Panasonic), will appreciate if the any current users of the following models share their experience including service issues if any to help me.

Toshiba PT200
Pana E5D
Sony EX650

Any other 32" models to consider?

Not looking for 3D for this one since the Pana 42GT will be enough to cater to 3D viewing requirements.

Thanks in advance !!!

Also looking for some pointers for a HT setup, including brands/models etc for the Pana 42GT in the 20-25K range.
Old 1st March 2013, 17:15   #6537
BHPian

I posted in the last page about choosing between a Sharp 29 inch LED or a Videocon 32 inch LED. The requirement was for smallish room.

At the end I ended up with a Sony 24 inch LED. EX430. At 17.5k its image quality is excellent (the smaller screen size obviously helps). Fits my requirement perfectly. The screen size doesnt feel so small (for my requirement that is). Easily better than any TV in that range including the 26 inch LEDs and the basic 32 inch LEDS. IMO the image quality is comparable to TVs worth twice its price.

Would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a 24-26 inch LED TV.

Last edited by superutp : 1st March 2013 at 17:18.
Old 3rd March 2013, 17:18   #6538
BHPian

I own a Samsung E490 Plasma.Truly worth the price you give it.Even though it's just HD,The picture clarity is like FHD.Now Which STB I have to go for?
Old 4th March 2013, 12:59   #6539
BHPian

I am looking to buy a 40 inch TV. I found Toshiba providing excellent picture quality to pricing value. Any positive or negative reviews about Toshiba service or hardware quality?
Old 4th March 2013, 13:35   #6540
BHPian

Does anyone of you have used a swivel wall mount to mount the TV? Is it easily available? Any pointers to pricing of the same?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks