Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2013, 15:16   #6466
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Today's visit was just an exploratory visit. I haven't decided whether I'll buy a plasma and that too from this shop. But just to put things in perspective, I just browsed few pages of this thread and came across few quotes in Chennai/Trivandrum. These were around 1 lakh for 50ST50 4/5 months ago. If I assume the prices of TV did not move downwards, then I think the prices of this shop are in that range only.
Someone got 50ST50 for 91K here:
http://www.hifivision.com/television...ks-etc-72.html

Someone was quoted 86K for the same here but it was not available, so perhaps that quote does not qualify
http://www.hifivision.com/television...tml#post443664

One more quote of 88K, but he went for a cheaper model
http://www.hifivision.com/television...tml#post436160

So, I do believe getting it for 90K is possible.

Edit: 96K with 2 extra 3D glasses included:
http://www.hifivision.com/television...tml#post465342

Last edited by S_U_N : 6th February 2013 at 15:20.
Old 6th February 2013, 17:01   #6467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
So, I do believe getting it for 90K is possible.

Edit: 96K with 2 extra 3D glasses included:
http://www.hifivision.com/television...tml#post465342
Okay now I get it. Actually, I did no research beyond team-bhp so was not aware of it. But you are right, especially the last link is as of today. So guess, we'll have to wait till stocks are available with other shops.
Old 6th February 2013, 18:27   #6468
BHPian

Panasonic will not sell Plasma's in India (and mostly outside too) very soon. The manufacturing plant(major production) has already been shut down.That's the reason for shortage of Plasmas and they are currently clearing stocks.

So chances are very less for new stocks coming up.
Old 6th February 2013, 21:37   #6469
BHPian

need a quick help...

i bought a LED tv from ebay India and need to send the form 16 since i reside in kerala.

would like to know if this is the 'certificate of ownership' form?
Old 6th February 2013, 22:52   #6470
Senior - BHPian

Yes it is indeed the C of O. Click the link to see rules governing the same and a sample copy.

http://www.casbyglobalair.com/docume...tic/Kerala.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
would like to know if this is the 'certificate of ownership' form?

If that is the case then what were they doing displaying the new series of Plasmas at CES2013 in Las Vegas, last month and which plant is shut down, please share more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Panasonic will not sell Plasma's in India (and mostly outside too) very soon. The manufacturing plant(major production) has already been shut down.That's the reason for shortage of Plasmas and they are currently clearing stocks.

So chances are very less for new stocks coming up.

Last edited by khoj : 6th February 2013 at 23:03.
Old 7th February 2013, 14:44   #6471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
If that is the case then what were they doing displaying the new series of Plasmas at CES2013 in Las Vegas, last month and which plant is shut down, please share more details.
In January they close the plasma factory in Shanghai.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...278808676.html

However there could be another perspective to the closure.
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...ese-protesters

Earlier they closed one factory in Czech republic.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...e-reports.html

The good news is that stock is expected towards end of this month.
The not so good thing is getting spares/ replacement will be more difficult if supply is so constraint.

Edit: Bangalore guys can grab this:
http://www.clickindia.com/detail.php?id=131011531
Old 7th February 2013, 17:35   #6472
Senior - BHPian

P42UT50D at 55,555 with Panasonic 3D digital Camera Worth Rs. 14990/

http://www.infibeam.com/TVs/i-Panaso...bTrackId=16CL1

Great pricing.

Caution: At your own risk with Infibeam.
Old 12th February 2013, 14:50   #6473
Senior - BHPian

Some time back there was a discussion of using a stabilizer or sine wave UPS for LCD/LED/Plasma/ other sensitive electronics.

I was exploring this further and came across http://www.sollatek.co.in/products_b2c.php.

Sine wave inverter/ UPS is of course a better choice, but it costs 4-5 times more.

I have posted a query in the home appliance thread hoping that someone has used products from Sollatek before.
Old 13th February 2013, 23:34   #6474
BHPian

Quote:
P42UT50D at 55,555 with Panasonic 3D digital Camera Worth Rs. 14990/

http://www.infibeam.com/TVs/i-Panaso...bTrackId=16CL1

Great pricing.

Caution: At your own risk with Infibeam.
...inching to get this offer through infibeam. (The pana shop at GN Chetty road has got 42UT50 in stock but the best quote is not less than 69k with no freebie.) So I called infibeam today and they say that indeed they will make the delivery since it is mentioned as "in stock". Any way upon my insistence the support person told he will get an email response to my queries (which included about in-stock confirmation, is it free or paid installation, and how to get glasses which is not by default included with UT50 models). Per him, for 2 glasses I will have to spend around 9 to 10k!. OR I read else where that you can use samsung glasses availble at 1k+ price with this. Are these glasses rechargeable? and where are they available? If that is the case, I can get UT itself at this attractive price.
Perhaps due to this reason I may look at 42ST50 too which comes at 20k more than this in same site but give better sound and better panel and wifi built in and 2 glasses.
Anybody know anyone who shopped Plasma through infibeam ?

One more query: about space around the unit. With 42" on its stand, I would have hardly a cm left at top of the unit which will go in the wooden shelf at home. Will it create an issue, as plasma tvs heat up more than others, also whichever model would require some gap at top eitherway for ventillation? My shelf will have enough (1ft+) empty space at the back of unit though, and also some 6 to 7" on sides (useful for working on those side connections).

Last edited by ThePunter : 13th February 2013 at 23:41. Reason: one more query
Old 14th February 2013, 09:33   #6475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
. Per him, for 2 glasses I will have to spend around 9 to 10k!. OR I read else where that you can use samsung glasses availble at 1k+ price with this. Are these glasses rechargeable? and where are they available? If that is the case, I can get UT itself at this attractive price.
I will let Sagar answer if the TV comes with any glasses at all. He has purchased the same TV.
AFAIK the glasses that come with the TV use button cells. You have to replace the cells every 10 movies or so.

Quote:
One person reported on another forum that it took him nearly 40 days of follow up to get the bill. The TV was supposed to come with 2 3D glasses but there were none present. Another follow up was needed after which he got 1 pair of 3D glasses.
So, be prepared to spend time and energy chasing these guys.

Also find out which is the camera that they are giving.

Last edited by S_U_N : 14th February 2013 at 09:34.
Old 14th February 2013, 11:02   #6476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...inching to get this offer through infibeam. (The pana shop at GN Chetty road has got 42UT50 in stock but the best quote is not less than 69k with no freebie.) So I called infibeam today and they say that indeed they will make the delivery since it is mentioned as "in stock". Any way upon my insistence the support person told he will get an email response to my queries (which included about in-stock confirmation, is it free or paid installation, and how to get glasses which is not by default included with UT50 models). Per him, for 2 glasses I will have to spend around 9 to 10k!. OR I read else where that you can use samsung glasses availble at 1k+ price with this. Are these glasses rechargeable? and where are they available? If that is the case, I can get UT itself at this attractive price.
Perhaps due to this reason I may look at 42ST50 too which comes at 20k more than this in same site but give better sound and better panel and wifi built in and 2 glasses.

One more query: about space around the unit. With 42" on its stand, I would have hardly a cm left at top of the unit which will go in the wooden shelf at home. Will it create an issue, as plasma tvs heat up more than others, also whichever model would require some gap at top eitherway for ventillation? My shelf will have enough (1ft+) empty space at the back of unit though, and also some 6 to 7" on sides (useful for working on those side connections).
Glasses dont come with the package. They were provided by the dealer.2 glasses. That price for 42ST50 is sweet.!!

And dont worry about the space. If there is some 5 inches space between the TV and the wall, its more than sufficient!
Old 14th February 2013, 11:20   #6477
BHPian

Quote:

Yes there is a problem. The top of the tv should be kept clear. 1 cm is too small a gap. You need at least 6 inches.
Old 14th February 2013, 14:11   #6478
BHPian

Quote:
I will let Sagar answer if the TV comes with any glasses at all. He has purchased the same TV.
AFAIK the glasses that come with the TV use button cells. You have to replace the cells every 10 movies or so.

One person reported on another forum that it took him nearly 40 days of follow up to get the bill. The TV was supposed to come with 2 3D glasses but there were none present. Another follow up was needed after which he got 1 pair of 3D glasses.
So, be prepared to spend time and energy chasing these guys.

Also find out which is the camera that they are giving.
I am infact aware the default glasses have button cells, which I too wont dare "buy" as extra at 4k+. Hence if samsung glasses are compatible and comes at 1k+, that is preferred.

Yes, I am reluctantly ready to fight and follow up if delivery is problamatic. Hoping it wont happen!

Dmc-3d1 is the only? 3d digital camera that is returned in google. But I don't think if that is going to be the freebie: Indian price seems to be high! 20k+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

Glasses dont come with the package. They were provided by the dealer.2 glasses. That price for 42ST50 is sweet.!!

And dont worry about the space. If there is some 5 inches space between the TV and the wall, its more than sufficient!
Yes the price is really sweet, if the tv comes @ ~57k. I am in fact not looking to spend more than 60k presently for a hd tv. & Other one I was actively pursuing was sony 40" hx750 at 60k with imports from east asia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post

Yes there is a problem. The top of the tv should be kept clear. 1 cm is too small a gap. You need at least 6 inches.
This one is a dampener. Actually Where are the main air vents for this model? Is it at the top? Then, indeed 1cm is too less to be safe :-( If it is sits on pedestal, then I believe bottom gap should be ok. And in my case space at back is ample, as said.
Old 14th February 2013, 15:25   #6479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
That price for 42ST50 is sweet.!!
Quote:

Yes the price is really sweet, if the tv comes @ ~57k. I am in fact not looking to spend more than 60k presently for a hd tv. & Other one I was actively pursuing was sony 40" hx750 at 60k with imports from east asia.
Confusion here. The price for ST is around 76K on the site.
The UT is available for 55.5K. So you guys are talking about different models.

Sagar can tell where the vents are on UT50.

Edit:
If you are really going ahead with this deal, then please take screenshot of the product page (from Infibeam site) and the date on your computer.
You might want to start keeping things in your record (just in case the worst comes true).
Also confirm from the customer support which camera they are providing. Once you have that in writing, you know what to expect.
Sadly there is no COD option for this deal.

Last edited by S_U_N : 14th February 2013 at 15:28.
Old 14th February 2013, 15:50   #6480
Distinguished - BHPian

I am talking about the 42ST50 deal on the website. That is a really good deal!

Regarding the vents on the UT, there are vents all over the backside and top. Even if you dont have much space on the top its fine because you have good space at the back. And from personal experience , the TV does not heat up that much to cause any discomfort. Even if you are one feet away from the TV you wont feel the heat. Only at 1-1.5 inc distance you can feel the radiant heat. Just ensure that the back side of the TV is completly free with no obstruction and you will be fine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks