Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2018, 19:50   #8626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
For a 14 feet viewing distance 55" is recommended and for 16 feet, 65". I would get 65" if it fits your budget. Have a look at the MI 55. I have a 49 sony purchased from Malaysia. Couldn't bring a larger size due to airline restrictions.
Have 2 (non 4k) VU 55". Basically Hisense rebranded. The kind of programming available most of the stuff is anyways upscaled.
To me 4k makes no sense at all at the current time unless into hardcore gaming.
Buy HD and invest the money saved into great speakers+AVR.

At 1 lac (+) etc I would (& am) seriously consider(ing)projectors.

"For 1080p HDTVs, we suggest a viewing distance between 1-1/2 and 2-1/2 times the screen's diagonal measurement. You can sit even closer to a 4K Ultra HD TV— 1 to 1-1/2 times the screen diagonal."

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZH11Jk...placement.html

I also never consider smart tv with built in camera etc (use streaming boxes).

Last edited by Cowardly Lion : 25th April 2018 at 19:53.
Old 25th April 2018, 21:29   #8627
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
I bought a Malaysian imported 65 inch smart tv ; cost 80k and so far it's working amazingly well
Nice. What brand and model is it?
Old 26th April 2018, 08:06   #8628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Nice. What brand and model is it?

It's Sony, model is unknown that's why it's so cheap other wise it should be north of 2L.
Clarity is superb and I have installed all apps like YouTube Netflix Facebook etc all works properly .
Old 30th April 2018, 22:01   #8629
BHPian

Ordered today an LG OLED TV(C7) for 1,84,990 rupees. The 20k cashback from Paytm made it slightly less unaffordable. Primarily planning to use it with m PS4 Pro and some online content. Any comments as to how good of a deal this is! Did not check the price from a retail store as the cashback offer from Paytm seems to be quite good.

Last edited by iron.head : 30th April 2018 at 22:06.
Old 23rd May 2018, 16:05   #8630
BHPian

We have a 43" Samsung Non Smart LED TV at home. Can someone suggest a VFM Chromecast cable?
Old 23rd May 2018, 19:05   #8631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
We have a 43" Samsung Non Smart LED TV at home. Can someone suggest a VFM Chromecast cable?
What is a Chromecast cable ?
Do you mean HDMI extension cable Male/Female ?
Old 23rd May 2018, 19:27   #8632
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
It's Sony, model is unknown that's why it's so cheap other wise it should be north of 2L.
Clarity is superb and I have installed all apps like YouTube Netflix Facebook etc all works properly .

Can you post the picture of the Box or tv. There a ton of FAKE sony/samsung tvs out there in the imported store shops.
Old 24th May 2018, 12:47   #8633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
What is a Chromecast cable ?
Do you mean HDMI extension cable Male/Female ?
I would like play videos from Youtube and other apps. Also, I would like to enable screen mirroring from my phone.

For this, I believe I need some kind of a cable/dongle and that's called Chromecast?
Old 24th May 2018, 13:56   #8634
BHPian

Quote:
I would like play videos from Youtube and other apps. Also, I would like to enable screen mirroring from my phone.

For this, I believe I need some kind of a cable/dongle and that's called Chromecast?
Oh ok .. Just refer to it as Chromecast, as "Chromecast Cable" will confuse people .

The rate is pretty much fixed, you can buy it online Amazon.in or it is even available directly in Chroma etc..

You can go through this Guide which pretty much would answer all your doubts.

Last edited by Fillmore : 24th May 2018 at 13:58.
Old 24th May 2018, 20:50   #8635
BHPian

Quote:

You could also have a look at Amazon Fire Stick. Does the task of mirroring from your phone and also lets you play videos from the web. Not sure if it plays through YouTube as it is a Google product which is a competitor of Amazon. If you have a Prime membership, the Amazon Fire Stick will be really amazing to own.
Old 24th May 2018, 20:57   #8636
BHPian

Fire stick allows you to view YouTube through Silk or Firefox.
Old 24th May 2018, 21:02   #8637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Can you post the picture of the Box or tv. There a ton of FAKE sony/samsung tvs out there in the imported store shops.
I don't have pic of the box, but I am pretty sure its fake. I got it just for 70K and I am really happy with the quality, audio is on a weaker side but I have connected my home theater with it problem solved.
Only thing I am gambling on life of this product and time will tell about it
Old 4th June 2018, 12:54   #8638
BHPian

Went to the showroom with the intent of picking up a UJ632T, after checking out TCL's iffalcon series. While at the showroom, I got offered a very good discount on the B7T. So, got B7T instead. The white rear panel is rather weird . Also, the aluminum bezel is a distraction.

Edit: Can we use 1 power conditioner(connected to a 3amp socket) to connect the TV, Settop box, reciever, sub, and an android box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Unless your tv is kaput, better to wait for OLED to drop in prices. Sony local dimming models...x9000E
Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Thanks for posting this...like a downgrade even when compared to the 10 year old LH90.... I find the black turns lighter if the local dimming is turned off on LH90.
Got a Yamaha receiver + speakers instead. Makes using multiple HDMI inputs easier as well.

Last edited by gendarmee : 4th June 2018 at 13:08.
Old 4th June 2018, 18:30   #8639
Senior - BHPian

I had a Philips 32" in the bedroom.
Had called AC servicing guy. While using the blower on the AC outlet pipes, it back fired and some part inside flew out at dangerously insane speeds, missed the guys eye by a few mm and hit the Philips TV screen.

Now no one realised the damaged screen until later in the day. Thankfully the kids weren't in that room + the servicing guy too was saved.

I haven't even checked how much the screen will cost. Any idea guys? I had bought it quite cheap, around 12k a year back but it is not a smart TV.

Even if the screen replacement costs 7-8k I would rather spend a few more and buy a smart TV.
Old 4th June 2018, 21:04   #8640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Even if the screen replacement costs 7-8k I would rather spend a few more and buy a smart TV.
Well. TVs last for a decade (without considering the unfortunate situation you had, and yet you could say fortunate situtation that no one was hurt), while the smart TV technologies change way faster.

A few years ago, smart TV was all about youtube. Nothing else worked well in India. Next it was about ease of use( how easily you typed searches) - which was drastically improved by Chromecast and the likes. Then we are entering into another era of what content you watch (Amazon prime, Netflix etc).

So, considering this, I see no point in buying a smart TV. It's way better to save that 10k odd and buy Chromecast/fire TV stick and save the money for future upgrades as the industry goes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks