Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2018, 18:49   #8671
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Not a TV freak so guys need help. How is this set? Not really looking for a smart TV. Thanks guys in advance.

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-inches...kLL&ref=plSrch

Last edited by saket77 : 23rd July 2018 at 18:57.
Old 23rd July 2018, 21:53   #8672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
Thanks for your review. I am also considering buying a 4k 55 TV and i am able to secure a good deal for a TCL TV from BestPrice.
what do you think is 55p6us a better buy than ifFalcon
I was planning to buy Iffalcon tv but could not grab it during the Flash sale.
So i bought this 55P6US from TCL authorized dealer in Chennai for 44k.

TV supports 10bit HDR, not sure about the Colour Gamut and other features as this TV is not listed there in the TCL india site itself.

Pros:
Slim looks, Netflix and Youtube in-built apps, Both supports 10bit HDR, 3 years warranty

I have watched lot of movies in Netflix,youtube and also from USB drive. it runs 90% of the file formats fine. I also played PS4 and it looked good enough.

Cons:
no DTS support, pixelation in highly compressed files(dance scenes especially)

Overall its an excellent value for money TV.
Old 24th July 2018, 10:05   #8673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Not a TV freak so guys need help. How is this set? Not really looking for a smart TV. Thanks guys in advance.
Try LG (55UJ632T). It's a 55 inch & selling at 75K on Flipkart. You can check it on Flipkart & they have small video also showing the features.
I negotiated a little better price at well known ELECTRONIC's STORE here in Mumbai.

TV features & the screen mouse remote are things to consider over any SONY & SAMSUNG. They don't even come close in comfort.
Do note that I have SONY KLV49 also with me, but I will barter it any day with LG now.

Regards-Sonu

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th July 2018 at 23:08. Reason: Fixing broken quote. Thanks.
Old 30th July 2018, 22:31   #8674
BHPian

Friends, I am planning to buy a 55" 4k TV. I see value for money in Vu TVs and have zeroed in on the model 55SU134_V1. Should be available for 60k. A similar model with Sony or Samsung would be north of 100k, I believe.
Does anyone have a first hand experience with this model?
Old 5th August 2018, 12:49   #8675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
Friends, I am planning to buy a 55" 4k TV. I see value for money in Vu TVs and have zeroed in on the model 55SU134_V1. Should be available for 60k. A similar model with Sony or Samsung would be north of 100k, I believe.
Yes indeed. I have used two VU TVs. A 47 inch one for two years without any issues and a 60 inch one that I have been using for the past 3 years. The picture quality is very good and I have tested it against other brands quite often.
You should go for the 65 inch 4k model for around 60 to 70k as that seems like better value. Paytm is currently selling the 65 inch 4k for 80k with a 10k cashback. Also check out Toshiba 55 inch 1080p available for around 50k.

Last edited by Lobogris : 5th August 2018 at 12:54.
Old 5th August 2018, 13:13   #8676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Yes indeed. I have used two VU TVs. A 47 inch one for two years without any issues and a 60 inch one that I have been using for the past 3 years. The picture quality is very good and I have tested it against other brands quite often.
You should go for the 65 inch 4k model for around 60 to 70k as that seems like better value. Paytm is currently selling the 65 inch 4k for 80k with a 10k cashback. Also check out Toshiba 55 inch 1080p available for around 50k.
Thanks for your valuable input. In view of the limited distance for viewing and the panelling work having been already done, I have a limitation to go for a 55" one. Will certainly look into the Toshiba option only.
Regards
Sravan
Old 5th August 2018, 13:34   #8677
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your valuable input. In view of the limited distance for viewing and the panelling work having been already done, I have a limitation to go for a 55" one. Will certainly look into the Toshiba option only.
Regards
Sravan
Ok. Paytm has the Vu 55 4k for approx 41k after cashback!
You can also check Mi 55 inch TV. I have seen it a lot and it looks great. Only thing is the viewing angles are smaller. On my Vu TV, I can see it from anywhere clearly but for Mi TV if you are at an extreme angle, it is a little washed out. However we generally sit in front of the TV anyway.
Old 5th August 2018, 19:06   #8678
BHPian

Quote:
Would recommend to go for the below model as it has better PQ and is better set. Have a friend who is using the same.
VU 140 cm (55 inch) LTDN55XT780XWAU3D 4K (Ultra HD) Smart LED TV
Paytm has a good deal running on the same and Flipkart will again give discounts on the same once their sale starts.
Old 6th August 2018, 08:20   #8679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Would recommend to go for the below model as it has better PQ and is better set. Have a friend who is using the same.
VU 140 cm (55 inch) LTDN55XT780XWAU3D 4K (Ultra HD) Smart LED TV
Paytm has a good deal running on the same and Flipkart will again give discounts on the same once their sale starts.
Thanks for the recommendation. Will certainly consider the suggested model.
Regards
Sravan
Old 9th August 2018, 01:50   #8680
BHPian

Planning to buy an LED TV (first time buyer) and needed some help. After looking at some options understood that we have 3 options. Basic TV or Non Smart TV, Smart TV and Android TV. We were initially leaning towards a non smart TV with the option of adding a fire stick to make it smart. However when we went to a few showrooms and saw the smart and non smart side by side, family felt that smart TV was offering better picture quality and sound. We looked at Sony so far since got feedback from friends that it is better than others.

Currently looking at https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/t...s/w662f-series 43 inch model.

Need help on following:
1) Any feedback / inputs on this model?
2) Have ruled out Android TVs since the Android OS could get out-dated over a period of time (again based on feedback from colleagues). Do we have similar problems in Smart TV also?
3) Anything to check for when it comes to buying an LED?

This one does not have an HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel). Does that mean that it cannot be connected to a home theater system?

Had also looked at 772 series but was told that it does not allow smart phone mirroring and is 2017 model so kinda ruled it out.

Regards,
S
Old 9th August 2018, 04:59   #8681
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
However when we went to a few showrooms and saw the smart and non smart side by side, family felt that smart TV was offering better picture quality and sound.
That doesn't sound logical at all. All other things being the same, the 'smartness' of the TV will not change the picture quality & sound.

Quote:
We looked at Sony so far since got feedback from friends that it is better than others.

Sony is good but it's very expensive to repair when the time comes.

Quote:
2) Have ruled out Android TVs since the Android OS could get out-dated over a period of time (again based on feedback from colleagues). Do we have similar problems in Smart TV also?
Yes, a similar issue would be there in Smart TV also.

Last edited by carboy : 9th August 2018 at 05:00.
Old 9th August 2018, 08:48   #8682
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to buy an LED TV
Need help on following:
This one does not have an HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel). Does that mean that it cannot be connected to a home theater system?
Regards,
S
Since this is the first LED tv you are purchasing, please confirm volume output of the TV speakers.
The way the showrooms set up their display TVs gives you a false sense of how the volume will be in real world.
It will sound much different at your home than it does in the showroom.

This one does not have an HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel)
Most older LED tv did not have HDMI ARC but they should definitely have Optical Audio output jack wherein you connect the optical cable to your home theatre.

Whatever you buy, go in for the maximum extended warranty that is allowed.
As per my experience, Sony gives 1yr free + 2yrs purchased extended warranty.
Samsung gives 1yr free + 3yrs purchased extended warranty.
Old 9th August 2018, 16:01   #8683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Sony is good but it's very expensive to repair when the time comes.
This is news to me! From all the previous comments I've been under the impression that Sony is the cheapest to maintain as their service center does component level repair (replacing only IC, etc.,) where others simply replace the motherboard or whatever it's called.

Can any Sony user confirm this?

Thanks.
Old 9th August 2018, 21:00   #8684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
.. as their service center does component level repair (replacing only IC, etc.,) where others simply replace the motherboard or whatever it's called.
Can any Sony user confirm this?
Yes this has been my experience. Changed hdmi port ics on my tv while the board was replaced on my LG. Cost of Sony service was about 1.2k and LG was 7k. The same Sony person then fixed my uncles TV and my friends TV as well.
Old 10th August 2018, 00:05   #8685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Yes this has been my experience. Changed hdmi port ics on my tv while the board was replaced on my LG. Cost of Sony service was about 1.2k and LG was 7k. The same Sony person then fixed my uncles TV and my friends TV as well.
I had a similar issues with my TV. Did you find out what was the reason behind the ICs getting short? Also in case of LG, was the whole board replaced or just the HDMI ICs? In my TVs case the main processor also got short with the HDMI ICs, hence the whole board was replaced. From what I understand on old LED or LCD TVs there uses to be different parts to the motherboard and it was possible to change the damaged part of the system, but now everything is incorporated on a single board, which leads to shorting of one component after another in case of a serious malfunction and in most cases due to severe damage the whole boards needs to be replaced which is expensive.

Last edited by wrongturn : 10th August 2018 at 00:09.

Most Viewed