Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:38   #7966
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Hi guys, need some help regarding a new TV purchase.

I've zeroed in on the LG LF6300 and the Sony W700C. Of the two, the LG seems to be more VFM as it has more features, and the panel seems to be brighter and has better colours.

But I think the Sony will have smoother video playback, as it has a higher motion rate of 200Hz vs the LG's 120Hz. Does anyone have either of these two TVs? Would really appreciate some reviews from BHPians.
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:55   #7967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
But I think the Sony will have smoother video playback, as it has a higher motion rate of 200Hz vs the LG's 120Hz. Does anyone have either of these two TVs? Would really appreciate some reviews from BHPians.
From what I understand, beyond a point - the motion rate does not make much of a difference, so it would be worth checking both these tvs at a store near you, switching on a sports channel, and seeing the difference yourself.

OT: Just booked a second VU TV today. Surprisingly good VFM.
Old 23rd December 2015, 13:01   #7968
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
Bought a LG LED TV yesterday which was delivered today. I realised that the dealer has sent the Display piece itself and not a "Brand New" one. I had taken the Serial number details of the display TV that's how I realized that the TV which is delivered to me is a display piece.

I have asked for replacement..But Is there any way to detect if it's a Display/Used TV or a Brand new one ?
Well the Dealer sent the replacement TV and according to him that was a "BRAND NEW" one. To my surprise again the the Power on Time on this TV was 330+ hours..WOW ! Please avoid Unilet Stores.Checked few reviews online and everyone seems to complain about dealer delivering Display TVs.(Wish I had read the reviews before I purchased the TV!)

Dealer has agreed for a refund now.

Quote:
Hi guys, need some help regarding a new TV purchase.

I've zeroed in on the LG LF6300 and the Sony W700C. Of the two, the LG seems to be more VFM as it has more features, and the panel seems to be brighter and has better colours.

I recently bought the LG LF5900 exactly same as 6300 except for the Magic Remote and Recorder(which records only via AV Cable) and the difference is about 10k. One thing I did not like about the TV is the Volume..I feel it's pretty low compared to Other TVs other than that it is VFM TV !
Old 23rd December 2015, 13:21   #7969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
From what I understand, beyond a point - the motion rate does not make much of a difference, so it would be worth checking both these tvs at a store near you, switching on a sports channel, and seeing the difference yourself.
Will do. However, most stores don't have the 49" and 55' versions of the LG, which is the one I'm looking for.

Quote:
I recently bought the LG LF5900 exactly same as 6300 except for the Magic Remote and Recorder(which records only via AV Cable) and the difference is about 10k. One thing I did not like about the TV is the Volume..I feel it's pretty low compared to Other TVs other than that it is VFM TV !
I quite liked the Magic Remote, don't think I can sacrifice that if I'm going for an LG .
Old 23rd December 2015, 13:27   #7970
BANNED

Quote:
I quite liked the Magic Remote, don't think I can sacrifice that if I'm going for an LG .
Did you check out 6500? Smart and 3D TV for very less difference compared to 6300.
Old 24th December 2015, 05:52   #7971
BHPian

Quote:
Did you check out 6500? Smart and 3D TV for very less difference compared to 6300.
I did see it, but I'm not at all interested in a 3D TV, so didn't bother checking it out further.
Old 30th December 2015, 20:59   #7972
BHPian

Seasons Greeting to All.

I am on the look out for a 55" TV. I was really close to getting the VU 55" FHD but it seems out of stock on Flipkart. They have now got the VU 55" 4K version for around 65K. I had been to Reliance Digital, Croma, Unilet all the branded 55" cross over a Lakh. Was at Phoneix mall today and walked into Jumbo. They had a 55" Videocon, 4K UHD, Smart, 3D TV for just over 1 Lakh. With a BajaFin offer of 18/4. I did not do a full test, ie checking with the downloaded content I have.
The Specs of the TV are good, USB 3.0. Video Chat via Skype. 3 years Warranty.
Usage will be with Tatasky HD box, downloaded 720/1080 content.

I am looking for inputs from users of Videocon LED TV, pros/cons. Also if they know the code to check the hours the TV has been on.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 30th December 2015, 21:47   #7973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Seasons Greeting to All.

I am on the look out for a 55" TV. I was really close to getting the VU 55" FHD but it seems out of stock on Flipkart. ......
Hello yajaman99,

Have you tried this

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/vu-5...dorCode=S491e5

Or this

http://www.flipkart.com/vu-ltdn55xt7...Ij8aAmt68P8HAQ

Do keep us posted about your purchase.
Old 31st December 2015, 16:41   #7974
BHPian

Well, I've been to the store, and I've booked the 55" LG LF6300 TV. It should arrive as soon as they take stock. Does anyone know how to check the number of hours the TV has been on?
Old 5th January 2016, 21:19   #7975
BHPian

My 55" shopping continues.
Videocon 55" 4K has been dropped as I did a test watching TataSky HD channels.
the 4K demos are breathtaking.
Unfortunately the images at times are not sharp, skin looks patchy. While the 55" Sony FHD and Samsung 4K had not such issues.
I still want to give VU a chance and contacted the dealer here in Bangalore. He had only the 65" 4K open at his warehouse which I went to see. Unfortunately no Set top box to check quality. The Demo 4K videos he had was just amazing.
I later found a YouTube video for the 55" 4K and am currently waiting for that person to put his full review.
So things are on hold for now.
Old 6th January 2016, 10:26   #7976
BHPian

Guys, need your help.
I'm looking to get a LED TV (should be Smart), between 42 - 50 inches.

I checked the prices in stores and online and there is up to 10k difference. The problem being Flipkart is not delivering to my Pincode. (Bangalore)

Is there anyone in TBhp working in either LG, Sony or Samsung, who could help me with a employee discount?
Old 7th January 2016, 17:53   #7977
BANNED

Quote:
Well, I've been to the store, and I've booked the 55" LG LF6300 TV. It should arrive as soon as they take stock. Does anyone know how to check the number of hours the TV has been on?
That's the first thing you should check these days there is lot of Fraud going on !
First thing to check when you switch on the TV is that it needs to Display the Setup Screen. Then you can go to Settings-Advanced-General-About TV and Click on TV INFORMATION. There you should be able to see the No of Hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Guys, need your help.
I did a lot of research before buying the TV and like you said there was difference of 10K stores vs online. Not sure where you reside but check Girias in Kamanahalli who offered me the best price on the TV. They sort of Matched the Online price + 1 year of additional warranty and a couple of freebies.

Last edited by mohammedismail : 7th January 2016 at 17:58. Reason: Merging Second post
Old 14th January 2016, 09:40   #7978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Guys, need your help.
In the hunt for the same specifications. Currently zeroed in on 48 inch Samsung Joy Plus Smart. Seems to be a value buy with all that I need which is a Full HD Smart TV and nothing more (like 4K etc)
Some time back had checked it online with a best price of 60k in Snapdeal but nowadays it seems to have gone up by a few thousands.

Which are the models that you have shortlisted? Would be a good thing to compare.

Quote:
That's the first thing you should check these days there is lot of Fraud going on !
First thing to check when you switch on the TV is that it needs to Display the Setup Screen. Then you can go to Settings-Advanced-General-About TV and Click on TV INFORMATION. There you should be able to see the No of Hours.
Wow thanks for this valuable information, really helps many of us!

Also that Girias do give a good deal especially if you go to them with the best online price that you have been able to dig out.

Also have come across a new wholesale electronics dealer very near to my house in BTM Layout 1 stage, 20 main next to Indane Gas agency - 12.9186229,77.6120402

Have not checked the prices with them though yet. You can also check them out.
Old 16th January 2016, 15:11   #7979
Distinguished - BHPian

I may be looking to buy a 40+" hd tv, as the LG I have may just give up soon.
I am not a videophile, I only watch about 2-3 hours of content every week. I just want decent performance, the ability to play any content via USB, normal audio out, not the optical crap the LG has. My main requirement is something that will last.
In such a case, does a VU, or Micromax, or any other, fit in?
Any current feedback on these brands?
Old 16th January 2016, 22:51   #7980
BHPian

Found out there is a VU Showroom in Barton Center on the 10 Floor here in Bangalore.
It has been there mainly for the corporate customers and now has expanded with the consumer line. They are open Tuesday to Sunday. Monday is a holiday.
They have got a Citi cable connections but yet to get the HD channels enabled.
They have the various sizes, 40", 50", 55" , 65" so it is nice to see all in one place.
My main aim was to check out the 55" 4k TV.
On seeing the performance of the SD channels it was bearable on the 55" and on the 65" is was not so nice. Now with the HD videos from my pen drive the picture quality was great. The Blacks were Black. And the 4K demo video was just amazing.
55" 4K at 65K and the 65" 4K at 1.20L is just a steal when compared to the big guns.
They also have the service center here.
The Netflix option gave an error, like not supported in your country. The VU person mentioned a f/w upgrade is expected.
I am sold on the 55" 4K and should be ordering one by mid of Feb.
So all those in Bangalore have an option to check out VU Tvs before ordering from Flipkart.

Most Viewed