Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2018, 16:33   #8806
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

6) The TV doesn't have Bluetooth, so I can't connect it to my Sony XB30s.
If you're using the Firestick, it does have Bluetooth and you can connect your Sony. I've been using my JBL with Firestick in my LG which also doesn't have bluetooth.
Old 25th October 2018, 10:52   #8807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

4) And PatchWall is horrible. The display looks sad once the TV boots up. With the resolution nowhere near the specifications.

5) But its a different story with the Fire stick. Have watched 1080p Movies, Carfection, Peppa Pig, Hey Duggee etc. on YouTube many times over now and it looks amazing. It easily streams YouTube videos in 1080p by default. Same for watching F1 or Football on Hotstar - No ghosting when the boys light up the track or turf which was definitely there on our old Bravia. Though I need to find a way for Fire TV to boot up by default. That's how it was on the Sony and I could get away with using just one remote. Like I mentioned earlier, Mi needs to invest or replace PatchWall. And I love the compact remote as well except for the springs used in the cavity for the batteries.
I am sure you know but this TV will be getting official Android TV OS as a software update in 2019. That will make the TV totally worth the money spent.
Old 27th October 2018, 19:40   #8808
BHPian

Has anyone sideloaded Amazon Prime on their Iffalcon TVs?. Is it working fine. People have reported that wifi gets disconnected every few minutes once it has been installed.
Old 28th October 2018, 23:38   #8809
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Finally went with a Panasonic - 49FX600D - Full Smart - 4k Ultra HD LED TV. It cost me 53k during the Amazon Sale. This was 15K cheaper than in the brick and mortar stores and I felt it was a good deal. It took about 5 days for delivery and was installed the day after delivery. It comes with one year standard warranty and one year additional warranty from Acko.
I asked about extended warranty from Panasonic and was quoted some ridiculous figures of 20K for 1 year, 35K for 2 years and 53K for 3 years. If I had known this in advance, I would not have bought this TV as this is just a pure rip off when the TV cost me 53K. My mistake. I should have checked this aspect as well.
I find that the picture clarity is pretty good and very good on 4K. However, no real "Wow!" factor. Sound is not so great. One needs to turn the volume up considerably. Also it does not have a normal "Audio Out" socket to which I can connect my speakers. I find this extremely annoying as my 7 year old Samsung had this feature. It does have a "HeadPhone Out" socket but if I connect my speakers to this, I have to have them on all the time and the TV sound gets cut off. It does have a "Digital Audio Out" but my speakers do not have a "Digital Audio In" so I am stuck. My speakers do have "Bluetooth" but the TV does not have "Bluetooth". . A Full Smart TV with no Bluetooth!!
Is there any way I can connect a "Bluetooth" dongle in the USB port and get the spaekers linked to the TV via "Bluetooth". Experts, your advice please.
All in all, I am fairly happy with the deal I got but think in future I will stick with Samsung.
Cheers,
SS
Old 29th October 2018, 08:43   #8810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Not everyone I guess :

I am actually surprised to learn about the compromised build quality of the 43" TV that you bought because the 55" inch one feels premium.
Yeah, the 55" should fare better considering the premium positioning of the TV within Mi's range. That too is great value, but I wasn't so sure whether it suited us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
If you're using the Firestick, it does have Bluetooth and you can connect your Sony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
I am sure you know but this TV will be getting official Android TV OS as a software update in 2019.
Oh! That's great news. I am no gadget person and had no idea about this. Thank You gentlemen!

I am probably more excited about the Droid OS than Bluetooth.

Can you point me to a good stabilizer? https://www.vguard.in/products/voltage-stabilizers Can Crystal Nano support a 43" TV?
Old 29th October 2018, 12:07   #8811
BHPian

Took a plunge an bought as LG LED TV- https://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-49UK6360PTE

I believe i got a better deal from LG Shoppe Thoraipakkam. It costed Rs.59,000 and i went for 12 month interest free EMI with HDFC credit card. Icing on the cake is i got 17.5% or 10,000 max cashback. Only dilemma i have is the requirement of stabilizer. i stay in Thoraipakkam OMR, as per the showroom guy he recommends it but i'm not convinced.

Last edited by Eddy : 29th October 2018 at 14:47. Reason: Corrected the link
Old 30th October 2018, 13:27   #8812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
Congrats Shashank.nk. I am in similar quandary. Planning to upgrade to OLED from my 11 yrs old Panasonic plasma-720p. Till now the TV has been flawless, but planning to move on.
Sony 65 inch OLED cost around 334000 after discount.it comes with one year warranty.guys, I need your help here.
Is there any dedicated third partyTV insurance,to give us peace of mind?
Thx in advance.
11 years is awesome! I was hoping to get arnd 10 years from my plasma too, unfortunately it fell 3 years short. You can go with Sony extended warranty for peace of mind upto 4 years, considering its a very expensive tv I wouldn't trust a 3rd party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Congratulations on your purchase.
I would advise you to definitely go for extended warranty.
With the 4 year extended warranty, you are assured peace of mind for next 5 years - 1+4.

Would appreciate feedback, if any, regarding hooking up a 4K gaming console to your 4K TV.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks, I don't have a PS4 yet, so no experience on that. However my TV has low latency (or similar) and is supposed to be great for gaming, no real world experience though, sorry.
Old 30th October 2018, 21:11   #8813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post

Is there any way I can connect a "Bluetooth" dongle in the USB port and get the spaekers linked to the TV via "Bluetooth". Experts, your advice please.
All in all, I am fairly happy with the deal I got but think in future I will stick with Samsung.
Cheers,
SS
It will be easier to get a digital SPDIF to analogue audio converter. This way you'll be able to connect your stereo speakers via the Optical output from your TV.
Old 30th October 2018, 23:56   #8814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr M R K View Post
It will be easier to get a digital SPDIF to analogue audio converter. This way you'll be able to connect your stereo speakers via the Optical output from your TV.
Hi M R K,
Thanks for the suggestion.
I have been looking up some of these adaptors on Amazon.
So, the "Toslink" port is the same as the digital Input? I mean the digital cable will go from the "Digital Out" on the TV to the "Toslink" port on the device and the speaker RCA Red/White cables are connected on the other side?
Some reviews state that the sound quality using this is not great. Any idea? One review actually states that the sound quality using the "Headphone Out" is far superior to this convertor so I am a bit skeptical now.
I also see that this is a powered device which means another plug/socket and more cable hanging at the back.. Anyway, if I don't have a choice, I guess it's the only way to go.

Thanks again.
SS
Old 31st October 2018, 19:56   #8815
BHPian

Quote:
Hi M R K,
Thanks for the suggestion.
I have been looking up some of these adaptors on Amazon.
So, the "Toslink" port is the same as the digital Input? I mean the digital cable will go from the "Digital Out" on the TV to the "Toslink" port on the device and the speaker RCA Red/White cables are connected on the other side?
Some reviews state that the sound quality using this is not great. Any idea? One review actually states that the sound quality using the "Headphone Out" is far superior to this convertor so I am a bit skeptical now.
I also see that this is a powered device which means another plug/socket and more cable hanging at the back.. Anyway, if I don't have a choice, I guess it's the only way to go.

Thanks again.
SS
You are right, the optical cable will go from Digital Out at the back of your TV to Toslink / SPDIF in. I only checked amazon UK store (I am based in UK) are the reviews are largely positive - so can't comment on the SQ of similar devices available in India. Check below for example.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Tos...alog+converter

Yes, the device is powered so additional set of cables. Not sure how New / Old your sound system is and your future plans for the same
Old 31st October 2018, 19:59   #8816
BHPian

Re: Adjustable Wall Mount Bracket?

Could someone help me with suggesting a good adjustable wall mount/bracket for 'Vu 98cm (39 inch) Full HD LED TV (H40D321)' ?

When it was delivered we asked him to place it on a table and now we feel the need for space, so want to wall mount the TV.

Please advise!
Old 31st October 2018, 20:03   #8817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi M R K,
-----snip---- only way to go.

Thanks again.
SS
Don't buy these converters. I suffered through the same some time back. My Samsung had only optical out and horrendous sound. I spent about 3k on the converter and the output was even worse than the TV speakers.
Instead, spend a little extra for a soundbar with optical in. I've seen a few that are going for 5-6k on Amazon. Trust me, it's a bit more of a spend, but the converter is a total waste of money.
Old 31st October 2018, 22:47   #8818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tht'snotME View Post
Took a plunge an bought as LG LED TV- https://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-49UK6360PTE

I believe i got a better deal from LG Shoppe Thoraipakkam. It costed Rs.59,000 and i went for 12 month interest free EMI with HDFC credit card. Icing on the cake is i got 17.5% or 10,000 max cashback. Only dilemma i have is the requirement of stabilizer. i stay in Thoraipakkam OMR, as per the showroom guy he recommends it but i'm not convinced.
I too bought the same but in different size LG 55 inch UHD. Also, LG is giving 2 year warranty in offline market, on top of that I bought the additional extended 2 year warranty for ₹6340. Total cost breakdown -
LG 55UK6360PTE = ₹67K
2 year extended warranty = ₹6340
cash back after 3 months = ₹10k
Total cost after cash back with 1 year insurance + 4 year warranty and free JIO dongle = ₹63340.

Some major points considered before buying this TV:
1. True 4K 10 bit panel.
2. 120hz refresh rate.
3. LG providing 4 year warranty with 1 year of insurance.

49 inch was offered for ₹56k + ₹10k cask back after 3 months.

Cashback available only on ICICI, AXIS, Standard Charter credit cards and HDFC debit cards.
Also, ₹5k cash back on emi with consumer loans.
Old 1st November 2018, 06:45   #8819
Senior - BHPian

I completely agree its a waste of money. 5 years back I sourced this from the UK and someone sent it to me. The sound was really disappointing. I'm using a basic Bose Solo5 to enhance the sound, and it's just great. Costs just Rs. 18K in UAE. Amazon India has JBL soundbars for 8K, I noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Don't buy these converters. I suffered through the same some time back.
Old 2nd November 2018, 01:30   #8820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Has anyone sideloaded Amazon Prime on their Iffalcon TVs?. Is it working fine. People have reported that wifi gets disconnected every few minutes once it has been installed.
As far as I know, there is still no working APK for Prime on IFFALCON. The one's that are available crash and reboot the entire OS after few minutes of watching any video on Prime. I have myself tried 2 versions and both of them have this issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks