Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 10:32   #7981
ZMG
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
So all those in Bangalore have an option to check out VU Tvs before ordering from Flipkart.
Hi,

I need to get a TV between 40 - 50 inch.
Confused between VU and Micromax.

How is the pricing of the center? Is it the same rates that Flipkart is offering?
Old 20th January 2016, 16:59   #7982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Hi,

Confused between VU and Micromax.

How is the pricing of the center? Is it the same rates that Flipkart is offering?
I got a Vu a couple of weeks back and got it offline from a store since flipkart was going saying it'll take 10 days to deliver in Noida and I was impatient.

Flipkart would have been cheaper, though as they have their own discounts over the MRP. Didn't trust Micromax too much and the Vu seems decent enough for the price.

We're cord cutters and mostly use the TV with chromecast etc for max an hour or so a day so made perfect sense for me to pick up the cheapest decent TV available.

I might have confused you more than help, but I think you should go to VU's experience center anyway to take a look at some models yourself and then buy from flipkart.
Old 20th January 2016, 18:47   #7983
ZMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I got a Vu a couple of weeks back and got it offline from a store since flipkart was going saying it'll take 10 days to deliver in Noida and I was impatient.
Thanks for the input.

I will also need the TV immediately.

How much was the price difference between retailer and flipkart? More than 5 to 10 percent? (Not assuming the Cashbacks)
Old 20th January 2016, 19:08   #7984
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the input.

I will also need the TV immediately.

How much was the price difference between retailer and flipkart? More than 5 to 10 percent? (Not assuming the Cashbacks)
I basically paid the MRP which for the 40" model was 25k if I remember correctly. Vu has launched some more models and has reduced prices on some model even more in the last two weeks.
Old 21st January 2016, 16:22   #7985
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Purchased a 43" Vu 43D6535 LED TV from fipkart this week at Rs.25,999. Today you can get it at a Rs.1,750 discount if you have an HDFC card.

Been just one day using it but can say it is fantastic for the price point. I would recommend to stay away from micromax
Old 22nd January 2016, 21:06   #7986
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Hi ZMG, the center did not have the pricing, they said you can buy from Flipkart. There is a stockist in Rajajinagar who will give at Flipkart prices and accepts Credit Card. He does have stock and if you have a big enough vehicle you can pick it up from him. But I would recommend getting it from Flipkart since they deliver normally in a day.

Also my recommendation if you are thinking 50" go for 55" if the space permits.
55" Full HD -Rs 42K, 55" 4K Smart - Rs 65K
Also visit the VU center at Barton Center to clarify any doubts. This is what sold me on VU.
I would stick to VU.
Old 22nd January 2016, 21:58   #7987
ZMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
Purchased a 43" Vu 43D6535 LED TV from fipkart this week at Rs.25,999. Today you can get it at a Rs.1,750 discount if you have an HDFC card.

Been just one day using it but can say it is fantastic for the price point. I would recommend to stay away from micromax
Hi,
Did see that deal yesterday, however for some reason Flipkart was not delivering in Koramangla yesterday.

Finally booked a Micromax 43 inch from Amazon.
Lets see how it is.

yajaman99 I did visit the Barton centre showroom and he gave me the number of the stockist.

However, I am gambling with Micromax this time.
Thanks for the inputs.
Old 25th January 2016, 17:43   #7988
Senior - BHPian

There seems to be a huge variation in the online and offline prices for various brands. There is a retailer around the corner , who is offering to "match" online prices for certain Sony and Samsung models , all of which cost more than what I intend/want to spend on a TV.
Not sure if I should take the plunge and order online or basically pay about 10-15% more to get it from a shop.

For example this Panasonic 40" is being sold for 33k online, and about 38k offline.

This Sony is 47k online, 50.5 offline.
Am I looking at the wrong shops in Pune ?
Old 25th January 2016, 18:32   #7989
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
There seems to be a huge variation in the online and offline prices for various brands.
Am I looking at the wrong shops in Pune ?
Watch out, you may not get the Flexi mount Bracket along with the TV if you ordered online which will cost about 1500-2000 rs on the other hand if you get it from the Store you will get this as well as the 1 Year extended warranty.

Check out Multiple Stores before buying and bargain with them based on the Online Price, hopefully you will get the Best price !
Old 26th January 2016, 22:20   #7990
BHPian

Anyone having lloyd uhd tv? They are selling with 5 years warranty which is very good. How is lloyd compared to Vu and macromax?
Old 27th January 2016, 10:35   #7991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Anyone having lloyd uhd tv? They are selling with 5 years warranty which is very good. How is lloyd compared to Vu and macromax?
You can check out this Philips 4k TV too. Philips website is a bit amateur and you cant find reviews anywhere, but does okay for a budget 4k Smart TV. Comes with a 5 year warranty too.
Old 27th January 2016, 10:45   #7992
BHPian

Anyone using Micromax TVs? They are being sold for mouthwatering prices but I doubt the reliability of the brand.
Old 27th January 2016, 11:54   #7993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
You can check out this Philips 4k TV too. Philips website is a bit amateur and you cant find reviews anywhere, but does okay for a budget 4k Smart TV. Comes with a 5 year warranty too.
Thanks Sajo but Philips has only one model in UHD (size 42"). I am looking in range of 48"-55".
Old 27th January 2016, 17:08   #7994
BHPian

Picked up Samsung 48J6300 FHD Curved LED from Flipkart for 75k. Really happy with the purchase, it looks amazing!

Surprisingly, everywhere I went (ezone, samsung dealers, etc.) to compare price it was atleast 15-20k more expensive.. thank god for the online deal. I checked and inspected as well in case they sold me a demo piece, but its brand new!
Old 30th January 2016, 23:52   #7995
BHPian

I have a 46" Sony LCD in our living room and just hooked up my 8+ year old desktop to it after upgrading to Windows 10. We use a cordless keyboard and mouse anyway and am considering using it as one of the inputs to my TV permanently. Is this a good idea? Currently using the VGA cable as my TV does not accept a DVI and the desktop motherboard does not have HDMI out. It's pretty good to use but wondering if it will mess up the tv in anyway?

Most Viewed