Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2015, 18:33   #7876
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wall Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Guys, anyone installed a wall mount recently?

Our living room is - 15' x10' (image below)
Attachment 1424900

I plan on mounting the TV bracket in marked location.
It should be flat on wall A (I can game while sitting on the 2 seater-sofa)
& at times swivel in a corner position as indicated in paint illustration above (to avoid glare from window behind 2 seaters & when >2 people are watching TV)
(Yes, I don't have work in the office today )

Any pointers?

I have this product in mind:
TANOTIS Wall Mount (Corner - Tilt & swivel) @ 1900 INR

Thanks,

Ace.
I have bought this one few months back

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00T...ilpage_o05_s00

Installed it myself and its very sturdy. I coudnt use the normal tv mount because i had to mount the tv on windows. Used the frame of the window and adjustability of the mount allowed me to align the tv on the center of the wall. As the window frame where i have installed the tv is on the left side.
Old 9th October 2015, 18:50   #7877
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Curious about the comments on UHD. Considering that most of the mid to high end phones and cameras can now shoot in 4k resolution, won't we see an explosion of 4k content? And going by the pace of the smart phone industry, 4k recording will soon trickle down into the lower segments.

Bandwidth availability is also increasing rapidly. 25-100mpbs unlimited download plans are available for 800-2000 rs .

4G penetration is also set to explode across the country.

These will make streaming and downloading 4k content feasible.

Won't that beautiful vacation video or a cute video of kids shot in 4k benefit from a large UHD TV?

I am planning for a new TV next year and was under the impression that UHD is the way to go. The comments in the last couple of pages making me think otherwise.
Old 9th October 2015, 19:37   #7878
BHPian

25- 100Mbps for 2000!!! Where do you live?? South Korea?
Would suggest you check again and remember that an 'unlimited' plan is not really unlimited. There is a fair usage policy which restricts your dl to an 'x' number of Gb's. yet to come across plans offering 500Gb of download.
Though one's personal content may reach 4k levels I personally dont think that regular telecast will be in 4k anytime soon. And then you must calculate the proportion of time spent watching regular tv vs your own footage.
Another thing - most of the already existing stuff will be upscaled and will not have been shot in 4k so the aah factor will be limited if at all.
The jump from SD to HD resulted in an image quality wherein the difference was quite staggering. From HD to UHD the gains will be far less..!
Old 9th October 2015, 20:59   #7879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowardly Lion View Post
25- 100Mbps for 2000!!! Where do you live?? South Korea?
Would suggest you check again and remember that an 'unlimited' plan is not really unlimited. There is a fair usage policy which restricts your dl to an 'x' number of Gb's.
Going a little OT here. Definitely not from South Korea. Our very own Bangalore.

Both Spectranet ( http://www.spectranet.in/home-user ) and ACT Broadband ( http://www.acttv.in/index.php/products/act-broadband# ) provide 100mbps FTTH (Fiber to the home) plans for 1999 (+ taxes). Spectranet is truly unlimited, there is no FUP. ACT has a 125 GB FUP limit.

Coverage is not extensive at this time, but rapidly expanding.
Old 10th October 2015, 11:53   #7880
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know, most major international sporting events have started 4K recording, and some have been broadcasting at 4K too. With the kind of money involved, you may soon see IPL in 4K.
Old 10th October 2015, 17:56   #7881
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowardly Lion View Post
To dl a movie (if & whn they become available) you would require storage of 50+ gb per movie (read 100 gb).
That's what I was thinking. Today, a full HD movie is between 5 - 7 gigs. That's a lot of bandwidth already!

Plus, the clarity on full HD is really, really good. I never feel like its lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Bandwidth availability is also increasing rapidly. 25-100mpbs unlimited download plans are available for 800-2000 rs .
Such plans are more the exception than the rule. No such unlimited plans where I live.
Old 11th October 2015, 09:23   #7882
Distinguished - BHPian

Iam planning to buy a 32" LED tv and my budget is 20K

Which is the best tv to get in this price range? I don't mind if it doesn't have any smart features as those features wont be used at all.
Old 12th October 2015, 12:52   #7883
BHPian

Samsung India's day light robbery!

I bought a Samsung 3d TV from UAE 3 years back and last month onwards its showing some issues like ghost image + back light flickering. Tried some tips available on youtube with the TCon cable but to no avail. Since there was no extended warranty for imported models, the only option was to go for Samy guys for the service. The customer care lady was very polite and helpful to guide me for the initial user level trouble shooting like reset the TV and run the self diagnostics etc. After completing all the tips she came to a conclusion that its time to get it serviced by their qualified guys. She was kind enough to inform me that there will be a minimum service charges of 5000/- plus spare cost (yes, I typed it correctly) for the imported models. I tried to negotiate with her saying that I am asking service for my Samsung TV not for Sony or Panasonic. She politely convinced me with this " Sir its company's policy can't do anything" Great, so this is how Samsung India rips their loyal customers? obviously she has no answer to this statement. I dismissed the call telling that I will try out some other economic options rather than paying a ransom for a 3 year old TV.

Done another series of googling, taken a few snaps of the boards in the TV, tried to source the TCon board for the particular model. Bingo! My favorite shopping place for rare goodies at a jaw dropping price; Aliexpress has the stock, and the board is available for just 2800/-(Free shipping). Placed the order, it took almost 2.5 weeks to land at my office. Packing was nice with enough bubble wrapping to secure the board from drops and shocks during transit. Swapped the TCon board and yeah it came to life after a long sleep Being a die hard DIY fan, with this, I saved almost 8K.

Lesson learned: Stay away from cut throat ASCs as much as possible So friends, do some homework once you encounter this kind of situations where these shameless daylight robbers are waiting out side to swallow your hard earned money.
Old 12th October 2015, 13:00   #7884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post

Lesson learned: Stay away from cut throat ASCs as much as possible So friends, do some homework once you encounter this kind of situations where these shameless daylight robbers are waiting out side to swallow your hard earned money.

This is awesome and great work! Will inspire many to do this kind of troubleshooting them-self am sure!
Old 12th October 2015, 14:18   #7885
Senior - BHPian

Re: Samsung India's day light robbery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
That is quite possibly the case with many manufacturers but my experience with LG has been quite satisfactory! They are not cheats.
Old 12th October 2015, 18:07   #7886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Iam planning to buy a 32" LED tv and my budget is 20K

Which is the best tv to get in this price range? I don't mind if it doesn't have any smart features as those features wont be used at all.
Before looking to any pricy brand, check the Videocon and Vise.
Vise is the brand of "Vijay Sales".

If this 32" is not your primary TV, then Videocon / Vise are better then Vu and AOC like brand.

Here i am not considering Micromax or intex.

One More Update
===========

Guys thank you all for your suggestion.

At last i bought a 50" FHD TV.

This TV is a Panasonic 55" FHD, IPS panel. I got it from Vijaya Sales.
Price was 69000, i got it at 60k after bargain.

Last edited by KALINGA : 12th October 2015 at 18:08.
Old 12th October 2015, 18:24   #7887
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post

At last i bought a 50" FHD TV.

This TV is a Panasonic 55" FHD, IPS panel. I got it from Vijaya Sales.
Price was 69000, i got it at 60k after bargain.
Did you checked if you can play all the different type of movie files from your portable hard disks.

When I was in the marked early in this year, checked and finalized 50'' television from Panasonic. But just before finalized the deal found that it can hardly read 10 to 15% of different files (movies and videos) from my 2 TB HDD.
Hope that Panasonic upgraded their firmware by now.
Old 13th October 2015, 10:01   #7888
BHPian

Have got a tv from US the model is http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN65JU7500FXZA ,what are the requirements for it to work here,think need an setup transformer & is the Pal & NTSC thing still relevant.
Old 13th October 2015, 10:09   #7889
Distinguished - BHPian

Can anyone explain how to implement Throw and Screen Mirroring.
I have a smart LG, and an assortment of Xperias.
The LG needs a software called Plex installed on the device. It also had Dlna. But these dont serve my purpose. I want to see my phone screen on the TV, and apparently Screen mirroring will do that.
Old 13th October 2015, 18:49   #7890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Have got a tv from US the model is http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN65JU7500FXZA ,what are the requirements for it to work here,think need an setup transformer & is the Pal & NTSC thing still relevant.
1. The TV works both for 50Hz and 60Hz video modes
2. Most of electronics sold internationally normally work on 100-250V power. Check the TV power receptable to confirm it. If it only works at 110V you will need a transformer.
3. I think that for DTH or digital cable you just use the HDMI cable to connect the digital signal directly.
Link to the manual
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...1.315-0907.pdf

Most Viewed