Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2019, 12:31   #8851
BHPian

TV & Home Theatre advice!

Hi friends,

I am looking to put up a small home theatre setup with kind of cinema ambience and rich surround audio. Primary intent is for watching movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime in 4K with good audio. Viewing distance around 8 feet. Budget is approx 100-125k.

Have selected the following hardware:

TV - Mi LED Smart TV 4X Pro L55M4-4XINA - 40k
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-mi_led.jpg

AUDIO - POLK Audio MagniFi MAX SR - 70k
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-polk.png

Please share your feedback / suggestions on above setup. Anything else I need to know?

Last edited by vikash49 : 24th February 2019 at 12:33.
Old 25th February 2019, 15:05   #8852
BHPian

Re: TV & Home Theatre advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
I am looking to put up a small home theatre setup with kind of cinema ambience and rich surround audio. Primary intent is for watching movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime in 4K with good audio.
AUDIO - POLK Audio MagniFi MAX SR - 70k
Looking at the budget, I'd recommend you get a receiver + speakers for your purpose. The sound quality would blow any sound bar. ex) Yamaha RX-485 + NSP-40 (should cost around 55K(offline store)) I got the older versions of both for 51K a year back. Five family/friends have bought the same after experiencing it.

Last edited by gendarmee : 25th February 2019 at 15:14.
Old 14th March 2019, 11:12   #8853
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

We used to have a Kenwood set up with 4 speakers and a bass. If I remember correctly we got it for less than a lakh. We have sold it already. It had very good sound quality, especially the low-range.
Old 25th March 2019, 16:36   #8854
BHPian

I have a SONY (KLV-49W772E) which I bought almost 2 years back. Wanted to know if any wireless keyboard/mouse can be used on this model? I have not seen this mentioned on their microsite of this model. It has WiFi however no Bluetooth. Any pointers will help...

Last edited by sumathindra : 25th March 2019 at 16:39. Reason: edits
Old 26th March 2019, 00:56   #8855
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I have a SONY (KLV-49W772E) which I bought almost 2 years back. Wanted to know if any wireless keyboard/mouse can be used on this model? I have not seen this mentioned on their microsite of this model. It has WiFi however no Bluetooth. Any pointers will help...
If you have any wireless mouse or keyboard, please try putting its dongle in TV's USB port. Mostly it will connect your mouse/keyboard to TV.
Old 26th March 2019, 01:26   #8856
BHPian

This Polk audio sound bar is nowhere close to acceptable. I bought one of their systems and returned it the next day. Horrible. For all in one easy to use systems, I don't think anyone comes close to Bose.

If you are willing to spend time configuring stuff then there are better systems than Bose to be had for cheaper. However, if you want something that "just works" then its got to be Bose or maybe Sonos.
Old 26th March 2019, 06:21   #8857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I am using this wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo for my Sony TV.
A small usb slots into your TV usb port and after setting up the keyboard, you are good to go.
Available on Amazon India.

Source: Logitech Wireless Keyboard
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-keyb.jpg  

Last edited by Ithaca : 26th March 2019 at 06:23.
Old 27th March 2019, 19:10   #8858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I am using this wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo for my Sony TV.
A small usb slots into your TV usb port and after setting up the keyboard, you are good to go.
Available on Amazon India.

Source: Logitech Wireless Keyboard
+1. I used the exact same model with my Panasonic and it worked like a charm.
Old 28th March 2019, 16:00   #8859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
+1. I used the exact same model with my Panasonic and it worked like a charm.
Will this work on a 7 year old Panasonic Plasma non-smart TV? I am mainly looking at this with a use case of searching for titles on Amazon prime or netflix which is cumbersome using the Device remote to move to each alphabet or number and click the remote for selection

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 28th March 2019 at 16:02.
Old 28th March 2019, 19:53   #8860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Will this work on a 7 year old Panasonic Plasma non-smart TV?
Sorry, I'm not sure. My Panasonic was bought in 2016. It was a smart TV with Firefox OS. I used it for searching/typing as well.
Old 30th March 2019, 21:27   #8861
Senior - BHPian

We have VU 49" LED (Non-Smart) TV.

I want to connect a Bluetooth Headset to the TV using 3.5mm Bluetooth Adapter so that I can (watch and) listen to the TV without disturbing other occupants in the room.

I have searched on Amazon.in and found some devices. Will either of these work for me even though I would be using it for listening to the TV.
I am unable to decide which one to go for. Please help me decide which one to buy considering the following points (not in particular order)-
1. Good Battery Backup (May be 5-6 Hrs).
2. Cost to be on lower side (Rs. 400-500/- if possible).
3. Reliability to be good.

Also on a side note will the same device work for Aux-In Port as well?

Our Xylo's (Nov. 2009) Head unit has Aux-In Port but no Bluetooth. Hence will I be able to play the music from my Phone to the Xylo's HU using this Bluetooth Adapter in Aux-In Port?
Old 30th March 2019, 21:42   #8862
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post

I Port?
For your TV you need a transmitter, for your car you need a receiver, so one device will not work on both.
Search for "Bluetooth aux transmitter " on amazon. There are many options, and most of what I saw is powered too, as in you can leave the charger cable connected. Pick your price
Old 31st March 2019, 05:17   #8863
BHPian

Quote:

I want to connect a Bluetooth Headset to the TV using 3.5mm Bluetooth Adapter so that I can (watch and) listen to the TV without disturbing other occupants in the room.
I am also looking for a similar solution. You will need a Bluetooth transmitter and bluetooth headphones to listen to the audio. Look for "low-latency" or "aptx" written on both the transmitter and the receiver as without this I hear that there will be significant time delay between the video and the audio, thus making it a bad experience.

If you are using fire TV stick, I believe it has a Bluetooth transmitter in it.
Old 1st April 2019, 16:37   #8864

Quote:
https://www.amazon.in/Farraige%C2%AE-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Headphones/dp/B07JRC7Y48/ref=sr_1_8?crid=139SUOLN1G7EL&keywords=bluetooth+t ransmitter+and+receiver&qid=1554116495&s=gateway&s prefix=bluetooth+tra%2Caps%2C277&sr=8-8

I am using something similar for more than 2 years, mainly for watching late night movies. It does not have aptX but there is no lag. It works both as a transmitter as well as receiver. Also, it supports 2 devices, which means two people can listen to the transmission.
Old 2nd April 2019, 18:03   #8865
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,
I am looking to purchase a 55 inch 4K TV for the living room. Currently, I have a 42 inch LG LED smart TV that I am very happy with. Will be moving this unit to the bedroom for Netflix, AMazon Prime and YouTube.
I am hoping to get a TV within 75 to 80K. I know that MI has a couple of options in 55'' 4K segment but I am not convinced about their quality and longevity. Planning to get this in early May. Any input would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks